Total views : 369
The System of Monitoring Education Quality and Quality Assurance at the Higher Educational Establishment in Accordance with the Criteria and Standards of the Russian Association for Engineering Education
Background/Objectives: The aim of the study is to identify meaningful evaluation and approaches to building a model of the system of monitoring education quality and quality assurance at the university. Methods: The research methodology is based on a pedagogical qualimetry approach revealing a nature and characteristics of education quality, principles and methods for education monitoring, domestic and international theoretical foundations of independent evaluation of higher education quality. Findings: The international context of the changes specified by networks of agents-intermediaries Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) in the Washington Accord – an “American” model, EUR-ACE Framework Standard – a “European model”, the International Energy Agency (IEA) International organization and European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE), the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Engineer register have determined the new content for improving the quality of higher education in the activities of the Trans-Baikal State University as a supporting institution in the region. The objectives and mechanisms for the implementation of international requirements of independent quality evaluation in the supporting institution in the region indicate the search for management solutions for the study and introduction of international experience considered as a base for creating a new educational practice of monitoring of education quality and quality assurance at the university in accordance with the criteria and standards of the Russian Association for Engineering Education. Applications/Improvements: The result of the study is the model of the system of monitoring of education quality and quality assurance at the university, built on the basis of theoretical research.
Education Quality, Education Quality Assurance, Evaluation, Monitoring.
- Federal Law “On education in the Russian Federation” of December 29, 2012 No. 273-FL.
- Starostina SE, Kazachek NA. Regulatory and Methodological Changes in the System of Higher Education Quality Assurance. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences. 2015; 6 (4):140-149.
- Trapitsyn SYu. High Education Quality Monitoring. Human’s Ecology. 2009; 9:17-23
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems. Requirements. http://www.iso.org/iso/ru/catalogue_detail?csnumber=62085/. Date accessed: 12.10.15.
- Aksenova NM, Oleynikova OM. Conceptual framework of the European credit system for vocational education. Kazan pedagogical magazine. 2014; 3(104):33-46. http://elibrary.ru/contents.asp?issueid=1327663. Date accessed: 02.11.14.
- Copenhagen process. Moscow: Center for the Study of vocational education problems; 2006.
- Aalimov DI, Aniskin MV. Evaluation of qualifications: the use of the European experience. Additional Professional Education in the Country and in the World. 2014; 8(14):10-12 http://elibrary.ru/contents.asp?issueid=1387975. Date accessed: 10.10.14.
- Medvedev DN. Quality evaluation system of educational process in high school: domestic and foreign experience. Tambov University Herald. Series: Humanities. 2013; 8(125):88-95.
- Shestakova М. Foreign model of higher education quality evaluation. Human’s Ecology. 2001; 11:23-28.
- International Engineering Alliance. http://www.ieagreements.org/. Date accessed: 05.12.15.
- Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. National Center for Vocational and Public Accreditation. http://ncpa.ru/images/pdf/esg_enqa_rus.pdf. Date accessed: 02.04.15.
- Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. http://www.enqa.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ESG_2015.pdf. Date accessed: 04.12.15.
- ECTS Users’ Guide. Education and Training. http://ec.europa.eu/education/ects/users-guide/docs/ects-users-guide_en.pdf. Date accessed: 10.10.14.
- All-Union State Standard R ISO 9001-2015 Quality management systems. Requirements. Federal Agency on Technical Regulating and Metrology. http://protect.gost.ru/document.aspx?control=7&baseC=6&page=5&month=10&year=2015&search;=&id=201589. Date accessed: 01.10.15.
- Commission presents new Rethinking Education strategy. European Commission. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-12-1233_en.htm. Date accessed: 12.10.15.
- Learning Versus Teaching. eduflow. https://eduflow.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/learning-versus-teaching/. Date accessed: 09.12.15.
- Jones L. The Student-Centered Classroom. Cambridge, New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Cape Town, Singapore, Sao Paulo: Cambridge University Press; 2007.
- The CDIO Standards 2.0. Conceive Design Implement Operate. http://www.cdio.org/implementing-cdio/standards/12-cdio-standards#standard11. Date accessed: 12.12.14.
- European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education. http://enaee.eu/. Date accessed: 12.10.15.
- Accreditation.org. Engineers’ Mobility Forum 2001. http://accreditation.org/accords/engineers-mobility-forum-2001. Date accessed: 06.08.15.
- APEC Engineer Register. http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/membership/apec-engineer-register?trk=profile_certification_title. Date accessed: 05.03.14.
- Chuchalin AI, Petrovskaya TS, Kulyukina YeS (Eds.). Global CDIO Initiative. Standards: Information and Methodical Edition. Tomsk: Tomsk Polytechnic University Publishing; 2011.
- Chuchalin AI Quality of engineering education: a monograph. Tomsk: Tomsk Polytechnic University Publishing; 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.