Total views : 309
Fuzzy Expert System for Identifying the Physical Constituents of a Human Body
Background/Objectives: As every individual has a distinct combination of Physical Constituents (Vatt, Pitt and Kapha), understanding this individuality is the essence of diagnosis and treatment in Ayurveda. The proposed work is a stepping stone in this field. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A fuzzy logic based expert system is designed to calculate the physical constituents (VATT, PITT and KAPHA) of a human body. All the required parameters are finalized after consulting an Ayurvedic Expert during knowledge acquisition phase. Findings: The system is implemented using the Fuzzy Logic Toolbox of MATLAB. The accuracy and veracity of the system is evaluated by comparing the outputs of different defuzzification methods. Data collection is performed by survey method and results were highlighted as true and false after verifying from expert. Maximum results depict that the outputs produced by the proposed system matches with those of Ayurvedic Expert. Application/Improvements: The proposed system will guide the physicians to provide the personalized treatment to their patients. This fuzzy based system will prove itself as a learning kit for Ayurveda and Vedic practitioner.
Fuzzy Logic, Inference System, Knowledge Base, Prakriti, Physical Constitution.
- Sharma R, Dash B. Charaka Samhita. Chowkhamba Sanskrit Series, 2009.
- Mehta AK, Gupta N, Sharma RN. B Publishers: Health and Harmonythrough Ayurveda. 2002.
- Mendis DSK, Karunananda AS, Samaratunga U. A statistical fuzzy inference system for classifying human constituents. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability, 2010 Dec; p. 51-7.
- Mendis DSK, Karunananda AS, Samaratunga U. An approach to develop Multi Techniques Integrated Expert System For Diagnosis Of Human Constitutions. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability. 2008 Dec; p. 184–87.
- Mandip RG. Applied Aspects of Dasha-Vidha Atura Pariksha. Journal of Ayurveda Physicians Surgeons. 2015 Mar; p. 40-46.
- Shashirekha HK, Bargale SS. Importance of dasha vidha pareeksha in clinical practice. Journal of Ayurveda and Holistic Medicine. 2014 Mar; 2(3):1-10.
- Mendis DSK, Karunananda AS, Samaratunga U. A computer model for diagnosis of human constituents. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Information and Automation. 2006 Dec; p. 13–16.
- Prateek A, Vishu, Kumar V. Fuzzy rule-based medical expert system to identify the disorders of eyes, ENT and liver. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigm. 2015; 7(3/4).
- Sivanandam SN, Sumathi S, Deepa SN. Springer: Introduction to Fuzzy Logic using MATLAB. 2006.
- Ross T. John Wiley & Sons: Fuzzy logic with engineering applications. 3rd ed. 2010.
- Darlington K. Prentice Hall: The essence of expert system.1999.
- Jackson P. Addison-Wesley: Introduction to Expert Systems, 3rd ed. 1999.
- Amindoust A, Ahmed S, Saghafinia A, Bahreininejad A. Sustainable supplier selection: A ranking model based on fuzzy inference system. Applied Soft Computing Journal. 2012 Jun; 12(6):1668-77.
- Vishu, Prateek A, Kumar S, Jain L. Fuzzy rule based expert system to automate university examination grading. Proceedings of International Conference on Computing Sciences. 2013.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.