Total views : 332
Design and Analysis on Initial Core for Pb‐Bı Cooled Fast Reactors using Modıfıed CANDLE Burn-up Approach
Nuclear reactor for power production which can directly consume natural Uranium has some advantages, e.g., no necessity to bult enrichment plant which may drive controversy such as in the case of Iran. CANDLE and Modified CANDLE type reactors are an example of Nuclear Power plant which can directly consume natural Uranium in its fuel cycle. In this study the preliminary analysis of start-up process of modified CANDLE burn-up scheme based long life Pb-Bi Cooled Fast Reactors has been performed. The basic strategy is to put different plutonium content in each core regions by considering its equilibrium plutonium content in each region. The system then is started as a Modified CANDLE reactor system until relatively stable cycle obtained. The calculation has been done by using SLAROM, SRAC, and FI-ITB CH1 system codes. Two dimensional multi-group diffusion and burn-up calculation has been adopted during simulation. As results, the start-up scheme of several Modified CANDLE core with power level of 1150-1350 MWt have been performed. In this case LWR plutonium is used to initiate the MCANDLE reactors. The simulation results show that the system can work well with maximum excess reactivity of 3% dk/k
Breeding, Burning, Burn-Up Level, Iterative Calculation, Plutonium Content, Shuffling Strategy.
- Sekimoto H, et al. CANDLE: The new burnup strategy. Nucl Sci and Eng. 2001; 139:1–12.
- Su’ud Z, Sekimoto H. The prospect of gas cooled fast reactors for long life reactors with natural uranium as fuel cycle input. Annals of Nuclear Energy. 2013; 54:58–66.
- Asiah AN, Su’ud Z, Aziz F, Sekimoto H. Conceptual design study of small long‐life gas cooled fast reactor with modified CANDLE burn‐up scheme. AIP Conf Proc. 2010; 1244:62–5.
- Merriyanti, et al. Preliminary design study of medium sized gas cooled fast reactor with natural uranium as fuel cycle input. AIP Conf Proc; 2010. p. 31–4.
- Su’ud Z, Sekimoto H. Design study of long-life Pb-Bi cooled fast reactor with natural uranium as fuel cycle input using modified CANDLE burn-up scheme. Int Journal of Energy Science and Technology (IJNEST). 2010; 5(4):347–68.
- Okumura K, et al. SRAC (Ver.2002). The comprehensive neutronics calculation code system. JAERI Report; 2002.
- Nakagawa M, Tsuchihashi K. SLAROM: A Code for Cell Homogenization Calculation of Fast Reactor. JAERI Report; 1984.
- Su’ud Z. 2000. FI-ITB CH1 Code: Code for fast reactor design analysis. Internal Report ITB; Indonesia.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.