Total views : 400
Economic-Mathematical Model and Mathematical Methods for Substantiating the Choice of the Company Innovation Strategy
Objectives: The study considers mathematical methods applied to strategic management. The objective of this study is to develop economic-mathematical model to justify the innovation strategy selected by a company. Methods: Based on the suggested economic-mathematical model, the study develops a decision-making methodology for selecting the innovation strategy of a company. In the course of modeling, an innovation strategy is presented as an aggregate that consists of two-element formations that include the name of the strategy and the certainty factors that determine the degree of reliability of the selected strategy. Findings: Depending on the type of the company (production focused or scientific and innovative type), innovation strategies can be split into two sub-aggregates. In each of those sub-sets, innovation strategies are ranked based on their degree of aggressiveness. The choice of the innovation strategy is founded on the production rules of fuzzy logic, where the parameters are represented by the type of the organization and by the primary metrics of the innovation strategy components. Innovation strategy is decomposed into elementary indicators in such a way that the components of the company’s innovative potential are represented by the investment, scientific and resource potentials. In turn, such categories as administrative, financial, company geopolitical and foreign economic risks are regarded as probable strategic risks of the innovative development. Economic conditions of the company are predetermined by the industry sector development indicators and by the investment attractiveness of the host region. It has been proved that the informed decisions on innovation strategy can be made relying on formalized expertise and on precision of fuzzy algorithms. Applications/Improvements: Suggested methods could be implemented employing the relevant software. The study aims to help businesses operate under the conditions of high risks and uncertainties related to the available information.
Innovative Potential, Innovation Strategy, Soft Computing, Fuzzy Logic, Business Administration.
- Stewart I, Fenn P. Strategy: the motivation for innovation. Construction innovation, 2006, 3, 173-185.
- Dobni CB. Achieving synergy between strategy and innovation: the key to value creation. Int. Journal of Business Science and Applied Management, 2010, 1, 48-58.
- Oslo Manual. (2d ed.). Moscow: Centr issledovaniy statistiki i nauki. 2010.
- Kataria S. Strategic innovation: a review and a theoretical framework: study work. http://essay.utwente.nl. http://essay.utwente.nl/62857/1/thesis_strategic_innovation_s_kataria.pdf. Date accessed: 02.02.2016.
- Capozzi MM, Horn J, Kellen A. Battle-test your innovation strategy http://www.mckinsey.com; http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/strategy-and-corporate-finance/our-insights/battle-test-your-innovation-strategy Date accessed: 03.04.2016.
- Palmer D, Kaplan S. A framework for strategy innovation. http://www.innovation-point.com. Retrieved from http://www.innovation-point.com/strategic innovation white paper.pdf. Date accessed: 05.20.2016.
- Foray D, Goddard J, Beldarrain XG, Landabaso M, McCann P, Morgan, et all. Guide to research and innovation strategies for smart specialization. Luxembourg, Publication Office of the European Union, 2012.
- Adner R. Match your innovation strategy to your innovation ecosystems. Harvard Business Review, 2006, 4, 1-11.
- Drok TE. On the approaches to the formulation and implementation of innovative development strategy. Molodoy uchyoniy, 2014, 10, 232-235.
- Ansoff I. Strategies for Diversification. Harvard Business Review, 35, 5, 113-124.
- Mescon MH, Albert M, Khedouri F. Management. New York: Harper & Row. Chicago, 15th ed., 1988.
- Wootton S, Home T. Thinking Skills for Managers. Kogan Page, 2001.
- Thompson AA, Strickland AD. Strategic Management : Concepts and Cases. 13th Edition. McGraw-Hill Irwin, 2002.
- Markova VD, Kuznecova SA. Strategic Management. Infra-M Publishing House, 2015.
- Vihanskij OS, Naumov AI. Management. Moscow: Economist, 2003.
- Trifilova AA. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Innovative Development of Enterprise. Moscow: Finansy i Statistika, 2005.
- Mylnik VV, Mylnik AV, Zubeeva EV. Investment management: textbook. Moscow, RIOR: INFRA-M, 2013.
- Kuznetsov BT. Economy and financial security of innovative activity. Moscow, YuNITI-DANA, 2014.
- Fathutdinov RA. Innovative management. Saint Petersburg, Piter, 2014.
- Cooper RG, Edgett SJ. Developing a product innovation and technology strategy for your business. Research and Technology Management, 2010, 3, 33-40.
- Chushenko V. Approach to defining the concept and structure of innovative potential of region. The Russian Academic Journal, 2014, 3, 46-48.
- Tukkel IL, Surina AV, Kultin NB. Management of innovative projects. Saint Petersburg, BHV-Peterburg, 2014.
- Avdeeva IL, Baranovskaja IA, Jakovleva NA. Formation of favorable investment climate in municipalities. OrelGIJeT, 2012, 3, 93-97.
- Poretskova KV. Classification of innovative strategy of the industrial enterprise/ http://www.science-education.ru. http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=9031. Date accessed: 25.02.2016.
- Skovorodko AA. Approaches to classification of innovative strategy of development of the enterprise. http://do.gendocs.ru. http://do.gendocs.ru/docs/index-291056.html. Date accessed: 12.02.2016.
- Agarkov SA, Kuznetsov ES, Gryaznova MO. Innovative management and public innovative policy. Moscow, Academy of Natural Sciences, 2011.
- Ilyenkova SD. Innovative management: textbook. Moscow, Unity, 2007.
- Butakova MM. Economic forecasting: methods and techniques of practical calculations: a tutorial. Moscow, KNORUS, 2010.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.