Total views : 338
Fuzzy Rule based Expert System for Evaluating Defaulter Risk in Banking Sector
Background/Objectives: Banking sector faced many problems like credit assessment, credit worthiness, and credit risk etc. Many techniques are used to solve these problems in artificial intelligence. But these problems are not fully resolved in previous years. Methods/Statistical Analysis: One of the most important problems is credit risk as customer defaulter risk. Recent studies have not discussed about defaulter or non-defaulter customer. This research work has discussed about customer’s defaulter risk as well as credit risk. Findings: A fuzzy expert system has been designed which can categorized customer as defaulter and non- defaulter. The defaulter risk is calculated by considering factors as CS (CIBIL Score), LVR (Loan to Value Ratio), AAL (Already Availed Loan), IRF (Income Ratio Factor). Data of customers are collected from Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) branches. Different defuzzification methods are used to verify the result of customers. It also verified by the expert in banking domain. Further it is also tested on the data of other branches of banks. Application/Improvements: The system can be helpful for the bank employees in decision making process. In addition to this the system can be used for training new employee for loan approval tasks.
Banking Sector, Credit Risk, Defaulter, Fuzzy Expert System, Intelligent System.
- Celtek C, Vipul K, Gupta G. A fuzzy expert system for small business loan. J Int Inf Manag. 2001; 10(1):17–30.
- Bazmara A, Donighi SS. Classification of Bank Customers for Granting Banking Facility Using Fuzzy Expert System Based on Rules Extracted from the Banking Data. J Basic Appl Sci Res. 2013; 3(12):379–84.
- Paradi JC, Zhu H. A survey on bank branch efficiency and performance research with data envelopment analysis. Omega. 2013; 41(1):61–79.
- Kaur EN, Navleen E, Rekhi S, Nayyar A. Review of expert systems based on fuzzy logic. Int J Adv Res Comput Commun Eng. 2013; 2(3):1334–9.
- Bazmara A, Donighi SS. Bank customer credit scoring by using fuzzy expert system. Int J Intell Syst Appl. 2014; 6(11):29–35.
- Pourdarab S, Nadali A, Nosratabadi HE. A hybrid method for credit risk assessment of bank customers. Int J Trade, Econ Financ. 2011; 2(2):125–30.
- Mahmoud M, Algadi N, Ali A. Expert system for banking credit decision. Computer International Conference on Science and Information Technology (ICSIT’15); 2015. p. 813–9.
- Pourdarab S, Nosratabadi HE, Nadali A. Determining the blend knowledge management strategy by a fuzzy expert system. IJIMT. 2012; 3(5):507–11.
- Naaz S, Alam A, Biswas R. Effect of different defuzzification methods in a fuzzy based load balancing application. IJCSI. 2011; 8(5):261–7.
- Nosratabadi HE, Nadali A. Credit assessment of bank customers by a fuzzy expert system based on rules extracted from association rules. International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing. 2011; 2(1):261–5.
- Itoo RA, Selvarasu A. Case study of consumer credit scoring: A proposal. Int J Recent Sci Res. 2015; 6(4):3627–41.
- Vishu, Agrawal Prateek, Singh Sanjay K, Jain Leena. Fuzzy rule based expert system to automate university examination grading. International Conference on Computing Sciences. ICCS; 2013. p. 285–305.
- Prateek A, Madan V, Kumar V. Fuzzy rule-based medical expert system to identify the disorders of eyes , ENT and liver. International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigm. 2015; 7(3/4):352–67.
- Garibaldi JM. Fuzzy expert systems. Res Gr Sch Comput Sci IT; 1991. p. 1–27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.