Total views : 253
Attitudinal Analysis of Rural Consumers towards FMCG Products in Sivagangai District
Objectives: To find out the attitude of rural consumers towards FMCG products in the district of Sivaganagai in Tamil Nadu, India. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study is descriptive in nature. Structured Questioner is framed to collect the data form the respondents. A total of 384 samples has been taken for data analysis. Multistage Sampling Technique is used to select the sample respondents. Product Category and Products Chosen for study are Toiletries such as: Soaps, Shampoos and Toothpastes. Findings: Among the different factors influence rural consumers to make purchasing decision of FMCG products, ‘Price and Quality’ Factor consisting of the variables such as lasting effect, nearness to selling point, quantity must be reasonably good, price is an important criterion; The quality of the product, for their medicinal value and availability is very important and found to be the most important factor that influences the rural consumers to make purchasing decision of FMCG products. The next important factor influence rural consumers to make purchasing decision of FMCG products is ‘Life style Factor’ which consists of the variables such as brand endorsement, friends and relatives and life style. Application/ Improvements: The proposed factors/variables can be used to study the behavior of the consumers in any sectors and that of in any districts and states.
Advertisement, Consumer Behavior, FMCG, Rural Consumer, Toiletries.
- Sulekha S, Mor K. An Investigation of Consumer Buying Behavior for FMCG: An Empirical Study of Rural Haryana. Global Journal of Management and Business Research Marketing. 2013; 13(3):45–7.
- Madhavi C. Rural marketing for FMCG. Indian Journal of Marketing. 2006; 19–23.
- Muneeswaran K, Vethirajan C. Consumer behaviour on fast moving consumer goods- a study with reference to personal care products in Madurai district. Internal Journal of Research in Computer Application and Management. 2013; 3(5):22.
- Mahalingam S, Kumar NP. A study on consumer behaviour towards selected fast moving consumer goods in Coimbatore city. Indian Journal of Education and Information Management. 2012; 1(11):1–8.
- Ramasamy K, Kalaivanan G, Sukumar S. Consumer behaviour towards instant food products. Indian Journal of Marketing. 2005; 24(2-3):55–9.
- Alamelu R, Surulivel ST, Motha LCS, Amudha R, Selvabaskar S. Factors influencing purchase of fake fmcg products among urban and rural consumers – An empirical analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(27):1–9.
- Rawat SR. Impact of age and income over green consumer behavior. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S4):13–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.