Total views : 252
Effects of VMD Elements in Sports Product Fashion Stores on Customer Attitude and Product Purchase Intention- Centering around Chinese College Students and Sports Product Stores
Background/Objectives: This study analyzed a relationship between consumer attitude and commodity purchase intention for VMD elements of the sports brand fashion stores in terms of Chinese female undergraduates, thereby having examined which significant influence the consumer attitude and the commodity purchase intention are given by a type & a commodity expression method in VMD elements and a development means in VMD elements. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For the empirical analysis, a questionnaire survey was conducted targeting female college students in Tianjin city of China during the period from May 1, 2015 to May 20, 2015. Totally 315 copies were utilized as the final analytical subjects. For the empirical analysis of this study, IBM SPSS Statistics 21.0 was used. To verify validity, a factor analysis of using the principal component was used. To inspect hypothesis of the research, a regression analysis was used. Summarizing the findings, they are as follows. Findings: Firstly, the findings for each grade represented that the lower grades were 162, 51.4% of the whole, and the higher grades were 153, 48.6% of the whole. The findings for each major represented that design related majors were 43.2% and non-design related majors were 56.8%. In addition, for the purchase place, the department store ranked the highest with 43.5%. Internet stores, brand shops, and flea markets ranked next in sequence. Secondly, a type and a commodity expression method in VMD elements and a development means in VMD elements had influence upon consumer attitude. Lastly, consumer attitude, a type and a commodity expression method in VMD elements and a development means in VMD elements had effect on commodity purchase intention. Applications/Improvement: This study will provide basic information for establishing proper VMD strategies in sports fashion stores. Moreover, it is expected to be useful data for the corporations which plan to establish sports fashion stores.
Consumer Attitude, Commodity Purchase Intention, Sports Fashion Stores, VMD Elements
- Lee Y, Mijinsa S. Fashion VMD, women’s clothing retailer relief of VMD at underground. Journal of the Korea Distribution Science Conference. 2001 Jul; 914.
- Lea-Greenwood L, Gaynor G. Visual merchandising: a neglected area in UK fashion marketing. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management. 1998; 26(8):325–7.
- Gilboa S, Rafaeli A. Store environment, emotions and approach behavior. International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research. 2003; 13(2):195–211.
- Park MJ. VMD image appropriateness on consumers affective cognitive, and conative responses testing models based on the emotion-cognition theory and the cognitive theory of emotions. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture. 2009; 17(3):20–7.
- Park HH, Jeon JO. The effect of VMD structural elements on fashion brand attitude. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles. 2008; 28(1):78–84.
- Lee SE, Lim SJ. Study on the effects of VMD. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture. 2008; 16(5):13–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.