Total views : 271
A Study on the Importance of Celebrity for Selected Product Categories in Karnataka
Background/Objectives: Advertising is one of the promotional tools for marketers. Marketers are spending huge money on advertisement worldwide. Celebrity endorsement plays a primitive role in advertising. Celebrity endorsement creates some impact on the buying decision of any customer. In India celebrities from cinema industry and sports are endorsing various products. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Iimportance of celebrity in urban and rural purchase of various advertisements for goods and service was studied. 555 people from various walks of life from Karnataka were included in primary data collection on particular produces and service about the various advertisements endorsed by Bollywood and sports stars, the analysis performed by descriptive statistics, percentage analysis, mean, standard deviation, one-way ANOVA, and Multiple Regression. Findings: The result reviles that celebrity endorsement is indeed useful to brand recall and sales of goods and services. In India, Celebrities play a vital role in the Ad industry and create both positive as well as negative impacts on various walks of life. Applications/Improvements: The results reveal that Celebrity can make remember few products, which indicate the perception about the public this can be encouraged by the advertiser to attract. As the industry is continuously growing the advertiser has to update cordially.
Advertisement, Celebrity, Celebrity Endorsement, Rural, Urban.
- Seno D, Lukas BA. The equity effect of product endorsement by celebrities: A conceptual framework from a co-branding perspective. European Journal of Marketing. 2007; 41(1/2):121–34.
- Silvera DH, Austad B. Factors predicting the effectiveness of celebrity endorsement advertisements. European Journal of Marketing. 2004; 38(11/12):1509–26.
- Lamb CW, Hair JF, Sharma D. Carl McDaniel, MKTG., A South Asian Perspective; 2012.
- Impact of celebrity endorsement on a brand [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 10]. Available from: http://www.chillibreeze.com/articles/.
- Temperley J, Tangen D. The pinocchio factor in consumer attitudes towards celebrity endorsement: celebrity endorsement, the reebok brand, and an examination of a recent campaign. Innovative Marketing, Special Edition on Consumer Satisfaction- Global Perspective. 2006; 2(3):1–15.
- Indian rural markets are a powerful engine [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Dec 25]. Available from: http://www.rediff.com/money/interview/indias-rural-markets-are-a-powerful-economic-engine/20130711.html.
- Bhatia, TK. Advertising in rural India. Kita-Ku, Tokyo: Tokyo Press; 2000.
- Gaikwad VK. A search for the rural consumer. New opportunities in Changing Agriculture, Ahmedabad, India: CMA (IIMA); 1972. p. 127–39.
- Balakrishnan MD. Rural marketing: Myth and reality. Economic and Political Weekly. 1978 Aug; 13(34):75–80.
- Bishnoi VK, Sharma R. The impact of TV advertising on buying behavior: A comparative study of urban and rural teenagers. Journal of Management and Technology. 2009; 1(1):65–76.
- Kumar SR. Branding strategies in a changing marketing environment (Indian context). Brand Management. 2003 Sep; 11(1):48.
- Choi M-W. A study on the branded content as marketing communication media in the viewpoint of relational perspective. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(S5):116–23. 0.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS5/61606.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.