Total views : 238
Design and Analysis of Lyapunov Function based Controller for DC-DC Boost Converter
Objectives: To design a control system for DC-DC boost converter based on lyapunov stability theorem that fulfills all control purposes. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A DC-DC boost converter is controlled using switching function extraction method based on lyapunov stability theorem. Switching function extraction is a proper method to control switching devices such as DC-DC converters. At first state-equations of the system are obtained from large signal averaged model of the system. After that, fundamentals of lyapunov theorem are applied to state equations that lead to the calculation of switching function by which the converter is controlled. Findings: Using the presented method in this paper based on lyapunov theorem makes the converter system remain stable in all operational conditions. Also, it is shown that using proposed system for controlling DC-DC converter; state variable tracks its reference with an acceptable response. The current controller is also compared with conventional PI controller and it is observed that lyapunov based controller operates better in many ways. By using this controller stability of the system is guaranteed and when there is a sudden change in the reference of state variable, the state variable tracks down and corresponds with the new value. Application/Improvements: This controller can be used in all kinds of DC-DC, DC-AC and other kinds of converters. It is also applicable to all switching devices such as switching power sources.
Converter, Control, DC-DC, Lyapunov, Stability.
- Usha S, Subramani C, Naidu BD, Venkatesh MSRV. Analysis of non-isolated bidirectional active clamped DC-DC converter for PV and battery integrated systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(22):1-7.
- Naidu KJ, Kittur HM. On chip DC-DC converter with high switching frequency and low ripple voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(5):1-5.
- Moghbelli H, Sabzi Sh. Analysis and simulation of Hybrid Electric Energy Storage (HEES) systems for high power applications.ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition; USA.2015. p. 1–26.
- Santhoshi B, Sundaram KM, Sivasubramanian S, Akila A.A novel multiport bidirectional dual active bridge DC-DC converter for renewable power generation systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1-8.
- Nouri T, Babaei E, Hosseini SH. A generalized ultra step-up DC–DC converter for high voltage application with design considerations. Electronic Power System Resource. 2013; 105:71–84.
- Luo P, Bai C, Zhou C, Luo M. A PWM DC-DC converter with optimum segmented output stage and current detector.Microelectronics Journal. 2015; 46(8):723–30
- Li W, Lv X, Deng Y, Liu J, He X. A review of non-isolated high step-up DC/DC converters in renewable energy applications.24th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition; China. 2009. p. 364–9.
- Alvarez-Ramirez J, Cervantes I, Espinosa-Perez GE, Maya M, Morales A. A stable design of PI control for DC-DC converters with an RHS zero. IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems. 2001; 48(1):103–6
- Tan SC, Lai YM, Tse CK, Cheung MKH. A fixed-frequency pulse width modulation based quasi-sliding-mode controller for buck converters. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronic.2005; 20(6):1379–92.
- Komurcugil H. Non-singular terminal sliding-mode control of DC–DC buck converters. Control Engineering Practice.2013; 21(3):321-32.
- Utkin V. Sliding mode control of DC/DC converters. Journal of Franklin Institute. 2013; 350(8):2146–65.
- Singh P, Purwar P. Sliding mode controller for PWM based Buck-Boost DC/DC converter as state space averaging method in continuous conduction mode. 2nd International Conference on Power, Control and Embedded Systems (ICPCES); 2012. p. 1–5.
- Kumar MP, Ponnambalam P, Sreejith SJ, Belwin Edward K, Krishnamurthy K. Comparison of fuzzy and MPC based buck converter. IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES); 2014. p.1–6.
- Foong HC, Zheng Y, Tan YK, Tan MT. Fast-transient integrated digital DC-DC converter with predictive and feed forward control. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. 2012; 59(7):1567–76.
- Wang YX, Yu DH, Chen SA, Kim YB. Robust DC/DC converter control for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell application. Journal of Power Sources. 2014; 261(4):292– 305.
- Figueres E, Garcera G, Benavent JM, Pascual M, Martinez JA. Adaptive two-loop Voltage-mode control of DC-DC switching converters. IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics.2005; 53(1):239–53.
- Yang L, Dai GD, Huang C. Improved transient response based adaptive compensation zero for DC-DC buck converter.Electrononics Letteers. 2012; 48(18):1153–4.
- Salimi M, Soltani J, Markadeh GA, Abjadi NR. Indirect output voltage regulation of DC-DC buck/boost converter operating in continuous and discontinuous conduction modes using adaptive back stepping approach. IET Power Electronics. 2013; 6(4):732–41.
- Garcera G, Figueres E, Pascual M, Benavent JM. Analysis and design of a robust average current mode control loop for parallel buck DC-DC converters to reduce line and load disturbance. Electronical Power Applied IEE Proceeding.2004; 151(4):414–24.
- Czarkowski D, Pujara P, Kazimierczuk MK. Robust stability of state-feedback control of PWM DC-DC push-pull converter.IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics. 1995; 42(1):108–11.
- Theunisse TAF, Chai JR, Sanfelice G, Heemels WPMH. Robust global stabilization of the DC-DC boost converter via hybrid control. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. 2015; 62(4):1052–61.
- Korotkov A, Piatak I. The effect from finite DC gain and gain-bandwidth of an Op-amp on pipelined analog-to-digital converter errors. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Jan; 9(4):1-4.
- Naidu KJ, Harish M, Kittur K. On chip DC-DC converter with high switching frequency and low ripple voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5): -8.
- Robert W. Fundamentals of Power Electronics. Erickson: Springer; 2011. p. 1-36.
- Fadil HE, Giri F, Guerrero JM, Tahri A. Modeling and nonlinear control of a fuel cell/super capacitor hybrid energy storage system for electric vehicles. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology. 2014; 63(7):3011–8.
- Yermekbayeva JJ, Seitzhanova KK, Uskenbayeva GA, Kulniyazova KS. Stability control system for electric locomotives KZ8A with asynchronous traction motors. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 8(32):1-37.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.