Total views : 294
Comparative Analysis of Dynamic Path Maintenance Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
Objective: The purpose of the paper is to compare the various protocols of different categories in Mobile Adhoc Networks (MANETs). Analysis: The wireless networks are promising as future technology which will be going to be the highest demanded source of communication. MANETs is one of the wireless technologies which make use of intermediate nodes in order to transport the data from the starting place to destination. All the transitional joints operate as a router which can decide the path for the movement of the data packets. Findings: This paper helps us in revising the available technologies on the basis of various parameters illustrated in the last section of the paper. A healthy comparison is made between AODV, DSR, DSDV, TORA, CGSR, WRP and ZRP on the basis of various parameters. These algorithms are compared in an exhaustive way in section 7 by considering 16 parameters like time complexity, communication complexity, advantages and disadvantages etc. as can see in table 2. Applications: After indepth knowledge, one can easily apply these protocols in various applications like military rescue, Pocket switched networks, and personal application networks etc. according to their characteristics.
AODV, CGSR, DSR, DSDV, MANET,TORA, WRP, ZRP.
- Kumar MR, Geethanjali N. A Literature survey of Routing Protocols in MANETs. International Journal of Science and Research. 2013; 2(4).
- Goyal S. Zone Routing Protocol in Ad Hoc Networks. International Journal of Research I Engineering and Applied Sciences IJREAS. 2013; 3(3).
- Batla N, Kaur A, Singh G. Congestion Control Techniques in TCP: A Critique. The Proceedings of 3rd National Conference of Advances and Research in Technology (ART-2014), 2014 Mar 8-9; 45.1-45.5.
- Gill A, Diwaker C. Comparative Analysis of Routing in MANET. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2012; 2(7).
- Singh G, Kumar N, Verma AK. ANTALG: An Innovative ACO based Routing Algorithm for MANETs. Journal of Network and Computer Applications: ELSEVIER, 2014; 45.
- Singh G, Kumar N, Verma AK. OANTALG: An Orientation based ANT Colony ALGorithm for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Wireless Personal Communications, Springer. 2014 Jan 29; 77(3):1859–84.
- Singh G, Kaur A. Using Random Way Point Mobility Model to Compare the Performance of Reactive and Proactive Routing Protocols of MANETs in NS-2. In the proceedings of National Conference on Futuristic Trends in Computing, Communication and Information System – FTTCCIS and Yamuna Journal of Technology and Business Research. 2013 Jul 12-13; 3(1-2): 5.1-5.7.
- Dhenakaran SS, Parvathavarthini A. An Overview of Routing Protocols in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013; 3(2).
- Quintero A, Pierre S, Macabeo B. A routing protocol based on node density for ad hoc networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2004 Apr 17; 335–49.
- Singh A, Dhaka VK, Singh G. Ant Colony Optimization – A Prologue. National Conference on Current Research Trends in Cloud Computing and Big Data, JNU, Jaipur. 2015 Feb 6-7.
- Nand P, Sharma SC. Comparative study and Performance Analysis of FSR, ZRP and AODV Routing Protocols for MANET. 2nd International Conference and workshop on Emerging Trends in Technology (ICWET). 2011 Feb 25-26.
- Broch J, Johnson DB, Maltz DA. The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IETF Draft, Available from: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-03.txt. Accessed 2008, February 21, (1999) October, 4.
- Ji L, Corson MS. Differential Destination Multicast- A MANET Multicast Routing Protocol for Small Groups. Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM. 2001 Apr 22-26. ISSN: 0743-166X.
- Kaur R, Singh P, Gaba G S, Pasricha R. Performance Enhancement of AODV with Distributed-DSR Routing Protocol in Manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28).
- Garg M, Aggarwal SK. Simulation Analysis of AODV, DSR and ZRP Routing Protocols in MANET using QualNet 5.0 Simulator. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013; 3(3).
- Sheltami T, Mouftah H. Comparative study of on demand and Cluster Based Routing protocols in MANETs. IEEE conference. 2003 Apr 9-11.
- Satish S, Thangavel K, Boopathi S. Comparative Analysis of DSR, FSR and ZRP Routing Protocols in MANET. International Conference on Information and Network Technology, Singapore. 2011 Apr 29-30.
- Poornima S, Muthukumar VP. Comparision of AODV, OLSR, TORA Routing Protocols In MANET. International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research (IJMTER). 2016; 3(2).
- Sisodia RS, Karthigeyan I, Manoj BS, Murthy CSR. A Preferred Link Based Multicast Protocol for Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Proceedings of IEEE ICC, 2003 May 11-15; 3.
- Jiang M, Li J, Tay YC. Cluster Based Routing Protocol (CBRP). IETF Draft. Available from: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draftietf- manet-cbrp-spec-01. Accessed (2008), February 21, (1999), August 14.
- Chiang C-C, Wu H-K, Liu W, Gerla M. Routing in Clustered Multihop, Mobile Wireless Networks with Fading Channel. International Conference on Network. 1997 Apr 14.
- Mikkili RT, Thyagarajan J. A Real-Time Routing Protocol with Controlled Dissemination of Data Queries by Mobile Sink in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.