Total views : 241
A Study on the effect of Consulting, Education and Conflict Levels on the Competitiveness of Small Businesses Cooperative
Background/Objectives: Since 2012, cooperatives between small businesses have been increasing rapidly. Thus this study conducted an empirical analysis on the effect of education, consulting and conflict levels on cooperatives’ competitiveness. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The data used in this study consist of 290 valid samples of individual interviews based on standardized survey responses from 360 cooperative executives who received government support in 2014. Factor analysis was done using statistical packages SPSS21, Effects between variables was analyzed by structural equation model using AMOS21 statistical package. Findings: The main interests of existing studies are agricultural cooperatives and credit unions, but this study empirically analyzed by targeting commercial cooperatives. Also existing cooperative research concentrated on legal, institutional, or normative approaches. However, this study approached this research by placing importance on conflict management within a partnership, as well as the importance of education and consulting on securing the small business cooperatives early on, and on their continuous development and competitive growth. This study did confirm the importance and role of education and conflict management for the cooperatives. Education satisfaction levels do not significantly affect conflict levels, but do significantly affect competitiveness. Conflict levels significantly affect competitiveness. However, consulting satisfaction level was found to not have a significant influence on conflict levels within a partnership as well as competitiveness. This coincides with the additional analysis on the relationship between consulting satisfaction levels and consultant competencies. Results revealed that current consulting services are insufficient for establishing cooperative business models. Application/Improvement: Current consulting services do not have a significant effect on conflict management or cooperative competitiveness. This study offers an operational perspective on this issue: current cooperative consulting services require improvement.
Consulting, Cooperatives, Conflict, Competitiveness, Education
- Nam Y. A Study on the Strategy of the Cooperatives Supporting Service of Micro Enterprises. Korea Small Business Institute: Seoul, 2014.
- Song I. A New Paradigm of the Small Business Start up. Chungnam Law Review. 2013; 24(1):365–402.
- Choi H. Study on Consulting based on the Assessment Result of Government Support Projects. Han-sung University. 2015.
- Jang J. The Role and Challenges of Korean Cooperative Sector in the Era of Framework Act on Cooperatives. Trends and Prospects. 2012; 86(1):289–320.
- Finzel1 B, Kildegaard A. An efficient contracting approach to rural electric cooperatives and the development of upper midwest (U.S.) wind resources. Journal of Sustainable Development. 2013; 6(5):85–92.
- Park C. What is the Problem in the Strengthening Competitiveness of Small and Micro Enterprises ? Small and Micro Business Competitiveness Forum: Seoul. 2009; 19–34.
- Nelson R. The Complex Economic Organization of Capitalist Economies. Capitalism and Society. 2011; 6(1):2.
- Oh S, Hong H, Jeon J. The Analysis of Correlation between Management Performance and Governmental Support Policy for SMB. Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society. 2009; 10(7):1696–701.
- Kim S. The Effects of Government Policy and Characteristics of Micro- enterprise on Business Strategy and Performance. Chung-buk University. 2013.
- Ko B, Yong S, Lee S. An Empirical Study on the Determinants of New Venture Performance. The Journal of Business and Venturing. 2003; 6(2):3–33.
- Jeon I, You J, Choi S, Lee C, Yoon S. Policy issues and Improvement Measures for Strengthening the Competitiveness of Micro Enterprises. Korea Small Business Institute: Seoul. 2005.
- Lee C, Lee N, Kim J. Effects of Market Environmental Characteristics and Governmental Support on the Balanced Score of Small & Micro Business. Accounting Information Review. 2009; 27(1):261–84.
- Kim S, Min K, Oh S. A Study on the Governmental Policy’ Loan of Small Business. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2012; 13(4):1594–602.
- Kim J, You Y, Kim J-R. An empirical study as to an effect on policy satisfaction of small and medium-sized firms which got consulting. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(7):701–10.
- Park C, Choi Y, Chung S, Kim J, Jeon B, Kim J. Public PolicyRelated Characteristics of the Micro Business Development Center in Korea. The Korean Small Business Review. 2003; 25(4):227–43.
- Lee N, Lee C. Effects of management strategies and supporting services on the business performance of small & micro business based on growth stages. Journal of Finance and Accounting Information. 2010; 10(2):167–88.
- Ko S, Lim S. A Exploratory Study on the Establishment of Micro-enterprise Cooperatives through Consulting for Cooperatives. Proceedings of The Korean Academic Association of Business Administration Conference. Korea. 2013.p. 49–63.
- Lim J, Kim K, Jeon E. A study on the regional economic activation by cooperatives: focused on Gwangju City. Journal of Industrial Economics and Business. 2013; 26(1):377–407.
- Jang J. A comparative analysis of ecosystem of worker cooperatives in Italy, Mondragon, and France. The Korean Journal of Cooperative Studies. 2013; 31(2):209–30.
- Oh D. A exploratory study on conflict experiences of social enterprise by new organization providing community welfare. Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration. 2013; 15(3):161–88.
- Robbins SP, Judge TA. Organizational Behavior (translator; Lee D, Kim T, Park K). Hanti Media: Seoul. 2011.
- Luthans F. Organization Behavior. McGrow-Hill: New York. 1985.
- Yang S, Seo Y. Relationships among Conflict Factor and Level, Residents’ Cooperation and Support for Tourism Development - Focused on Casino Development in Jeju. The Journal of Tourism Research. 2015; 30(2):309–29.
- Kim I. An Evaluation on Marketing Competitiveness of Korean SMEs. Koreanische Zeitschrift fuer Wirtschaftswissenschaften. 2009; 27(1):81–97.
- Bong M, Lee Y. Training Needs Analysis and Development of Training Model for Cooperative Associations’ Workers. Proceedings of The Korea Contents Association Conference. Korea. 2015. p. 207–8.
- Song J. SPSS/AMOS statistical methods needed to create paper. 21Century Publishing: Seoul, 2014.
- Seo C, Lee J, Kim S. A Competency Model for Management Consulting: Comparison of the Consultant`s Competency Specialized in Small Business and Large Business. Vocational Education Research. 2011; 30(2):135–55.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.