Total views : 279
Exploring the Possibilities for Improving the Performance of the Adapters used for Launching Multiple Small Space Vehicles on a Single Launch Vehicle
Background/Objectives: The research is aimed at determining the ways to improve the effectiveness of reconfigurable and extendable multipurpose adapters for multiple launch of small space vehicles by a launch vehicle. Methods: The structural design method is selected for studying design and constructive shape of the SSV adapters. The structural approach was used to define the principle for optimization of adapters of various constructive schemes, excluding modifications of launch vehicle used for multiple launches and enabling to extend and reduce adapter configuration with respect to a universal basic structure used for all tasks for SSV launch to be solved. Findings: To obtain quasi-optimal design and engineering parameters for the entire target set of tasks solved by the adapter, based on the structural approach we have considered design schemes of multi-purpose adapters for multiple and concurrent launching of SSVs of rod, shell, beam and platform types with side and end attachment configuration, the schemes with shock absorbers mounted in the places of adapters and MCAs installation, and scheme configuration combining adapter + small upper stage. The base and extension structures have been determined to form multi-purpose adapter with flexible and extensible design. As a result of the proposed technical solutions, weight of the adapter is reduced by 30%, configuration density is increased by 30-40 %, the number of the launched SSVs is increased, the fairing length and weight is reduced by 50%, root-mean-square amplitudes of accidental vibration decreased by 2.5-3 times, level of shock loads during SSV separation decreases by 6-10 dB, provision is made for shockless separation of SSV required lateral alignment of LV, cost reduction for ground and flight tests. Application/Improvements: Further improvement of the multi-purpose adapters is connected with the co-design of “Adapter + SSV” system, taking into account the mutual influence of design and engineering parameters of the SSV, adapter and LV used to launch them.
Adaptation, Adapter, Launch Vehicle, Launching Multiple SSVs on Single LV, Payload Fairing, Payload Area, Small Space Vehicle, Separation System, Turntable.
- Blinov VN, et al. Small space vehicles: Resource Book. Omsk: OmSTU Press; 2015.
- Blinov VN, et al. Small space vehicles: In 3 books. Book. 1. Picosatellites. Nanosatellite: Resource Book. Omsk: OmSTU Press; 2010.
- Blinov VN, et al. Small space vehicles: In 3 books. Book 2. Microsatellites: Resource Book. Omsk: OmSTU Press; 2010.
- Blinov VN, et al. Small space vehicles: In 3 books. Book 3. Minisatellites. Unified space platforms for small space vehicles: Resource Book. Omsk: OmSTU Press; 2010.
- Sadovnichy VA, Bobrovnikov SY, Blinov VN, et al. Investigations of the Space Environment aboard the Universitetsky-Tatyana and Universitetsky-Tatyana-2 Microsatellites. Solar System Research. 2011; 45(1):3–29. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1134/S0038094611010096.
- Blinov VN, et al. Adaptation of space vehicles with orbit insertion means and ground equipment when implementing single, cluster (multiple) and concurrent launches. Book 1. Adaptation of space vehicles with orbit insertion means: textbook. Omsk: OmSTU Press; 2012.
- Blinov VN, Shalay VV, et al. The studies of Small Space Vehicles Ammoniac Electrothermal Engine Units Design and Structural Layout. Modern Applied Science. 2015; 9(5). ISSN 1913-1844, E-ISSN 1913-1852. Published be canadian Center of Science and Education.
- Blinov VN, Shalay VV, et al. Design features and research of Electrothermal Microthrusters with Autonomous Heating Elements for the Purposes of Small Space Vehicle Orbital Maneuvering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27):IPL0581. ISSN (Print): 0974-6846. ISSN (Online): 0974-5645.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN. Problem statement for studying efficiency of multipurpose adapters multiple) and concurrent launches of micro-satellites based on the structural approach. Problems of developing, manufacturing and operating of aeronautical equipment. Proceedings of Scientific Conference. Omsk. 2004. p. 28–35.
- Brusov VS, Baranov SK. Flight vehicles design optimization. All-purpose access. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1989.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Mini-satellite for multiple and concurrent launching. RF Patent 2293688, IPC7 В64G 1/10, В64G 1/22, В64 G 1/44, В64G 1/64. No. 2005118258. 2005.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. All-purpose service platform for space vehicle development. Patent No. 2375267 RF, IPC B64G1/10, B64G1/22. No.2008124844/11. 2008.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Device for multiple insertion of space vehicles into orbit. RF Patent 2226482, IPC7 В64G 1/64. No. 2002115571. 2002.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Method for turntable development testing of adapter for satellite multiple launch and separation. Patent 2252902 RF, IPC7 F42B 15/00. No. 2003103269. 2003.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Adapter for multiple launch of space vehicles. RF Patent 2248310, IPC7 В64G 1/00, 1/66. No. 2002132904. 2002
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Rocket stage. RF Patent 2193994, IPC7 В64G1/22, В64G1/64. No. 2000104434. 2000.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN, et al. Adapter for multiple launch of micro-satellites. RF Patent 2260551, IPC7 В64G1/64, F42B15/00. No. 2004109765. 2004.
- Blinov VN, Ivanov NN. Payload assembly for single and multiple satellite launch. RF Patent 2293689, IPC7 В 64 G 1/22, В 64 G 1/16. No. 2005114999. 2005.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.