Total views : 193
Power Substation Location Selection and OptimumFeeder Routing using GIS: A Case Studyfrom Bihar (India)
Objectives: To find the existing location of load points and substation. The load points need to be divided into different clusters with substation location for each. It is intended to find the optimum route of transmission line with load flow analysis to justify the work. Method/Analysis: Geographical Information System (GIS) platform can be used to locate the load points in terms of coordinates (Longitude and latitude). Soft computing based clustering algorithm can be used to divide the load points into different clusters with suitable optimum location of each substation. GIS software can be used for finding possible shortest route of transmission line. For load flow analysis Newton raphson can act as an effective tool. Findings: The proposed methodology will help power system planners to make a complete solution of planning problems from optimizing the location of substation to load flow analysis. The method proposed can replace the traditional way of planning by mathematical calculations. Use of GIS will help to consider all the geographic impacts. Novelty/Improvement: GIS software use in power system planning will give planners a new and efficient way of planning. The method will reduce man-machine effort.
Clustering, Geographical Information System, Load Flow Optimum Substation Location, Optimum Feeder Routing.
- Yeh EC, Sumic Z, Venkata SS. APR: A geographic information system based primary router for underground residential distribution design. IEEE Proceedings of the Power Engineering Society Transmission and Distribution Conference; 1994 Apr 10-15. p. 53-9.
- Trussell LV. GIS based Distribution Simulation and Analysis. IEEE USA: Stoner Associates; 2001 Jun.
- Fleeman P. GIS based Modeling of Electricity Networks. England: Midlands Electricity plc; 1997 Jun.
- Raghav SPS, Sinha JK. Electrical network mapping and consumer indexing using GIS. UPCL; Dehradun. 2015.
- Monteiro C, Ramirez-rosado IJ. Compromise seeking for power line path selection based on economic and environmental corridors. Power System Transaction. 2005 Aug; 20(3):1422-30.
- Wang C, Wang S. The automatic routing system of urban mid-voltage distribution network based on spatial GIS. International Conference on Power System Technology; 2004 Nov 21-24. p. 1827-32.
- Manoja CL, Kumari DA. Geographical location based hierarchical routing strategy for WSN using movable routers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1-5.
- Yadav A, Yadav D. Wavelet tree based hybrid geo-textual indexing technique for geographical search. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33);1-7.
- Atif I, Mahboob MA, Waheed A. Spatio-temporal mapping and multi-sector damage assessment of flood in Pakistan using remote sensing and GIS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1-11.
- Shah M, Nair S. A survey of data mining clustering algorithms. International Journal of Computer Application. 2015 Oct; 128(1):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.