Total views : 198
Flow and Heat Transfer Towards a Stretching Surface in a Rotating Nanofluid with Suction
This numerical study is concerned with the rotating boundary layer flow past a stretching surface with the presence of suction in a water-based nanofluid. There are three types of nanoparticles that we consider in this study, namely copper Cu, alumina Al2O3 and titania TiO2 . Similarity transformations are used to transform the governing equations corresponding to the momentum and energy equations in the form of partial differential equations into nonlinear ordinary differential equations. Later, these ordinary differential equations are solved numerically by using a shooting method which implemented in Maple software. The results for the skin friction coefficients, local Nusselt number, velocity and the temperature profiles are graphically presented through graphs for various values of the physical parameters of interest, namely rotation, suction and nanoparticle volume fraction parameters. It is revealed from the study that the presence of the suction at the boundary widen the range for which the solutions exist.
Dual Solutions, Heat Transfer, Nanofluid, Rotating Flow, Stretching Surface
- Sakiadis BC. Boundary layer behavior on continuous solid surface. AIChE Journal. 1961; 7:26–8.
- Crane L. Flow past a stretching plate. Z Angew Math Phys.1970; 21:445–7.
- Gupta P, Gupta A. Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction and blowing. The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. 1977; 55:744–6.
- Wang C. Stretching a surface in a rotating fluid. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics. 1988; 39:177–85.
- Rajeswari V, Nath G. Unsteady flow over a stretching surface in a rotating fluid. International Journal of Engineering Science. 1992; 30:747–56.
- Nazar R, Amin N, Pop I. Unsteady boundary layer flow due to a stretching surface in a rotating fluid. Mechanics Research Communications. 2004; 31:121–8.
- Kumari M, Grosan T, Pop I. Rotating flow of power-law fluids over a stretching surface. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2006; 26:11–9.
- Takhar H, Chamkha A, Nath G. Flow and heat transfer on a stretching surface in a rotating fluid with a magnetic field. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2003; 42:23–31.
- Abbas Z, Javed T, Ali N. Unsteady MHD flow and heat transfer on a stretching sheet in a rotating fluid. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2010; 41: 644–50.
- Mahmood T, Ali S, Khan M. MHD flow due to a stretching surface in rotating fluid. Journal of Mathematics. 2014; 46:39–50.
- Dieke RH. Internal Rotation of the Sun. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics. In: Goldberg L editor.Annual Review Inc. 1997; 8:297.
- Ali F, Nazar R, Arifin N, Pop I. Unsteady shrinking sheet with mass transfer in a rotating fluid. International Journal7 for Numerical Methods in Fluids. 2010; 66:1465–74.
- Hayat T, Javed T, Sajid M. Analytic solution for MHD rotating flow of a second grade fluid over a shrinking surface.Physics Letters A. 2008; 372:3264–73.
- Sajid M, Javed T, Hayat T. Mhd Rotating Flow of a Viscous Fluid over a Shrinking Surface, Nonlinear Dynamics. 2008; 51:259–65.
- Faraz N, Khan Y. Analytical solution of electrically conducted rotating flow of a second grade fluid over a shrinking surface. Ain Shams Engineering Journal. 2011; 2:221–6.
- Nadeem S, Rehman A, Mehmood R. Boundary layer flow of rotating two phase nanofluid over a stretching surface.Heat Transfer-Asian Research. 2014; 0:1–14.
- Choi S. Enhancing thermal conductivity of fluids with nanoparticles. ASME Publication. 1995; 66:99–101.
- Khan WA, Pop I. Boundary-layer flow of a nanofluid past a stretching sheet. Int Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2010; 53:2477–83.
- Makinde OD, Aziz A. Boundary layer flow of a nanofluid past a stretching sheet with a convective boundary condition. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2011; 50:1326–32.
- Bachok N, Ishak A, Pop I. Stagnation-point flow over a stretching/shrinking sheet in a nanofluid. Nanoscale Research Letters. 2011; 6:623.
- Oztop HF, Abu-Nada E. Numerical Study of Natural Convection in Partially Heated Rectangular Enclosures Filled with Nanofluids. International Journal Heat Fluid Flow. 2008; 29:1326–36.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.