Total views : 303
The Role of Science and Education in the Formation of National Human Capital: Kazakhstani Experience
Background/Objectives: This article presents the theoretical analysis and historical development of the concept of human capital. Methods: Attempts at a comprehensive study of theoretical and applied aspects of education in the formation of national human capital, including comparative legal aspect or the science of civil procedure and educational law, had not been previously undertaken. Findings: The article has illustrated various scientific and philosophical thoughts in relation to the concept and the role of human capital in the formation and development of a national economy. The effective practice of the global leading countries in the formation of national human capital was considered and the state policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan on building human capital was described. Main factors influencing the human capital formation such as higher education were identified and also urgent problems of national higher education and science were highlighted, namely, the issues of national higher education at a time of globalization and integration; issues of formation and development of the staff scientists at universities and research institutes. Additionally, the challenges of engagement of commercial rating organizations to the education institutions, lack of the system for degreed academic staff training were discussed in this article. Applications/Improvements: This article provides evidence-based recommendations for the improvement of national science and the development of human capital.
Development, Economy, Human Capital, Higher Education, Society, The Republic of Kazakhsta.
- Altynbassov B, Saimova Sh, Tassova A. Bologna process in Kazakhstan: Economic and legal aspects. Actual Problems of Economics. 2015; 168:99-108.
- Petty W. Several Essays in Political Arithmetic, 4th ed., cor. (London: D. Browne [etc.], 1755), http://media.bloomsbury.com/rep/files/primary-source-131-william-petty-political-arithmetick.pdf Date accessed: 05.06.2015.
- Petty W. Verbum Sapienti. London: Cambridge University Press; 1899.
- Smith A. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations. Glasgow: Oxford U. Press; 1976.
- Nureev R. Human capital and the problems of its development in modern Russia. Social Sciences and Modernity. 2009; 24:5-24.
- Korchagin Yu. The general concept of human capital. 2012. http://www.lerc.ru/?part=articles&art=3&page=22. Date accessed: 05.06.2015.
- Ricardo D. The Principles of Political Economy and Taxation. London: John Murray; 1937.
- Schultz Th. Transforming traditional agriculture. New Haven CT: Yale University Press; 1964.
- Schultz Th. Investment in human capital: The role of education and of research. New York: Free Press; 1971.
- Becker G. Human capital: A theoretical and empirical analysis, with special reference to education. Chicago: University of Chicago Press; 2009.
- Nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB; 2014. http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economic-sciences/laureates/1992/becker-bio.html. Date accessed: 15.07.2015
- Ranking countries by the level of R&D spending, UNESCO Institute for Statistics; 2012. http://gtmarket.ru/ratings/research-and-development-expenditure/info
- Nesterov L, Ashirova N. National wealth and human capital. Theory of Economics. 2003; 2:25-34.
- Akysh N. Human capital is the national wealth; 2012. http://pr-hal.kz/. Date accessed: 01/07/2015.
- Suleimen M. Knowledge is the factor of human capital development; 2011. http://www.egemen.kz/. Date accessed: 03/07/ 2015.
- Korchagin Yu. Modernization of economy in Russia is impossible without the paradigm of human capital development and modernization; 2012. http://2020strategy.ru/data/2012/01/17/1214557339. Date accessed: 02/07/2015.
- Nazarbayev N. The address of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Socio-Economic Modernization as Main Vector of Development of Kazakhstan; 2012. http://www.akorda.kz/en/addresses/addresses_of_president/address-by-the-president-of-the-republic-of-kazakhstan-nursultan-nazarbayev-to-the-people-of-kazakhstan-27-01-2012_1341926486 Date accessed: 04/07/2015.
- Nazarbayev N. The address of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan: The strategy Kazakhstan-2050. The new policy of the new State; 2012. http://www.inform.kz/eng/article/2346141. Date accessed: 04/07/2015.
- Statistics of the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan/ Astana: NCOSO; 2014. http://edu.gov.kz/ru/analytics/statistika-sistemy-obrazovaniya-respub Date accessed: 04/07/2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.