Total views : 248
Study of Slotted Array Waveguide with High Peak Gain Antenna for Data Communication
Objectives: This article manifests a study of high peak gain of a slotted array waveguide antenna. At first, two similar slot lengths 2-elements shunt slotted array antenna structures (i.e. Case-1) and two dissimilar slot lengths 2-elements shunt slotted array antenna structures (i.e. Case-2) are designed one by one. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The Multiple Cavity Modeling Technique (MCMT) has been applied in both cases of structural antennas. The scattering parameters (i.e. |S11| and |S21|) data have been computed for both cases of 2-element shunt slotted array antenna. The MCMT |S11| and |S21| data graphs have been compared with Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) simulated data graphs. Comparison results signify that a slight difference between computed and simulated data. Findings: Subsequently, the HFSS simulated gains total of the both cases of design structures antenna are obtained. The outcome found in 2-element shunt slotted array with similar slot length gains higher total rather than dissimilar slot length 2-element shunt slotted array antenna. In order to achieve further increases in gain a 2-elements lotted array antenna up to optimal point was extended up to seven slots. Analysis was done to compare the results with theoretical and simulated HFSS results. Application /Improvement: The antenna finds its application in high speed data communication system in the area of aircraft.
Multiple Cavity Modeling Technique (MCMT), Peak Gain, Slot Array, Scattering Parameters, Waveguide
- Jha HR, Singh SN. Study of scattering parameters and gain of two longitudinal slots of same electrical lengths milled on two waveguides for series and shunt slot array planar antenna. Bonfring International Journal of Research in Communication Engineering; 2015 Oct; 5(3):12–21.
- Kataria SKD. Microwave and Radar Engineering. 1st edn. 2016; p. 59–149.
- Mazzarella G, Panareallo G. On the evaluation of mutual coupling between slots. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1987; 35(11):1289–93.
- Rengarajan SR, Gabrelian E. Efficient and accurate evaluation of external mutual coupling between broad wall compound slots. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1992; 40(6):733–7.
- Gayen RK, Das S. Resonance and parametric analysis of planar broad-wall longitudinal slot array antennas. Bonfring International Journal of Research in Communication Engineering. 2012 Dec; 2(3):13–20.
- Gayen RK, Das S. A high-gain broad-band waveguide longitudinal slot array antenna. Progress in Electromagnetics Research C. 2013; 44:239–49.
- Jha HR, Singh SN. Design and analysis of waveguide-fed broad-wall longitudinal log periodic slotted array antenna for 8.2 ~ 11.11 GHz frequency applications. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science.2014 Nov; 1(6):15–24.
- Anand H, Kumar A. Design of frequency-reconfigurable microstrip patch antenna. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(22):1–4.
- Rameswarudu ES, Sridevi PV. A Novel triple band planar microstrip patch antenna with defected ground structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1– 5.
- Kouemou G. Radar Technology; 2009. p. 339.
- Elliot RS. An improved design procedure for small arrays of shunt slots. IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation. 1983 Jan; 31(1):48–53.
- Elliot RS, Loughlin OWR. The design of slot arrays including internal mutual coupling. IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation. 1986 Sep; 34(9):1149–54.
- Elliot RS, Lo YT. The design of waveguide-fed slot arrays. Antenna Handbook. Chapter 12, Lee SW, editor, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York; 1993.
- Farrall AJ, Young PR. Integrated waveguide slot antennas. Electronics Letters. 2004; 40(16):974–75.
- Kachhia J, Patel A, Vala A, Patel R, Mahant K. Logarithmic slots antennas using substrate integrated waveguide. International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology. 2015:11.
- Das S. Analysis of rectangular waveguide based passive devices and antennas using multiple cavity modeling technique. PhD Dissertation, Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, India. 2007; 5(8):909–20.
- Harrington RF. Field computation by moment methods. Krieger Publishing Company: USA; 1993. p. 5–7.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory analysis design. INC. Publication; 2005. p. 28–32.
- Jha HR, Singh SN. Study of scattering parameters and gain of two longitudinal slots of same or different electrical lengths milled on a single waveguide for series and shunt slot array antenna. International Conference on Microwave, Optical and Communication Engineering, IIT Bhubaneswar; 2015 Dec. p. 280–3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.