Total views : 412
The Tourists’ Behavioral Intention on the Souvenir of Pottery from Onggi and Attribute of Tourism Souvenir
Background/Objectives: This study aims to give guidance to develop tourism products and souvenir using pottery in rural area which need information and data for marketing techniques as strategic marketing of development Methods/ Statistical Analysis: For the verification of this research, a survey was conducted by online, targeting ordinary people from 1st to 20th September’15 and could get total 332 valid samples. The SPSS grogram was used about collected data and a frequency analysis, factor analysis, multiple regression analysis was implemented. The results of this research show that symbolism, esthetics, practicality and ease are important factors. Findings: Reliability and validity of each construct were secured by conducting reliability analysis. Exploratory factor analysis of selected attribute of tourism souvenir and purchase intention of tourism souvenir using pottery was verified reliability and validity as measuring instrument and sub-components of selected attribute of tourism souvenir such as symbolism, esthetics, practicality and ease have the statistically meaningful positive effect relationship. This implies that if symbolism is emphasized on the development of tourism souvenir to increase preference of tourism souvenir using potter, purchase intention and preference of tourism souvenir can increase. Local and Korean symbolism should be emphasized on the development of tourism souvenir by using pottery. Tourism souvenirs using pottery differ depending on size, but 1~20,000 won levels and 3~40,000 won levels of product compositions are proper for the payment intention of tourism souvenir from Onggi. This research gives information and data for marketing techniques which insufficient about customer’s buying intention and decision process such as preference which various customer bases can be secured. Improvements/Applications: This study desires to investigate selected attribute of tourism souvenir, preference, purchase intention and payment intention of consumers about tourism souvenir using pottery as marketing development in rural experience tourism.
Attraction, Earthen Ware (Onggi), Purchase Intention, Tourism Product, Tourism Souvenir
- An JH. A study on the marketing strategy plan for Onggi cultural goods commercialization. [Thesis]. Seoul Science Technology University; 2011. p. 22–61.
- Lee MH. Theory of the tourism product. 1st edn. Seoul: Daewangsa Publication Company; 2009.
- Yoon DS. Theory of tourism management. 1st edn. Seoul: Baeksan Publication Company; 1996; 37(1):147–54.
- Jung HJ. The role of souvenirs on the attitude formation tourist destination by recollection on-site tourism experience. [Master thesis]. Ga Cheon University; 2013. p. 1–5.
- Kim MY, Park JH, Cho YH. A study on the relationships among characteristics of destination, personal meaning toward travel and souvenir choice behavior. Journal of Tourism Sciences. 2007; 31(3):77–96.
- Beverly G. The souvenir: Messenger of the extraordinary. Journal of Popular Culture. 1986; 20(3):135–46.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 21st century Strategy for Inculturation of Product. 1999. Available from: www.korea.net/AboutUs/Ministry-of-Culture-Sports-andTourism
- Choi EJ. Influences expectations on tourism experiences have upon souvenir selections at tourism site. [Master thesis]. Dong Myung University; 2009.
- Kim HS, Jung HJ. The critical study of tourism souvenir research. Korea Tourism Sciences. Proceedings of 2nd IRC Korea Tourism Science. 2012; 30(2):9–21.
- Yoon YS, Yoon YH, Yang JI. A study on attitude of foreign tourists’ shopping tourism service that affect destination loyalty and culture understanding. Tourism Research.2013; 28(4):67–83.
- Tao W. Difference of tourist souvenir purchase motivation between Chinese Students and Korean Students. [Master’s thesis]. Ho Nam University; 2012. p. 1–109.
- Kim EP, Lee HS, Lee MA. A research on the design preference based on the survey of purchasing cultural sightseeing souvenirs by foreign tourists - Based on the sales results of cultural sightseeing souvenirs in Insa-dong. Proceedings of 15th Korea Science Art Forum; Seoul. 2014. p. 103–14.
- Mary LA, Luella AF, Brown PJ. What makes a craft souvenir authentic? Annals of Tourism Research. 1993; 20(1):197–215.
- Oh SH. A study on the attachment behavior to tourist souvenirs in the recollection. The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure. 1997; 9(2):107–17.
- Ko JW. A study on the intensification to international competitiveness of the tourism souvenir manufacture enterprises in Korea. [Doctorate thesis]. Kyunghee University. 2001. p. 869–73.
- Chang HJ, Yu JY. Influences of souvenir characteristics of the purchase intention. The Korea Academic Society of Tourism and Leisure. 2010; 14(1):247–62.
- Alireza A, Mahmood NB. The effect of three-dimensional advertising technology on internet shopping trust and intention. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1–11.
- Park SG. Scientific of Onggi. Seoul: Monthly Pottery Publ; 2001. p. 10.
- Blacksmith’s workshop, Onggi, Roof tile. 1994. 2015. Available from: http://www.science.go.kr/
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.