Total views : 387
An Optimal Load Balancing Technique for Cloud Computing Environment using Bat Algorithm
Background/Objectives: In this research, load balancing algorithm based on Bat Algorithm is implemented to achieve the goals of load balancer. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed algorithm is implemented using “Parallel Processing toolbox” in Mat lab and the results are compared with other techniques, namely, Round Robin and Fuzzy GSO. Findings: Results are discussed in the context of response time and based on the number of tasks. While balancing the load among the virtual machines, job migration to another virtual machine will affect the response time. In future, further work is on the development of job migration algorithm.
BAT Algorithm, Cloud Computing, Load Balancing.
- Rathore N, Chana I. Load balancing and job migration techniques in grid: a survey of recent trends. Wireless Personal Communications. 2014 De; 79(3):2089-125.
- Helmy T, Al-Jamimi H, Ahmed B, Loqman H. Fuzzy Logic–Based Scheme for Load Balancing in Grid Services. Journal of Software Engineering and Applications. 2013 Jan; 5(12):149.
- Singhal U, Jain S. A New Fuzzy Logic and GSO based Load balancing Mechanism for Public Cloud. International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing. 2014; 7(5):97-110.
- Ramesh D, Krishnan A. Hybrid algorithm for optimal load sharing in grid computing. In Journal of Computer Science 2012.
- Dam S, Mandal G, Dasgupta K, Dutta P. An ant colony based load balancing strategy in cloud computing. Springer International Publishing: Advanced Computing, Networking and Informatics. 2014 May; 2:403-13.
- Sharma S, Raj G, Singh D. Third Party Authentication Process in CBCCP for Services Management using MSBE and MCBS. International Journal of Engineering & Technology. 2013; 5:1498-505.
- Yang XS, He X. Bat algorithm: literature review and applications. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. 2013 Jan 1; 5(3):141-9.
- Yang XS. Beckington, UK: N. I. M. Luniver Press: Algorithms. 2008.
- Parpinelli RS, Lopes HS. New inspirations in swarm intelligence: a survey. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. 2011 Jan 1; 3(1):1-6.
- Yilmaz S, Kucuksille EU. Improved bat algorithm (IBA) on continuous optimization problems. Lecture Notes on Software Engineering. 2013 Aug 1; 1(3):279.
- Yang XS. Bat algorithm for multi-objective optimisation. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. 2011 Jan 1; 3(5):267-74.
- Raj G, Sharma S. A New Approach of Multicasting in Cloud Computing. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology. 2013; 2(6):1602-10.
- Verma A, Sharma SK, Kaur B. Comparative Analysis on Load Balancing Techniques in Cloud Computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11):1-11.
- Balaji N, Umamakeshwari A. Load Balancing in Virtualized Environment-A Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(s9):230-34.
- Sharma S, Luhach AK, Jyoti K. A Novel Approach of Load Balancing in Cloud Computing using Computational Intelligence. 2016; 8(1):124-28.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.