Total views : 67
Prime Labeling of Rough Approximations for Some Special Graphs
Background/Objectives: Rough set theory proposed a new mathematical approach to vagueness or imperfect knowledge. It is the learning of approximations of concepts represented by lower and upper approximations which is being attracted by many researchers. The current study is a combination of rough sets approximation and graph labeling. Methods/Analysis: Many researchers have studied prime graph. Here we combine rough approximations with prime labeling under the name of H-prime labeling on graph G. Findings: The current work is to prove that the induced sub graph obtained by the upper approximation of any sub graph H of a friendship graph Fn, bistar graph Bn,n and splitting graph of a star graph 'S' ' graph admits prime labeling. The various applications between rough sets and graph labeling are chemical classification, decision analysis, knowledge acquisition, machine learning, job assignment etc.
Bistar Graph, Friendship Graph, Lower and Upper Approximation, Prime Labeling, Rough Set, Splitting Graph.
- Harary F. Graph Theory. Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley, Reading. 1972. PMid: 4261464. PMid:4261464
- Gallian JA. Dynamic survey of graph labeling. Electronic Journal of Combinatrics DS61-58. (2007 Jan.
- Ashokkumar S, Maragathavalli S. Prime labeling of some special graphs. IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM); 2015 Jan-Feb; 11(1):01–5.
- Radwan AE, Nayle MS, Nazir AI. New Rough sets properties on graph theory. Int Journal Contemp Math Sciences. 2012; 7(25):1217–32.
- Shokry M. Fuzzy and rough approximations operations on graphs. IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR- JM). 2015 May–Jun; 11(3):66–72.
- Biswal S, Mohanty SP. Minimum spanning tree with rough weights. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013 May; 71(12):27–32. Crossref
- Dhanalakshmi S, Parvathi N. Lower and upper approximation H-graceful for some classes of graphs. GJPAM. 2016; 12:176–80.
- Dhanalakshmi S, Parvathi N. Even graceful labeling of rough approximations for Pn and star related graphs. IJPAM. 2017; 114(6):31– 40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.