Total views : 307
A Survey on Ontology System in Semantic Web using Intelligent Techniques
Objectives: The current study provides how the web data can be analysed effectively using some intelligent techniques. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Information retrieval among the web is not quite easy as the data is big. Semantic web enables to search the content of web in ease. One of the goals of Semantic Web search is to incorporate most of the knowledge of a domain in an ontology that can be shared by many applications. Ontologies provide hierarchal taxonomies of information of a particular domain with concepts based classes, attributes, and the relationships between concepts. Findings: The ontology provides better way to represent the data and information as it is specified based on the conceptualization. Also applying some intelligent techniques like rough set, fuzzy set, formal concept analysis and case-based representation still improves the efficiency of representing and analysing the ontology under various categories.
Case Representation, Formal Concept Analysis, Ontology, Rough Set, Semantic Web.
- Albert R, Jeong H, Barabási AL. Internet: Diameter of the world-wide web. Nature. 1999 Sep 9; 401(6749):130–1.
- Berners-Lee T, Fischetti M. Weaving the web: The original design and ultimate destiny of the World wide web by its inventor. HarperInformation; 2000 May.
- Lawrence S, Giles CL. Searching the world wide web. Science. 1998 Apr; 280(5360):98–100.
- Internet society [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Aug 25]. Available from: http://www.internetsociety.org.
- Gruber TR. A translation approach to portable ontology specifications. Knowledge Acquisition. 1993 Jun; 5(2):199–220.
- Khusro S, Jabeen F, Mashwani SR, Alam I. Linked open data: towards the realization of semantic web-a review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jun; 7(6):745.
- Berners-Lee T, Hendler J, Lassila O. The semantic web. Scientific American. 2001 May 17; 284(5):28–37.
- Bhatia MP, Kumar A, Beniwal R. Ontologies for Software Engineering: Past, present and future. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9):1–21.
- Berners-Lee T, Cailliau R, Groff JF, Pollermann B. World-wide web: The information universe. Internet Research. 2010 Aug; 20(4):461–71.
- Shadbolt N, Berners-Lee T, Hall W. The semantic web revisited. IEEE Intelligent Systems. 2006 Jan; 21(3):96–101.
- Pawlak Z. Rough sets. International Journal of Computer and Information Sciences. 1982 Oct; 11(5):341–56.
- Srimani PK, Koti MS. Knowledge discovery in medical data by using rough set rule induction algorithms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jul; 7(7):905.
- Yasodha P, Ananthanarayanan NR. Analysing big data to build knowledge based system for early detection of ovarian cancer. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):12–14.
- Zhang RL, Xu HS. Building the ontology system in semantic web based on formal concept analysis and rough set. Journal of Convergence Information Technology. 2011; 6(7):1–12.
- Wille R. Formal concept analysis as mathematical theory of concepts and concept hierarchies. Formal concept analysis, Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2005. p. 1–33.
- Tripathy BK, Acharjya DP, Cynthya V. A framework for intelligent medical diagnosis using rough set with formal concept analysis. 2013; 2(2):22.
- Hu J, Li ZL, Guan C. A method of rough ontology-based information retrieval. IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, China; 2008. p. 296–99.
- Chen Q, Xiang Y, Guo X, Wei W. Survey on ontology-based case representation using rough-set. International Conference on Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering. 2010; 1:301–4.
- Kolodner JL. An introduction to case-based reasoning. Artificial Intelligence Review. 1992 Mar; 6(1):3–4.
- Bergmann R, Kolodner J, Plaza E. Representation in case-based reasoning. The Knowledge Engineering Review. 2005 Sep; 20(03):209–13.
- Wang D, Xiang Y, Zou G, Zhang B. Research on ontology-based case indexing in cbr. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computational Intelligence, AICI'09. Springer-Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg. 2009; 4:238–41.
- Bazan J, Nguyen HS, Szczuka M. A view on rough set concept approximations. Fundamenta Informaticae. 2004 Jan; 59(2–3):107–18.
- Hoa NS, Son NH. Improving rough classifiers using concept ontology. Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2005. p. 312–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.