Total views : 269
Analytical Study of an Improved Cluster based Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: To analyze the homogeneous protocols like Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy (LEACH), Improved Energy Balanced Routing Protocol (IEBRP) and some of the heterogeneous protocols like Distributed Energy Efficient Clustering (DEEC) and Modified Stable Election Protocol (M-SEP). Methods/Statistical Analysis: We focus on the different levels of energy such as single energy level (LEACH, IEBRP), Distributed Energy Level (DEEC) and multi energy level (M-SEP). Later we compare the algorithms of design of LEACH, IEBRP, DEEC and M-SEP protocol too. Finally we simulate all the four protocols using C platform and calculated the lifetime of sensor networks with the help of four new matrices: First Node Died (FND), Some Node Died (SND), Half Node Died (HND) and Last Node Died (LND). Findings: Finding out the best suited path from sensor node to sink and calculating the efficiency with respect to different routing protocols determines that M-SEP is more efficient than other three routing protocols. M-SEP has more alive nodes with respect to number of rounds. Application/Improvements: Simulating all the matrices with respect to different parameters result reveals that M-SEP performs 22%, 40% and 55% respectively longer than LEACH, IEBRP and DEEC. It also increases the lifetime, no of data packet send to the BS and data transmission rate, other than three routing protocols.
Clustering, Homogeneous, Heterogeneous, Network Life Time, Wireless Sensor Network.
- Ali AF, Ismail SF. Performance analysis of variable energy levels of clustering protocols for wireless sensor network. International Journal of Computer Science. 2013; 10(2):453–61.
- Xuefeng P, Wuhan W. Design of an energy balanced based routing protocol for WSN. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Sensor Network; 2013.
- Yang Q. An multi-hop cluster based routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Journal of Convergence Information Technology. 2011; 6(1):318–325.
- Smaragdakis G, Matta I. SEP: A stable election protocol for clustered heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. Technical Report BUCS-TR-2004-022. Boston University Computer Science Department; 2004. p. 1–11.
- Lan Y. An energy balanced clustering routing protocol in WSN. IEEE Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System. 2009; 9(2):283–6.
- Singh DB, Pattanayak B, Panda CK. Analysis of an improved energy balanced routing protocol for wireless sensor network. IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, ICCSP; 2016. p. 8–13.
- Rana J, Vhaktar S. Comparative study of PEGASIS and PDCH protocols in wireless sensor network. IJCA. 2015.
- Ren F, Zhang J, He T, Lin C, Sajal K, Das K. EBRP: Energy-balanced routing protocol for data gathering in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2011; 22(12):2108–25.
- Lan. An energy balanced clustering Routing Protocol in WSN. IEEE Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System. 2009; 9(2):283–6.
- Aderohunmu FA, Deng JD. An enhanced Stable Election Protocol (SEP) for clustered heterogeneous WSN. New Zealand: Department of Information Science, University of Otago; 2002.
- Janani ESV, Ganeshkumar P. Compliant data-centric network processing for energy economic data collection in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):1–7.
- Ye M, Li C, Chen G, Wu J. EECS, an energy efficient cluster scheme in wireless sensor networks. IEEE International Workshop on Strategies for Energy Efficiency in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (IEEE IWSEEASN); Phoenix, Arizona, china. 2005.
- Handy MJ, Haase M, Timmermann D. Low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy with deterministic cluster-head selection. IEEE 4th International Workshop on Mobile and Wireless Communication Network; Germany. 2002. p. 368–72.
- Singh D, Pattanayak B, Panda CK. Analysis of an improved energy balanced routing protocol for wireless sensor network. IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing; 2016. p. 8–13.
- Jing Y, Zetao L, Yi L. An improved routing algorithm based on LEACH for wireless sensor networks. IEEE 25th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC); 2013.
- Karl H, Willig A. Protocols and architecture for wireless sensor networks. Wiley; 2005.
- Singh DB, Panda CK. Performance and analysis of modified stable election protocol in heterogeneous WSN. IEEE International Conference on EESCO; 2015. p. 9–16.
- Rault T, Bouabdallah A, Challal Y. Energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks. A top-down survey. Computer Networks. 2014; 67:104–22.
- Sengaliappan M, Marimuthu A. Joint congestion control and packet scheduling in wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8):1–12.
- Kiruthika B, Ezhilarasie R, Umamakeswari A. Implementation of modified RC4 algorithm for wireless sensor networks on CC2431. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):1–9.
- Abinaya S, Ezhilarasie R, Umamakeswari A. Efficient and secure hierarchical key management scheme for wireless sensor networks using QR decomposition scheme. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):1–7.
- Khosravi DK, Ghaffari A. New clustering protocol to decrease probability failure nodes and increasing the lifetime in WSNs. International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology. 2010; 2(2):117–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.