Total views : 237
A Random Congestion Routing Protocol Based on Queue Latency and Link Reliability Estimation in MANETs
Objectives: The increased usage of wireless network communication and service demands for better quality services. This paper proposed a Random Congestion Routing Protocol (RCRP) based on the node data queue latency and its link reliability estimation in a mobile ad hoc network. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Wireless QoS mainly depends on efficient data routing with minimum latency, but due to high mobility and low resources make it's unreliable. Another factor which highly impacts the wireless QoS is the network congestion, it causes due to the increase in data traffic for the various services usage and the complexity of the mesh network. So, it is very important to manage delivery latency and link reliability in the congested network for efficient data routing. The proposed RCRP support in achieving efficient data routing with minimum latency through Queue Latency Estimation (QL) and provides are liable link with low energy consumption through Link Reliability Estimation (LR). Findings: The integrated approach can effectively manage the congested network and can provide better throughput. The experiment evaluation result supports the improvisation in throughput with low end-2-end delay and energy consumption for the proposal approach.
Congestion Routing, Energy Consumption, Link Reliability, MANET, QoS, Queue Latency .
- Shen H, Li Z, Qiu C. A Distributed Three-Hop Routing Protocol to Increase the Capacity of Hybrid Wireless Networks. IEEE Transactions On Mobile Computing. 2015 Oct; 14(10):1975–91.
- Kokilamani M, Karthikeyan E. A Novel Technique to Control Congestion and Energy Aware Routing Scheme for Wireless Mobile Ad hoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–11.
- Ji Z, Wang Y, Lu J. Delay-Aware Resource Control and Routing in Multihop Wireless Networks. IEEE Communications Letters. 2015 Nov; 19(11):2001–04.
- Cuong DD, Tam NV, Hieu NG. Improving Multipath Routing Protocols Performance in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks based on QoS Cross-Layer Routing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–8.
- Zhou D, Song W, Shi M. Goodput Improvement for Multipath TCP by Congestion Window Adaptation in Multi-Radio Devices, IEEE Consumer Communication and Networking Conference, Las Vegas, NV. 2013 Jan. p. 508–14.
- Zhang X, Sun W, Yang Z, Liu Y. Energy-Efficient Neighbour Discovery in Mobile Ad Hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2014 Mar; 16(3):1448–59.
- Soelistijanto B, Howarth MP. Transfer Reliability and Congestion Control Strategies in Opportunistic Networks: A Survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2014 Feb; 16(1):538–55.
- Pearlin RFS, Rekha G. Performance Comparison of AODV, DSDV and DSR Protocols in Mobile Networks using NS-2. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(8):1–8.
- Karaoglu B, Heinzelman W. Cooperative Load Balancing and Dynamic Channel Allocation for Cluster-Based Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions On Mobile Computing. 2015 May; 14(5):951–63.
- Rajeswari S, Venkataramani Y. Congestion Control and QOS Improvement for AEERG protocol in MANET. International Journal on Ad hoc Networking Systems (IJANS). 2012 Jan; 2(1):13–21.
- Kaur R, Singh P, Gaba GS, Pasricha R. Performance Enhancement of AODV with Distributed-DSR Routing Protocol in Manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28):1–6.
- Li X, Liu Z, Chang Y, Sun P. An improved AODV routing protocol based on the congestion control and routing repair mechanism. WRI International Conference On Communications and Mobile Computing, CMC'09, Yunnan. 2009 Jan; 2. p. 259–62.
- Shenbagapriya R, Narayanan K. An Efficient Proactive Source Routing Protocol for Controlling the Overhead in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–6.
- Woo A, Culler D. Evaluation of Efficient Link Reliability Estimators for Low-Power Wireless Networks. Technical Report, University Of California. 2003; 1–20.
- Chen S, Yang N. Congestion Avoidance Based on Lightweight Buffer Management in Sensor Networks. IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2006 Sep; 17(9):934–46.
- Su GY, Ho CC. Random Early Detection Improved by Progressive Adjustment Method. Proceedings for IEEE 6th National Conference on Telecommunication Technologies in Malaysia Conference on Photonics, IEEE, Putrajaya. 2008 Aug. p. 250–53.
- Athuraliya S, Low S, Li V, Yin Q. REM: Active Queue Management. IEEE Network Magazine. 2001 Jan; 15(3):48–53.
- Chan YC, Lee HJ. A Hybrid Congestion Control for TCP over High Speed Networks, Sixth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing, Kitakushu. 2012. p. 530–33.
- Sergiou C, Antoniou P, Vassiliou V. A Comprehensive Survey of Congestion Control Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Communication Surveys and Tutorials. 2014 Apr; 16(4):1839–59.
- Torres R, Border J, Choquette G, Xu J, Jong JH. Congestion Control using RED and TCP Window Adjustment IEEE, Military Comm Conference, MILCOM, Orlando, FL. 2012 Nov. p. 1–6.
- Song W, Jiang S, Wei G. A Congestion-Aware Multipath Routing with Cross Layer Design for Wireless Mesh Networks. Proceedings of the 15th Asia- Pacific Conference on Communications, Shanghai. 2009 Oct. p. 656–60.
- Li X, Liu Z, Chang Y, Sun P. An improved AODV routing protocol based on the congestion control and routing repair mechanism. In Communications and Mobile Computing, CMC 09,WRI International Conference On Yunnan. 2009 Jan; 2. p. 259–62.
- Wan CY, Eisenman SB, Campbell AT. CODA: Congestion Detection and Avoidance in Sensor Networks. Proceeding of ACM International Conference On Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '03), Los Angeles, California. 2003 Nov. p. 266–79.
- Hull B, Jamieson K, Balakrishnan H. Mitigating Congestion in Wireless Sensor Networks, ACM International Conference On SenSys'04, Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 2004 Nov. p. 134–47.
- Sheeja S, Pujeri RV. Effective Congestion Avoidance Scheme for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. International Journal of Computer Network and Information Security. 2013; 1:33–40.
- Kumaran TS, Sankaranarayanan V. Dynamic Congestion detection and control routing in adhoc networks. Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences. 2013 Jan; 25(1):25–34.
- Firoiu V, Borden M. A study of active Queue Management for congestion control. In Proceedings of the IEEE Infocom. 2000 Mar; 1–31.
- Soundararajan S, Raghuvel SB. Multipath load balancing & rate based congestion control for mobile ad hoc networks, IEEE. 2nd International Conference On Digital Information and Communication Technology and Applications (DICTAP), Bangkok. 2012 May. p. 30–5.
- Tran DA, Raghavendra H. Congestion Adaptive Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel Distributed Systems. 2006 Nov; 17(11):1294–305.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.