Total views : 167
The New Technique of Shunt Active Power Filter Employing Kalman Filter Estimator for Photovoltaic Grid Connected System
Background/Objectives: The field of power electronics now has evolved to encompassed green technology in its approach. In this case, PV-grid connected system is being evaluated with a new approach of shunt APF that manipulate KF technique. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Introducing new technique of reference currents generation for shunt APF using KF. Conventionally, Butterworth low-pass filter is used to filter the unwanted signal which produces time delay and high transient thus degrades the overall performance of the shut APF. Therefore, to reduce the drawbacks produce by conventional method, the proposed technique using KF estimator is proposed for generating the reference current. Results: To demonstrate the proposed system performance, the simulation has been carry-out using MATLAB/Simulink (MLS) platform. The proposed technique reduced the delay time and high transient current that occur in the conventional technique. Thus, it also improves 6% of the power factor and 1.1% improvement for the THD. Conclusion/Application: Results from the study shows that KF estimator was an alternative technique in generating the reference current for shunt APF to improve the time delay, transient current, power factor and THD of the system.
PV-Grid Connected, Kalman Filter (KF), Shunt APF.
- Akagi H. Active Harmonic Filters, Proceedings of the IEEE.2005 Dec; 93(12):2128−41.
- Peng FZ, Akagi H, Nabae A. A New Approach to Harmonic Compensation in Power Systems-A Combined System of Shunt Passive and Series Active Filters, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1990 Nov/Dec; 26(6):983−90.
- Rudnick H, Dixon J, Moran L. Delivering Clean and Pure Power, IEEE Power and Energy Magazine. 2003 Sep/Oct; 99(5):32−40.
- Peng FZ. Application Issues of Active Power Filters, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine. 1998 Sep/Oct; 4(5):21−30.
- Hyo-Ryong S, Minwon P, In-Keun Y, Byeong-Mun S.Performance Analysis and Evaluation of a Multifunctional Grid-Connected PV System using Power Hardware-intheLoop Simulation.IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition; p. 1945−48.
- Albuquerque FL, Moraes ALJ, Guimarães GC, Sanhueza SRMR, Vaz AR. Photovoltaic Solar System Connected to the Electric Power Grid Operating as Active Power Generator and Reactive Power Compensator, Solar Energy.2010 Jul; 84(7):1310−17.
- Dasgupta S, Mohan SN, Sahoo SK, Panda SK. Derivation of Instantaneous Current References for Three Phase PV Inverter Connected to Grid with Active and Reactive Power Flow Control. IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Asia; p. 1228−35.
- Indu Rani B, Saravana Ilango G, Nagamani C. Power Flow Management Algorithm for Photovoltaic Systems Feeding DC/AC Loads, Renewable Energy. 2012 Jul; 43:267−75.
- Kelesidis K, Adamidis G, Tsengenes G. Investigation of a Control Scheme based on Modified p-q Theory for Single Phase Single Stage Grid Connected PV System. International Conference in Clean Electrical Power; p. 535−40.
- Belaidi R, Haddouche A, Fathi M, Larafi MM, Chikouche A. Improvement of the Electrical Energy Quality using a Shunt Active Filter Supplied by a Photovoltaic Generator, Energy Procedia. 2011; 6:522−30.
- He C, Xie X, Yan H, Xie C, Chen G. A Novel Grid-Connected Converter with Active Power Filtering Function, Energy Procedia.2011; 12:348−54.
- Suguna R, Jalaja S, Pradeep M, Senthil Kumar R, Srikrishna Kumar S, Sugavanam KR. Transient Stability Improvement using Shunt and Series Compensators, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11).
- Gokulakrishnan R, Ramesh P, Lenin NC. Development and Implementation of Shunt Field Converter for Synchronous Motor, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(34).
- Sai Keerthi S, Somlal J. Role of PI/Fuzzy Logic Controlled Transformerless Shunt Hybrid Power Filter using 6-Switch 2-Leg Inverter to Ease Harmonics in Distribution System, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 June; 9(23).
- Tsengenes G, Adamidis G. Investigation of the behavior of a Three Phase Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System to Control Active and Reactive Power, Electric Power Systems Research. 2011 Jan; 81(1):177−84.
- Rahmani S, Hamadi A, Mendalek N, Al-Haddad K. A New Control Technique for Three-Phase Shunt Hybrid Power Filter, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2009 Aug; 56(8):2904−15.
- Asiminoaei L, Blaabjerg F, Hansen S. Detection is Key - Harmonic Detection Methods for Active Power Filter Applications, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine. 2007 Jul-Aug; 13(4):22−33.
- Changqing C, Liping W, Guohui Y. A Three-Phase Active Power Filter based on Park Transformation. International Conference in Computer Science and Education; p.1221−24.
- Pigazo A, Moreno VM, Estebanez EJ. A Recursive Park Transformation to Improve the Performance of Synchronous Reference Frame Controllers in Shunt Active Power Filters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics.2009 Sep; 24(9):2065−75.
- Nishida K, Rukonuzzaman M, Nakaoka M. Digital Control Three-Phase Shunt Active Power Filter with a New Harmonic-Current-Extraction Process. IEE Proceedings on Generation, Transmission and Distribution; 152. p.529−38.
- Zhou W, Mu L, Rui Y. A Frequency Detection Algorithm based on dq Coordinate Transformation. Asia-Pacific Conference in Power and Energy Engineering; p. 1-4.
- Suresh Y, Panda AK, Suresh M. Real-Time Implementation of Adaptive Fuzzy Hysteresis-Band Current Control Technique for Shunt Active Power Filter, IET Power Electronics. 2012 Aug; 5(7):1188−95.
- Kumar JP, Rarotra N, Maheswari U. Design and Implementation of Kalman Filter for GPS receivers, India Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25).
- Abu Hasim AS, Ibrahim Z, Talib MHN, Syed Dardin SF.Three-Phase Reference Current Generator Employing with Kalman Filter for Shunt Active Power Filter, Journal of Electrical and Engineering Technology. 2017 Jan; 12(1):151−60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.