Total views : 337
Domain Specific Automated Triaging System for Bug Classification
The objective of this paper is to analyze and identify domain specific priority classification of bug reports. Different classification algorithms namely-Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA), Naive Bayes (NB) to predict the performance measures are used. The performance of classification algorithms are compared using bug report instances of two open source software (OSS) namely NetBeans and Eclipse is downloaded from Bugzilla bug repository. Principal Component Analysis (PCA) for feature selection, Particle Swam Optimization (PSO) for instance selection to reduce the dimension of the bug reports. The results are compared based on four performance measures i.e. Accuracy, Precision, Recall and Processing Time. Feature selection to Instance selection gives better results than Instance selection to Feature selection is the result influenced from experiment performed. This approach shows that linear Discriminant analysis performs better than Naïve Bayes classifier.
Bug Tracking System, Bug Trigging, Feature Selection, Instance Selection, Supervised Algorithms Software Testing.
- Shahabuddin SM, Prasanth Y. Integration Testing Prior to Unit Testing: A Paradigm Shift in Object Oriented Software Testing of Agile Software Engineering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i20/91223.
- Adhiselvam A, Kirubakaran E, Sukumar R. An Enhanced Approach for Software Bug Localization using Map Reduce Technique based Apriori (MRTBA) Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/86772.
- Nagwani NK, Verma S. On Studying the Effect of Sample Size in Evaluation of Bug Classifiers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jan; 6(1). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i1/30553.
- Cubranic D. Automatic bug triage using text categorization. In SEKE 2004: Proceedings of the Sixteenth International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering. 2004.
- Tian Y, Lo D, Sun C. Drone: Predicting priority of reported bugs by multi-factor analysis.
- Just S, Premraj R, Zimmermann T. Towards the next generation of bug tracking systems. In2008 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, IEEE. 2008 Sep 15; 82–5.
- Xuan J, Jiang H, Hu Y, Ren Z, Zou W, Luo Z, Wu X. Towards effective bug triage with software data reduction techniques. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2015 Jan 1; 27(1):264–80.
- Kanwal J, Maqbool O. Bug prioritization to facilitate bug report triage. Journal of Computer Science and Technology. 2012 Mar 1; 27(2):397–412.
- Herraiz I, German DM, Gonzalez-Barahona JM, Robles G. Towards a simplification of the bug report form in eclipse. In Proceedings of the 2008 international working conference on Mining software repositories, ACM. 2008 May 10; 145–8.
- Sharma G. bug severity classification using machine learning, Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab, India, ME Thesis. 2015.
- Alenezi M, Magel K, Banitaan S. Efficient bug triaging using text mining. Journal of Software. 2013 Jan 9; 8(9):2185–90.
- Anvik J. Assisting bug report triage through recommendation (Doctoral dissertation, University of British Columbia).
- Shivaji S, Whitehead JE, Akella R, Kim S. Reducing features to improve bug prediction. In Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, IEEE Computer Society. 2009 Nov 16. p. 600–4.
- Olvera-Lopez JA, Carrasco-Ochoa JA, Martinez-Trinidad JF, Kittler J. A review of instance selection methods. Artificial Intelligence Review. 2010 Aug 1; 34(2):133–43.
- Xuan J, Jiang H, Ren Z, Zou W. Developer prioritization in bug repositories. In2012 34th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), IEEE. 2012 Jun 2. p. 25–35.
- Biricik G, Diri B, Sonmez AC. Abstract feature extraction for text classification. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences. 2012; 20(1):1137–59.
- Javed MY, Mohsin H. An Automated Approach for Software Bug Classification. 2012 Sixth International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), IEEE. 2012 Jul 4. p. 414–9.
- Lamkanfi A, Perez J, Demeyer S. The eclipse and mozilla defect tracking dataset: a genuine dataset for mining bug information. In Proceedings of the 10th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories, IEEE Press. 2013 May 18. p. 203–6.
- Banitaan S, Alenezi M. Tram: An approach for assigning bug reports using their metadata. 2013 Third International Conference on Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT), IEEE. 2013 Jun 19. p. 215–9.
- Goyal N, Aggarwal N, Dutta M. A Novel Way of Assigning Software Bug Priority Using Supervised Classification on Clustered Bugs Data. In Advances in Intelligent Informatics, Springer International Publishing. 2015; 493–501.
- Sharma G, Sharma S, Gujral S. A Novel Way of Assessing Software Bug Severity Using Dictionary of Critical Terms. Procedia Computer Science. 2015 Dec 31; 70:632–9.
- Bugzilla. Available from: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ [Last Access-6/21/2015].
- Lamkanfi A, Demeyer S, Soetens QD, Verdonck T. Comparing mining algorithms for predicting the severity of a reported bug. 2011 15th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR), IEEE. 2011 Mar 1. p. 249–58.
- Ramadan RM, Abdel-Kader RF. Face recognition using particle swarm optimization-based selected features. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. 2009; 2(2):51–65.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.