Total views : 227
Phased-MIMO Radar for Improvement in Target Detection
Objective: Advancement in radar technology is moved from single antenna based system to multiple antenna system. From the viewpoint of the radar performance improvement, analysis of low Radar Cross Section (RCS) target detectability in rich scattering environment is utmost important. Methods: From the perspective of the advancement of the radar signal processing, phased array radar and MIMO radar have been already explored. This paper deals with the phased-MIMO radar, exploiting coherence signal processing gain and waveform diversity. Joint combination of coherency and diversity will improve the radar performance. Improvements: This paper deals with the analysis on the trade-off between the coherency and spatial diversity. The superiority of phased-MIMO radar, over other two systems, has been presented with respect to some selected parameters as in this paper.
False Alarm, MIMO, Probability of Detection, RCS, Radar.
- Hassanien A, Vorobyov SA. Phased-MIMO radar: A tradeoff between phased-array and MIMO radars. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2010; 58(6):3137-51.
- Haykin S, Litva J, Shepherd TJ. Radar Array Processing. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1993.
- Levanon N. Radar Principles. 1st ed. New York: Wiley; 1988.
- Fishler E, Haimovich A, Blum RS, Cimini LJ, Chizhik D, Valenzuela RA. Spatial Diversity in Radars-Models and Detection Performance. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2006; 54(3):823-38.
- Skolnik M. Introduction to Radar Systems, 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2002.
- Lehmann N, Haimovich FA, Blum R, Chizhik D, Cimini L, Valenzuela R. Evaluation of transmit diversity in MIMO radar direction finding. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 2007; 55(5):2215–25.
- Li J, Stoica P. MIMO radar with colocated antennas. IEEE Signal Process Mag. 2007; 24:106–14.
- Bekkerman I, Tabrikian J. Target detection and localization using MIMO radars and sonars. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 2006; 54(10):3873–83.
- Wang WQ, Shao H. A flexible phased-MIMO array antenna with transmit beamforming. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation. 2012; 1-10.
- Fishler E, Haimovich A, Blum R, Chizhik D, Cimini L, Valenzuela R. MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come. IEEE Radar Conference; 2004. p. 71–8.
- Sen S, Nehorai A. OFDM MIMO radar with mutual information waveform design for low-grazing angle tracking. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2010; 58:3152–62.
- Saraswathi B, Lekshmi K, Raglend IJ. A Vivaldi antenna for X-band phased array radar. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(35):1-7.
- Trees HLV. Detection an Estimation and Modulation Theory. New York: Wiley; 1968.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.