Total views : 250
Electromagnetics Car Suspension System
Car suspension system play important role to determine the comfort of car subject to the road profile. For mechanical car suspension system, to improve the suspension, the spring and hydraulic damper are elements that need to be studied. In this research, we change the spring in the suspension system with an electromagnetic suspension. To study the effect of electromagnetic suspension, a simple mathematical model of electromagnetic car suspension is formulated. The model is solved using analytical method. The analysis of the solution of the model are presented and interpreted.
Car Suspension, Electromagnetics, Repulsive Force.
- Clark RE, et al. Design optimization of moving-magnet actuators for reciprocating electro-mechanical systems.IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 1995; 31(6):3746–8.
- David LT, Kim W-J, Williams ME. Design and analysis framework for linear permanent-magnet machines. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1996; 32(2):371–9. Young M. The Techincal Writers Handbook. Mill Valley, CA: University Science; 1989.
- Zhu ZQ, Howe D. Magnet design considerations for electrical machines equipped with surface mounted permanents. Proc 13th Int Workshop Rate-Earth Permanent Magnets Applicat; 1994; p. 151– 60.
- Kruczek A, Stribrsky A. H∞ control of automotive active suspension with linear motor. Proceedings of the 3rd IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems; 2004.
- Jayawant BV. Electromagnetic levitation and suspension techniques. Thomson Litho Ltd; 1981.
- Hassan M. Modelling electromagnetic suspension force using measured inductance-airgao data. Electrical and Electronic Engineering. 2012; 2(2):64–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.