Total views : 488
An Optimum Value of Dynamic Communication Performance for Midimew Connected Mesh Network
A Midimew connected Mesh Network (MMN) is a proposed hierarchical interconnection network in which numerous basic modules are interconnected in a hierarchical fashion to construct a massively parallel computer. Here, the basic module is the first level of the network which is connected by mesh network while higher level network is connected by a midimew network. In this study, we have evaluated a dynamic communication performance of a variety of MMN using the TOPAZ simulator using a deadlock free routing algorithm with uniform traffic patterns, whereby the dimension order routing and virtual cut-through flow control are used. It is found that the saturation throughput of the Virtual MMN (VMMN) is higher than that of Horizontal MMN (HMMN), Symmetric MMN (SMMN), and Tori connected mESH network (TESH).
Dynamic Communication Performance, HMMN, Massively Parallel Computer, SMMN, VMMN.
- Youyao L, Jungang H, Huimin D. A Hypercube-based Scalable Interconnection Network for Massively Parallel Computing. Journal of Computers. 2008; 3:58-65.
- Rahman MMH, Inoguchi Y, Sato Y, Horiguchi S. TTN: A High Performance Hierarchical Interconnection Network for Massively Parallel Computers. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems. 2009; E92-D(5):1062-78.
- Rahman MMH, Inoguchi Y, Sato Y, Miura Y, Horiguchi S. Dynamic Communication Performance of the TESH Network under Nonuniform Traffic Patterns. Journal of Networks. 2009; 4(10):941-51.
- Jain VK, Horiguchi S. VLSI Considerations for TESH: A New Hierarchical Interconnection Network for 3-D Integration. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 1998; 6(3):7.
- Hag AAY, Rahman MM. Hafizur, Nor RM, Sembok TMT. On Uniform Traffic Pattern of Symmetric Midimew Connected Mesh Network. Procedia Computer Science Big Data. Cloud and Computing Challenges. 2015; 50:476–81.
- Sibai F. A Two-Dimensional Low-Diameter Scalable On-Chip Network for Interconnecting Thousands of Cores. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2012; 23(2):193-1.
- Hag AAY, Rahman MM. Hafizur, Nor RM, Sembok TMT, Miura Yc, Inoguchi Yd. Uniform Traffic Patterns using Virtual Cut-Through Flow Control on VMMN. Procedia Computer Science International Conference on Computer Science and Computational Intelligence (ICCSCI 2015). 2015; 59:400-9.
- Hag AAY, Rahman MM. Hafizur, Nor RM, Sembok TMT. Dynamic Communication Performance of a Horizontal Midimew Connected Mesh Network IJACT. 2016; 8(1):3140.
- Rahman MMH, Shah A, Fukushi M, Inoguchi Y. Hierarchical Tori Connected Mesh Network. In: al BMe, editor. ICCSA 2013, Part V, LNCS 7975. Berlin Heidelberg Springer-Verlag. 2013; 197–210.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.