Total views : 293
Effect of Psychomotricity by ADHD Children on the Ego-Resilience and Social Relation Skill of Convergence
Background/Objectives: The objective of this study is to find the effects of psychomotor programs on ego-resilience and social relations skills of 20 children (grade 3-4) diagnosed with ADHD. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this study, a psychomotor program was conducted on 10 children with ADHD twice a week for 10 weeks, 20 rounds in total and Korea Personality Rating Scale for Children was used to evaluate changes in children’s ego-resilience and social relations skills. Findings: The program has been identified to have a positive effect on ego-resilience and social relations skills through pre- and post-tests. On the basis of this study results, it seems necessary to expand psychomotor programs to improve the ego-resilience and the social relation skills of children with ADHD. Some differences were found in effects between groups and the time of pre- and post-tests for self-resilience (F = 26.40, p = .000). Statistically significant differences were found for main effects of the group (F = 8.20, p = .01), main effects for pre- and post-tests (F = 14.91, p = .001) and in the interaction between the groups and the time of pre- and post-tests (F = 17.12, p = .001). The study found that psychomotor programs have highly positive effects on social relations skills and positive changes were also found for self-resilience. Application/Improvements: Thus, psychomotor programs designed to enhance self-resilience and social relations skills for children with ADHD need to be applied broadly based on this study
ADHD, Ego-Resilience, Psychomotricity, Social Relation Skill
- Cantwell DP. Attention deficit disorder: A review of the past 10 years. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 1996; 35(2):978–87.
- Hong KE. Wrote a new pediatric psychiatry in accordance with the DSM-5. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2014. p. 1–3.
- Barkley RA, Fischer A, Edelbrock CS, Smallish A. The adolescent outcome of hyperactive children diagnosed by research criteria: Academic, attentional and neuropsychological status. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 1990; 58(5):580–8.
- Kwoon JS, 11et. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Fifth Ed. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2015.
- Hoz B, Gerdes AC, Hinshaw SP, Arnold LE, Pelham WE, Molina, BS. Self- perception of competence in children with ADHD and comparison children. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2004; 72(3):382–91.
- Lee SB, Bang MY, Kim EK, Park JY. Emotional and behavioral disorder. 2nd ed. Seoul: Hakjisa; 2014.
- Cho SM, Park HY, Kim JH, Hong CH, Hwang ST. A standardization study of The Korean Personality Rating Scale for Children (KPRC). The Korea Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2006; 25(3):825–48.
- Ko YS. Effects on the peer environment and the quality of peer relationships Emotional Intelligence. [MS Dissertation]. Daejeon University; 2003. p. 330–66.
- Lee DH. Peer, teacher and parents relationships of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms. Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology. 2011; 18(3):341–60.
- Lee HJ, Hwang SY. Mediating effect of school victimization experience on adolescents’ ADHD tendency and school bullying behavior. Journal of Korean Society of Child Welfare. 2013; 42:83–108.
- Lee MJ. The symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity and maladjustment: Mediating effect of concept and ego-resilience. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology. 2007; 26(2):429–48.
- Zimmer R, Lee SJ. Studies in psychomotricity. Seoul: Seoul Community Rehabilitation Center; 2005.
- Capello C, Esposito E. ADHD children with psychomotricity. Intensive Training Course Kit. Korea Association of Psychomotricity. 2010; 30(1):24–36.
- Song HJ. The effects of social experience based on psychomotor intervention for ADHD children’s attention concentration and emotional recognition. The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology. 2012; 19(2):337–59.
- Kwon YH, Rhie SJ. Effects of psychomotricity on challenging behaviors of a young child with ADHD tendency. Research of Waldorf Education. 2012; 4(1):37–61.
- Kim JH, Cho SM, Hong CH, Hwang ST. Korea personality rating scale for children. Daegu: Korea Psychology Co; 2005.
- Kim HM. The effect of psychomotricity by the emotional behavior disorder (ADHD) children on the improvement of self-esteem, depression or hyperactivity in terms of convergence. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2015; 13(11):571–8.
- Han YJ. The effects of the psychomotor play therapy program on reducing stress and improving social self-efficacy of children. Journal of Play Therapy. 2011; 15(3):65–80.
- Ma JL. The effects of psychomotor program on the self-esteem of children from community child center. Asian Journal of Child Welfare and Development. 2014; 12(3):187–206.
- Heo SY, Lee S. Effect of group theraplay program on ego resilience and intermalizing disorder of first-grade school children. The Journal of Play Therapy. 2010; 14(3):75–92.
- Park MH, Jung KI, Seo YH. The relationship of physical self-concept, ego resilience and happiness based on exercise participation in elementary school students. The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education. 2015; 21(1):165–81.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.