Total views : 423
A Novel Approach to Paraphrase Hindi Sentences using Natural Language Processing
Background/Objectives: Nowadays, most of the automatic work has been done in English language but not much work has been done in Hindi language. The main objective is to convert the existing sentence in different form by remaining the semantic or meaning same. This will helpful in converting the complex sentence into simpler one.Methods/Statistical Analysis:Our system mainly deals with Hindi Sentences and its different forms. It takes a sentence as input and produces another sentence without changing its semantic after applying synonyms and antonyms replacement method.Findings:Reframing of Hindi sentences can be used to change a complex sentence in simplified form.The system is implemented in java. WampServer is used as database for our system. In our paper, we have described complete algorithm to paraphrase the sentences. The performance of the system is totally dependent on the size of Database. Application/Improvements:This application can be helpful in designing robots to understand different forms of Hindi sentences, to use as Hindi tutor for students to get them idea about different form of sentences and in plagiarism tools to find the higher level of plagiarized text up to certain extent. The test results have been verified by various tutors.
Antonyms, Paraphrase, Parsing, Synonyms, Transliteration.
- Patterson DW. Introduction to AI andexpert systems. Prentice Hall; 1990.
- Knight R. Artificial intelligence. 3rd edition. Tata McGraw Hill; 2009.
- Ginger Software [Internet].[Cited 2016 Jan 15]. Available from: http://www.gingersoftware.com/products/sentence-rephraser.
- Bollman B, Marcel M. Adapting Simplenlg to German.Proceedings of the 13th European Workshop on Natural Language Generation (ENLG-11); 2011.p. 133–8
- Lin D, Pantel P. DIRT – Discovery of Inference Rules from Text.Proceedings ofACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discoveryand Data Mining;2001.p. 323–8.
- KumaranA, KhapraM, Bhattacharyya P.Compositional machine transliteration. ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing.2010; 9(4):1–29.
- Urvashi G,Maulik GV. Maulik: A plagiarism detection tool for Hindi documents. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Mar; 9(12):1–11.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/86631.
- Leena J, Prateek A.Text independent root word identification in Hindi language using natural language processing.International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms. 2015;7(3/4):240–9.
- Keyboard [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Feb 19]. Available from: http://www.baraha.com/help/Keyboards/dev_phonetic.html.
- Haque R, Dandapat S, SrivastavaAK, NaskarSK. English-Hindi transliteration using context-informed PB-SMT: the DCU System for NEWS 2009.NEWS ‘09 Proceedings of the 2009 Named Entities Workshop: Shared Task on Transliteration; 2009.p. 104–7.
- Synonym List[Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 01]. Available from: http://hindilearner.com/hindi_words_phrases/hindi_synonyms.html.
- Synonym List[Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 01]. Available from: http://www.hindigrammaronline.com/2013/02/hindi-synonyms.html.
- Antonym List[Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 21]. Available from: http://www.englishkitab.com/Vocabulary/Antonyms/Antonyms-2.html.
- Antonym List[Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 21]. Available from: http://www.hindikunj.com/2009/11/antonyms-in-hindi.html.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.