Total views : 244
Distributed Generation Operation in Micro-Grid by using Smart Distribution Systems
Objectives: This paper proposes a concept of micro-grid under smart distribution environment conditions with distributed generation resources like solar, wind and fuel etc. Methods: In present scenario, the importance of distribution sources is very high for maintaining the system reliability and also for providing backup generation under islanding condition and also as well as in grid-connected conditions. Findings: For meeting these limitations this paper proposes a new control structure called power-voltage- current controller. Basically, the main aim of these controller is to provide flexible and robust distributed generation operation control characteristics such as (a) control of active/reactive power (PQ) and dynamic power/voltage (PV) in grid connected mode. (b) To provide regulated power under micro-grid. (c) For providing smooth transients between islanding and grid-connected modes and (4) finally, this controller also concentrates on reduction of distortions/harmonics in proposed system which is caused by heavily non-linear loading conditions. Applications: The proposed architecture is greatly beneficial for practical implementation of standalone and Islanded hybrid systems.
Diesel Plant, Micro-grid, Islanding Mode, Power Quality, Solar System, Wind System.
- Kumar PV, Suresh A, Rashmi MR. Optimal design of fused chopper based stand-alone hybrid wind solar system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1–6.
- Srinivasarao B, Sreenivasan G, Sharma S. Comparison of facts controller for power quality problems in power system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(31):1–4.
- Moslehi K, Kumar R. A reliability perspective of smart grid. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2010 Jun; 1(1):57–64.
- Heydt GT. The next generation of power distribution systems. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid. 2010 Nov; 1(3):225–35.
- Timbus A, Liserre M, Teodorescu R, Rodriquez P, Blaabjerg F. Evaluation of current controllers for distributed power generation systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2009 Mar; 24(3):654–64.
- Guerrero JM, Vasquez JC, Matas J, Vicuna K, Castilla M. Hierarchical control of droop-controlled AC and DC microgrids - A general approach towards standardization. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011 Jan; 58(1):158–72.
- Liserre M, Teodorescu R, Blaabjerg F. Multiple harmonics control for three-phase grid converter systems with the use of PI-RES current controller in a rotating frame. IEEE Transactions on Power Electron. 2006 May; 21(3):836–41.
- Mohamed YARI. Mitigation of dynamic, unbalanced and harmonic voltage disturbances using grid-connected inverters with LCL filter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011 Sep; 58(9):3914–24.
- Ezhilarasan S, Palanivel P, Sambath S. Design and development of energy management system for DG source allocation in a micro grid with energy storage system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–9.
- Twinning HDG. Grid current regulation of a three phase voltage source inverter with an LCL input filter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electron. 2003 May; 18(3):888–95.
- De D, Ramanarayanan V. Decentralized parallel operation of inverters sharing unbalanced and nonlinear loads. IEEE Transacctions on Power Electron. 2010 Dec; 25(12):3015–22.
- Rrezvani F, Mozafari B, Faghihi F. Power quality analysis for photovoltaic system considering unbalanced voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–7.
- Yao Z, Xiao L, Yan Y. Seamless transfer of single-phase grid interactive inverters between grid connected and stand-alone modes. IEEE Transactions on Power Electron. 2010 Jun; 25(6):1597–603.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.