Total views : 508
Maternity Protection in the Republic of Kazakhstan and Abroad: Comparative Legal Analysis
Background/Objectives: The article provides a comparative analysis of legal regulation of maternity protection in Kazakhstan, Russia and best practices of the developed European countries, highlighting the gaps in the relevant national legislation which currently remains a pressing issue. Methods: The methodological basis of the research is formed by a general dialectical method of obtaining knowledge on the system of general and natural laws, society and the state; scientific methods – analysis and synthesis, induction and deduction, historical and logical methods; specific scientific methods – system analysis, logic, comparative, statistical and other methods. Conducting this study, the authors also applied statistical and comparative methods, the methods of system and correlation analysis. Findings: The research involved studying current legislation, standards, monographs and scientific articles related to the theme of the paper. According to the analysis of Kazakh and Russian legislation on maternity protection, there is a current development of this field, motherhood being a fundamental factor of raising healthy children. Nevertheless, the measures taken appear to be insufficient. The example of the developed countries, especially France and Scandinavian countries, demonstrates that mothers should receive full support (social, financial, and economic). Application/Improvements: The authors concluded that maternity protection in the Republic of Kazakhstan should be comprehensive, and it should imply adoption and implementation of the state programs promoting motherhood, comprehensive social support for mothers, as well as introduce the practice of shared childcare by both parents, taking into consideration gender balance and socio-economic status of mothers.
Benefits, Gender Balance, Maternity Protection, Social Protection, Social Rights, Welfare.
- Rybakova EO. Procedural and Institutional Grounds of the Soviet Health Care System. Author’s abstract of a doctor thesis in law. Saratov, 2010.
- Golubev AA. Legal Regulation of National Health Care in 1917-1941. Author’s abstract of a candidate thesis in law. Moscow, 2010.
- Krasnova VY. Policy of Russian State in the Field of Childhood Protection: Organizational, Political, Institutional and Legal Aspects. Author’s abstract of a candidate thesis in political sciences. Moscow, 2004.
- Zakharova EV. Organizational and Management Grounds of Pregnant Women and Newborns Care. Candidate thesis in medical sciences. Moscow, 2005.
- Sherstneva NS. Principles of Russian Family Law. Author’s abstract of a doctor thesis in law. Moscow, 2007.
- Konovalov VA. Medical and Social Aspects of Birth Control in the Present Context. Candidate thesis in medical sciences. Ryazan, 2003.
- Sagindykova AN. Implementation Issues of Citizens’ Constitutional Right to Health Care in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Author’s abstract of a doctor thesis in law. Yekaterinburg, 1999.
- Baimoldina SM. Criminal Responsibility of Pharmaceutical Workers in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Herald of the L.N. Gumilyov ENU. 2015; 1-2:84–8.
- Baimoldina SM. Criminal Responsibility for Crimes against Life and Health. Proceedings of the international scientific-practical Conference The Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan – The Main Law of an Established State devoted to the 20th anniversary of the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Astana. 2015 Mar 27; 1. P. 380–5.
- Baimoldina SM. Organized Crime and Corruption: Findings of Criminological Sociological Research. Issue 4. Edited by Doctor of Law, Professor Lopashenko O.N. Saratov: Saratov Center for the Study of Organized Crime and Corruption; Publishing house Satellit. 2009; 180–5.
- Address of the First President of the Country N.A. Nazarbayev to People of Kazakhstan of October 10, 1997, on the Kazakhstan Development Strategy till 2030. Available from: www.adilet.zan.kz. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Presidential Decree of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 1, 2010 No. 922 The Strategic Plan of Kazakhstan Development up to 2020. Available from: www.adilet.zan.kz Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Address of the President of Kazakhstan Kazakhstan 2050 Strategy – New Policy of an Established State. Available from: http://www.inform.kz/kaz/article. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Special State Benefits in the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 5, 1999 No. 365. Available from: www.adilet.zan.kz Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Compulsory Social Insurance of April 25, 2003 No. 405. Available from: www.adilet.zan.kz. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on State Assistance to Families with Children of June 28, 2005 No. 319. Available from: www.adilet.zan.kz. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- European Union Charter of Fundamental Rights of December 7, 2000. Available from: http://eulaw.ru/treaties/charter. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Wikipedia. Ошибка! Недопустимый объект гиперссылки.. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- Krimhand V. Law on Maternity Protection in Germany. Available from: http://www.partner-inform.de/partner/detail/2013/6/302/6035/zakon-ob-ohrane-materinstva-v-germanii Date accessed: 29/04/2016.
- Social politics. Social Policy of the State as an Instrument of Family’s Social Support. International Practices of Social Policy. Available from: http://www.sociologyinweb.ru/spgs-945-5.html Date accessed: 29/04/2016.
- Korotun AV. Mechanisms of Social and Legal Maternity and Child Protection in Modern Russia. Pedagogical Education in Russia. 2014; 10:197–204.
- Federal Law No. 81-FZ On State Benefits for Citizens with Children. Available from: www.consultant.ru Date accessed: 29/04/2016.
- Federal Law No. 256-FZ of December 29, 2006 On Additional Measures of State Support for Families with Children. Available from: www.consultant.ru Date accessed: 29/04/2016.
- Federal Law of December 01, 2014 No. 384-FZ. Available from: www.consultant.ru Date accessed: 29/04/2016.
- Aitken Z. The Maternal Health Outcomes of Paid Maternity Leave: A Systematic Review. Social Science and Medid 26cine. 2015 Apr; 130:32–41.
- KPSSU GPRK – Committee on Legal Statistics and Special Records of the Office of the General Prosecutor of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.