Total views : 327
A Review: Utilization of Waste Energy to Improve the Efficiency of the Systems
Objectives: This review explores the rationale of using waste heat energy from hot exhaust gases, hot water & hot steam to improve efficiency of systems. Methods: Since the amount of non-renewable sources is limited, there is unmet need to develop systems which utilize nonrenewable sources or waste energy (reusable) sources. Energy recovery systems (i.e. heat pumps & exchangers) of waste-to-energy units represent a substantial part which utilizes waste energy to increase thermal as well as electric power of whole system. Findings: Waste water can be considered as a reusable key energy source. Because of the higher thermal efficiency, combined cycle power plants are striking options based on this technology for generation of power as compared to individual gas or steam turbine cycles. Along these lines, the ideal outline of such cycles is of incredible noteworthiness inferable from expanding fuel costs and diminishing fossil fuel assets. Improvements: As a consequence, cost of product can be optimized and environment can also be protected.
Energy Recovery Systems, Energy Conservation, Heat Exchanger, Non-Renewable Sources, Waste Energy Utilization.
- Chen HL, Dai X. editor Economic analysis of a waste water resource heat pump air-conditioning system in north China. . In:Proceedings of the sixth international conference for enhanced building operations, Shenzen,China. 2006 Nov 6–9.
- Qureshi BA, Antar MA, Zubair SM. Heat exchanger inventory cost optimization for power cycles with one feedwater heater. Energy Conversion and Management. 2014; 86:379–87.
- Kaushik SC, Reddy VS, Tyagi SK. Energy and exergy analyses of thermal power plants: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2011; 15(4):1857–72.
- Chao SY, Yang Y, Shiming D, Xinlei W. A ﬁeld study of a waste water source heat pump for domestic hot water heating. J Build Services Eng Res Technol. 2012; 1–16.
- Yaxiu GFJ. Research on the energy-saving and heat transfer performance of waste water source heat pump. APEC Conference on Low-Carbon Towns and Physical Energy Storage, Changsha, China. 2013 May 25–26. p. 376–81.
- Meggers FLH. The potential of waste water heat and exergy: decentralized high-temperature recovery with a heat pump. Energy and Buildings. 2011; 43(4):879–86.
- F. S. Sewage water:Interesting heat source for heat pumps and chillers. Zürich, Switzerland.
- Available from: Brief introduction of Heat Exchanger
- Dincer IRMA. Exergy: energy, environment and sustainable development. : Elsevier, 2013; 537 pp.
- Available from: https://www.tmeic.com/North America/204-EnergySavings WasteHeatRecovery-198.
- Kumar SCAS. Industrial Water Demand in India Challenges and Implications for Water Pricing 2011. Available from: http://www.idfc.com/pdf/report/2011/Chp-18-Industrial-Water-Demand-in-India-Challenges.pdf.
- Pandey GK, Singh AP. Energy Conservation and Efficient Data Collection in WSN-ME: A Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i17/68648.
- Hesselgreaves JE. Compact Heat Exchangers Selection, Design, and Operation, Amsterdam; New York: Pergamon. 2001.
- ECA - The Enhanced Capital Allowance, Energy Technology Criteria List,Compact Heat Exchangers, 2008 Aug 12, 2009.
- Kilkovsky B, Stehlik P, Jegla Z, Tovazhnyansky LL, Arsenyeva O, Kapustenko PO. Heat exchangers for energy recovery in waste and biomass to energy technologies – I. Energy recovery from flue gas. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2014; 64(1–2):213–23.
- Antar MA, Zubair SM. Thermoeconomic considerations in the optimum allocation of heat exchanger inventory for a power plant. Energy Conversion and Management. 2001; 42(10):1169–79.
- Alfa Laval C. [cited 2013. Oct. 10]. Available from: www.alfalaval.com/solution-finder/products/compabloc.
- Sun F, Fu L, Sun J, Zhang S. A new waste heat district heating system with combined heat and power (CHP) based on ejector heat exchangers and absorption heat pumps. Energy. 2014; 69:516–24.
- Fu LJY, Zhang SG, Xiao CL, Hu P, Di HF, Chen C. One kind of heat exchanger unit based on heat pump technology. 2008; 12–24
- Li Y, Fu L, Zhang S, Zhao X. A new type of district heating system based on distributed absorption heat pumps. Energy. 2011; 36(7):4570–6.
- Ibrahim O, Fardoun F, Younes R, Louahlia-Gualous H. Review of water-heating systems: General selection approach based on energy and environmental aspects. Building and Environment. 2014; 72:259–86.
- Hossain SN, Bari S. Waste heat recovery from the exhaust of a diesel generator using Rankine Cycle. Energy Conversion and Management. 2013; 75:141–51.
- Bai F, Zhang Z. Integration of Low-level Waste Heat Recovery and Liquefied Nature Gas Cold Energy Utilization. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2008; 16(1):95–9.
- Chua KJ, Chou SK, Yang WM, Yan J. Achieving better energy-efficient air conditioning – A review of technologies and strategies. Applied Energy. 2013; 104:87–104.
- Liu M, Yan J, Chong D, Liu J, Wang J. Thermodynamic analysis of pre-drying methods for pre-dried lignite-fired power plant. Energy. 2013; 49:107–18.
- Wang J, Zhao P, Niu X, Dai Y. Parametric analysis of a new combined cooling, heating and power system with transcritical CO2 driven by solar energy. Applied Energy. 2012; 94:58–64.
- Pouria Ahmadi ID. Thermodynamic analysis and unit. Energy Conversion and Management. 2011; 52:2296–308.
- Barzegar Avval HAP, Ghaffarizadeh AR, Saidi MH. Thermo-economic environmental multi objective optimization of a gas turbine power plant with preheater using evolutionary algorithm. International Journal of Energy Research. 2010.
- Koch C, Cziesla F, Tsatsaronis G. Optimization of combined cycle power plants using evolutionary algorithms. Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification. 2007; 46(11):1151–9.
- Bandyopadhyay S, Bera NC, Bhattacharyya S. Thermoeconomic optimization of combined cycle power plants. Energy Conversion and Management. 2001; 42(3):359–71.
- Jafari M, Salarian H, Bazrafshan J. Study on Entropy Generation of Multi-Stream Plate Fin Heat Exchanger with use of Changing Variables Thermodynamic and Fluids Flow Rate between Plates and Provide an Optimal Model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i7/8773.
- Rosen MA, Dincer I. Exergoeconomic analysis of power plants operating on various fuels. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2003; 23(6):643–58.
- Dev Anand M, Maharaja NL, Sanu Kailordson K, Prabhu N. Theoretical study and analysis on performance enhancement of a ceramic monolith heat exchanger. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(13). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i13/90564.
- Dev Anand M, Glan Devadhas G, Prabhu N, Karthikeyan T. Ceramic Monolith Heat Exchanger - A Theoretical Study and Performance Analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(13). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i13/90566.
- Basaran A, Ozgener L. Investigation of the effect of different refrigerants on performances of binary geothermal power plants. Energy Conversion and Management. 2013; 76:483–98.
- Qian JSD, Li X. editor Analysis of energy and soft dirt in an urban untreated sewage source heat pump system. Proceedings of the sixth International Conference for enhanced Building Operations, Shenzen, China. 2006 Nov 6–9.
- Qian JZJ, Sun D. Form and applicability of a new urban sewage source heat pump system with freezing latent heat collection. International Conference on Energy and Environment Technology, Guilin, Guangxi, China. 2009 Oct 16–18. p. 578–81.
- Zhao XL, Fu L, Zhang SG, Jiang Y, Lai ZL. Study of the performance of an urban original source heat pump system. Energy Conversion and Management. 2010; 51(4):765–70.
- J. Q. Optimization design of urban sewage source heat pump system with freezing latent heat collection. International Conference on Mechatronic Science, Jilin, China. 2011 Aug 19–22. p. 636–9.
- Gu YDH. The feasibility analysis of wastewater source heat pump using the urban wastewater heat. Eng Technol. 2012; 4(18):3501–4.
- Wang HWQ, Chen G. Experimental performance analysis of an improved multifunctional heat pump system. Energy Build. 2013; 62:581–9.
- Liu X, Ni L, Lau S-K, Li H. Performance analysis of a multi-functional Heat pump system in heating mode. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2013; 51(1–2):698–710.
- Liu Z, Ma L, Zhang J. Application of a heat pump system using untreated urban sewage as a heat source. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2014; 62(2):747–57.
- Liu X, Lau S-K, Li H. Optimization and analysis of a multi-functional heat pump system with air source and gray water source in heating mode. Energy and Buildings. 2014; 69:1–13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.