Total views : 202
Improving AODV Protocol to Avoid Congested Areas in Mobile Ad hoc Networks
Objectives: To improve routing mechanism of AODV protocol to enhance performance of Mobile Ad hoc network getting congested areas. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Proposing a method to estimate the link delay at MAC layer based on service time. This method includes estimations of frame error rate and channel utilization; Using cross-layer approach to get value of link delay estimated at MAC layer. This delay is utilized to calculate delay of route at Network layer; Using route delay as the routing metric in routing process. Findings: The simulation result of AODV and the proposed protocol AODV-DM in NS2 simulation shows that AODV-DM protocol archives better performance than AODV protocol in terms of 30% higher of packet delivery ratio, 27% higher of average throughput, 32% lower of average packet delay and 40% lower of routing overhead. Application/ Improvements: The proposed AODV-DM protocol can be used in low performance Mobile Ad hoc Network due to congestion.
AODV, Congestion, Delay, Mobile Ad hoc Networks, Routing, Service Time.
- Perkins C, Belding-Royer E, Das S. Ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing. Network Working Group, Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. 2003; p. 1-37.
- Barua G, Agarwal M. Caching of Routes in Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing for Mobile Ad hoc Networks. Mumbai, India: ICCC Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Computer Communication. 2002 Aug; p. 1-12.
- Tamilarasi M, Palanivelu T. Adaptive Link Timeout with Energy Aware Mechanism for On-Demand Routing in MANETs. Ubiquitous Computing and Communication Journal. 2009 Oct; 4(4):96-102.
- Alshanyour A, Baroudi U. Bypass-AODV: improving performance of ad hoc on-demand distance vector (AODV) routing protocol in wireless ad hoc networks. Athens, Greece: Proceedings of International Conference on Ambient Media and Systems. 2008; p. 17.
- Lee SJ, Gerla M. AODV-BR: backup routing in ad hoc networks. Chicago, USA: Proceedings of Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC. IEEE), WCNC’00. 2000; 3:1311-16.
- Lai WK, Hsiao S-Y, Lin Y-C. Adaptive backup routing for ad-hoc networks. Journal of Computer Communications. 2007 Jan; 30(2):453-64.
- AL-Gabri M, Chunlin L, Zhiyong Y, Hasan A, Xiaoqing Z. Improved the Energy of Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol. Seoul, Korea: Proceeding of the International Conference on Future Computer Supported Education. 2012 Aug; p. 355-61.
- Madhan Mohan R, Selvakumar K. Power controlled routing in wireless ad hoc networks using cross layer approach. Egyptian Informatics Journal. 2012 Jul; 13(2):95-101.
- Srinivasan P, Kamalakkannan P. Enhancing Route Maintenance in RSEA-AODV for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India: Proceeding of the 7th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO). 2003 Jan; p. 464-69.
- Chib R, Sandhu AS. Enhancing Routing Performance of AODV Protocol using 3rd Ordered Newton’s Difference Equation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1-9.
- Nguyen LT, Beuran R, Shinoda Y. An interference and load aware routing metric for Wireless Mesh Networks. International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing. 2011; 7(1):25-37.
- Awerbuch B, Holmer D, Rubens H. The medium time metric: high throughput route selection in multi-rate ad hoc wireless networks. Mobile Networks and Applications. 2006 Apr; 11(2):253-66.
- De Couto DSJ, Aguayo D, Bicket J, Morris R. A high-throughput path metric for multi-hop wireless routing. San Diego, California, USA: Proceedings of the 9th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking. 2003; p. 134-46.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.