Total views : 214
Measuring Service Quality Dimension of Mobile Service Provider by University Student’s Perspective in Indian Scenario - A Structural Equation Model (SEM) Approach
Objectives: This study focuses on customer preference to the Mobile phone Service Providers among the University students. In a shorter span, the usage of mobile phones has a drastic increase and that emerge new technology devices to innovated, but still the process of innovation have not stopped to make the user/consumer more sophisticated. The very frequency word which we heard from the mobile service provider is the offers. Methods/Analysis: This study shows the customer preference and loyalty mobile service provider as compared to others. The data will be collected through a structured questionnaire. Random sampling method was used. Findings: Due to more customized offers, add-on services makes the subscribers to shift from one provider to another and that leads to a solid rivalry among the mobile service providers. This study is to identify the student preference on mobile services. As the result shows that in various situations and from the SERVQUAL dimensions, influencing dimension for reliability is the responsiveness and empathy dimensions in way of staff’s willingness to help, promptness, politeness which helps the service providers to meet promises on time, providing correct information to the customers. Applications /Improvement: The scope of this research is based on the mobile phone industry and telecom industry and it throws light on the customer preference of Smartphone and telecom services usage among university students. The study has some limitation. The study concentrates only on the university students in Tanjavur and Trichy. Due to time constraints it is not possible to cover vast area. So that survey has limited scope for application in wide market.
Customer Preference, Mobile Service Provider, SERVQUAL.
- The Mobile Industry in India. https://www.techinasia.com/india-mobile-industry-infographic, Date accessed: 03/08/2015.
- Looi CK, Zhang B, Chen W, Seow P, Chia G, Norris C, Soloway E. 1:1 mobile inquiry learning experience for primary science students: A study of learning effectiveness. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. 2011 Jun; 27(3):269-87.
- Robert M. Morgan, Shelby D. Hunt, the Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing. Journal of Marketing. 1994 Jul; 58(3):20-38.
- Madan Mohan Rao. Mobile Southeast Asia, Cross Roads of Innovation, 2012 Jun.
- Bobbi Kay Lewis. Social Media and Strategic Communications: Attitudes and Perceptions among College Students, 2006, p. 1-111.
- Sandhya Joshi. Service Quality in Telecom Sector - A Study of Telecom Service Providers of Chandigarh, Panchkula Andmohali. IJMMR. 2010 Dec; 1(1):90-99.
- Rajkumar Paulrajan, Harish Rajkumar. Service Quality and Customers Preference of Cellular Mobile Service Providers. Journal of Technology Management and Innovation. 2011 Feb; 6(1):38-45.
- Rekha Jain. Comparison of Privatization Processes of Telecom Services in India and Brazil, 2011 Oct.
- Leo Franklin L, Ambika S. A Comparative Study on Customer Preference of Mobile Service Providers with Selected Service Providers. International Journal of Business Quantitative Economics and Management Research. 2015 Feb; 1(9):1-20.
- Rajpurohit RCS. Consumer Preferences and Satisfaction Towards various Mobile Phone Service Providersan Exploratory Study In Jodhpur City, Rajasthan. Gurukul Business Review (GBR). 2011; 7:1-11.
- Jessy John. An analysis on the customer loyalty in telecom sector: Special reference to Bharath Sanchar Nigam limited, India. African Journal of Marketing Management. 2011 Jan; 3(1):1-5.
- Chanyut Nitikitpaiboon. Trade in Telecommunication Services in the Lao PDR, Kuniko Ogawa, and Summary of Smartphone Privacy Initiative. Innovation for a New Era through Proper Handling of User Information and Enhanced Literacy, 2012 Nov.
- Usman Yousaf. Using SERVQUAL to Measure Services Quality Dimensions of Mobile Network Operators, Perceptions of Cellular Services Subscribers. The Journal of Commerce. 2010 Oct; 2(1):1-11.
- Parasuraman A, Berry LL, Zeithaml VA. Refinement and reassessment of the SERVQUAL scale. Journal of Retailing. 1991; 67(4):420-50.
- Hair. Multivariate Data Analysis, 3rd ed, Macmillan Publishing Company, New York.1995.
- Gefen David, Straub Detmar, Boudreau, Marie-Claude. Structural Equation Modeling and Regression: Guidelines for Research Practice. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 2000 Oct; 4:1-77.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.