Total views : 300
The Application based on Creativity/Personality Education Program using a Digital Curation System
Background/Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of an image-based creativity/personality education program using a digital curation system on prospective engineers, prospective designers and preservice early childhood teachers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The subjects in this study were 240 selected students who majored in media engineering, visual design and early childhood education in colleges located in the city of Busan and South Gyeongsang Province. Findings: First, when the image-based creativity/personality education program that used a digital curation system was provided for the prospective engineers, the would-be designers and the preservice early childhood teachers, the program had no significant effects on the creativity of the prospective engineers and designers, but that had significant effects on the preservice early childhood teachers. Second, the image-based creativity/personality education program that used a digital curation system had no significant effects on the personality of the prospective engineers and designers, either, but the program had significant effects on the preservice early childhood teachers. Application/ Improvements: To produce more generalizable results, more sampling is required from broader regions. In the future, sampling from more extended areas is required.
Creativity, Digital Curation System, Education Program, Personality.
- Peng S, Cherng B, Chen H. The effects of classroom goal structures on the creativity of junior high school students. Educational Psychology: An International Journal of Experimental Educational Psychology. 2013; 33(5):540–60.
- Pirola-Merlo A, Mann L. The relationship between individual creativity and team creativity: Aggregating across people and time. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 2004; 25(2):235–57.
- Sternberg RJ. The dark side of creativity and how to combat it. Cropley AJ, Cropley JC, Kaufman MA, Runco, editors. The dark side of creativity. New York: Cambridge. University Press; 2002. p. 316–28.
- Cropley AJ. Creativity in education and learning. A guide for teacher sand educators. London: KoganPage; 2001.
- Johnson M. Moral imagination: Implications of cognitive science for ethics. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press; 1993.
- Park YJ. Development and application of a creativity education program for the early childhood teachers. Doctoral’s Thesis, Paichai University; 2008.
- Baek YS, Park HJ, Kim YM, Noh SG, Park JY, Lee L, Joo J, Yon Y, Jeong J, Choi JS, Han YH. STEAM education in Korea. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction. 2011; 11(4):149–71.
- Lee EJ. A study on the learning environment for the activation of the creativity and character education. Doctoral Thesis, Ewha Womans University. 2014; 10(1):1–35.
- Li SK, Heo NY. A study on efficiency of film in language learning and creative writing. Teacher Education Research. 2009; 48(3):79–100.
- Lim SJ. A study on integrated education of film education and other subjects: Focusing on middle school ethics and Korean. Master’s Thesis, Sejong University. 2013;12(3):403–13.
- Hans-Gerd G, Moon HS. Filmund bildung. The Education Reasearch for Tomorrow. 2005; 18(1):27–46.
- Park SB. The development and verification of creativity model (CAPE) based on. Doctoral Thesis, Kyungpook University; 2008.
- Youn JJ. The development of creativity problem solving program for young children using picture book based video. Korea Journal of Child Care and Education. 2006; 47(2):285–311.
- Ha JH. Developmental study of creative thinking and creative personality from childhood to youth. Doctoral Thesis, Sungkyunkwan University. 1999; 7(2):178–87.
- Jun JS. Development and validation of personality self assessment scale for preschool teachers. Doctoral Thesis, Sungkyunkwan University. 2000; 101(2):213–32.
- Lim HJ. Verifying the structural relationship among creativity and integrity, metacognition, mastery-approach goal, communication skills, and autonomous educational climate at the college level. Doctoral Thesis, Ewha Womans University. 2015; 9(1):129–34.
- Cheung C, Rudowicz E, Yue X , Kwan AS. Creativity of university students: What is the impact of field and year of study? Journal of Creative Behavior. 2003; 37(1):42–63.
- Simonton DK. Formal education, eminence and dogmatism: The curvilinear relationship. Journal of Creative Behavior. 1983; 17(3):149–62.
- Park BG. Effect analysis of the college students` creativity education using a liberal-arts course. The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology. 2004; 18(2):69–81.
- Starko AJ. Creativity in the classroom: Schools of curious delight. Routledge Publishing; 2014.
- Smolucha F. A reconstruction of Vygotsky's theory of creativity. Creativity Research Journal. 1992; 5(1):49–67.
- Runco MA. Creativity: Theories and themes, research, development and practice. Burlington, MA, USA: Academic Press; 2007.
- Spickelmier JL. College experience and moral judgement development. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota. 1983; 17(3):184–94.
- Park EM. Effects of personality education program for university students. Journal of the Korea Contens Association. 2012; 12(7): 497–509.
- Seo HS, Kong ES. The effect of personality education group counseling program on the self-esteem, self-expression, and sociability of university students. Journal of Koran Society for Youth Protection and Guidance. 2009; 15(4):53–70.
- Lee YA. A study on the developing character education program for prevention from dropouts. The Korean Journal of East Science. 2006; 9(1):95–104.
- Kim J-J, Kim B-M. Analysis on the types of infant leaders’ images among early childhood teachers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S7):462–6. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS7/70474.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.