Total views : 197
Enhancing Security for Data Hiding in Radiographic Images using Burrows Wheeler Transform
Objectives: This paper proposes a new method to enhance security for data hiding in radiographic images through distortion of original data. Method: The process involves applying a Burrows-Wheeler Transform (BWT) to the original data, which groups and stores similar patterns in data, causing distortion. This distorted data is then further encoded in a safe format before hiding it in the cover image. The decoding process decoding from the safe format and applying Inverse Burrows-Wheeler Transform (IBWT) to retrieve the original data from the stego image. Findings: Thus, a 2-level security scheme is implemented. Cryptanalysis of the hidden data becomes difficult since the original data is distorted, thus enhancing the security of the hidden data. Nevertheless, the stego image obtained from this method is less deviated from the original cover image. This is shown from the satisfactory PSNR (Peak Signal to Noise Ratio) and MSE (Mean Square Error) obtained. Application/Improvements: This proposed method can be used wherever steganography or data hiding has its applications. This method can be used in commercial communication, military communication etc.
Burrows-Wheeler Transform (BWT), Data Hiding, Inverse Burrows-Wheeler Transform (IBWT), Least Significant Bit (LSB), Radiographic Images, Steganography.
- Kurtz S, Balkenho B. Space Efficient Linear Time Computation of the Burrows and Wheeler-Transformation. Numbers, Information and Complexity. 2000;375–83.
- Wang K, Lu ZM, Hu YJ. A high capacity lossless data hiding scheme for JPEG images. Journal of Systematic Software 2014. 86(7):1965.
- Chang CC, Chen TS, Chung LZ. A steganographic method based upon JPEG and quantization table modification. InformSciences. 2002; 141(1–2):123–38.
- Xuan GR, Shi YQ, Ni ZC, Chai PQ, Cui X, Tong XF. Reversible data hiding for JPEG images based on histogram pairs. Lecture Notes of Computer Science. 2007;715–27.
- Khosravi MJ, Naghsh-NilchiA R. A novel joint secret image sharing and robust steganography method using wavelet. Multimedia System. 2014; 20(2):215–26.
- Huang HY , Chang SH. A Lossless Data-hiding Technique based on Wavelet Transform. Conference on Machine Vision Applications. MVA Japan. 2011;316–9.
- Pathak P, Selvakumar S. Blind Image Steganalysis of JPEG images using feature extraction through the process of dilation. DigitInvest. 2014; 11(1):67–77.
- Karthekeyan B, Ramakrishnan S, Vaithiyanathan V, Sruti S, Gomathymeenakshi M. An improved steganographic technique using LSB replacement on a scanned path image.International Journal of Network Security 2014. 16(1);–8.
- Karthikeyan B, Chakravarthy J, Vaithiyanathan V. An enhanced Hill cipher approach for image encryption in steganography. International Journal of electronic Security and Digital Forensics. 2013; 5(3-4): 178–87.
- Sharma N, Chirgaiya S. A Review of Modern Hill Cipher Techniques. JSRD. 2013; 1(10):2198–202.
- MokhtariM, Naraghi H. Analysis and Design of Affine and Hill Cipher. Journal of Mathematics Research. 2012; 4(1): 67–77.
- NordinM, Rahman A, Abidin AFA, Yusof MK, Usop NSM. A New Approach of Classical Hill Cipher. International Journal of Security and Its Applications. 2013; 7(2):179–90.
- Prabakaran G, Bhavani R, Rajeswari PS. Multi Secure and Robustness for Medical Image Based Steganography Scheme. International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies, ICCPCT, India. 2013. p.–1188–93.
- Mai V, Khalil I, Baida A . Steganography-based Access Control to Medical Data Hidden in Electrocardiogram. 35th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS. 2013.p–1302–5.
- Ibaida A, Khalil I, Al-Shammary D. Embedding patient’s confidential data in ECG signal for healthcare information systems. Conference Proceeding of IEEE Engineering Medical Biology Society 2010. p.3891–4.
- Rahimi F, Rabbani H. A dual adaptive watermarking scheme in contourlet domain for DICOM images. Biomedical Engineering Online. 2011;10–53.
- Kumar VC, Natarajan V, Bhogadi D . High Capacity Reversible Data hiding based on Histogram shifting for Medical Images. International conference on Communication and Signal Processing, ICCSP,India. 2013.–730–3.
- Swain G, Lenka SK. A Technique for Secret Communication Using a New Block Cipher with Dynamic Steganography. International Journal of Security and Its Applications 2012. 6(4):1–12.
- Huang HY, Chang SH. A Lossless Data-hiding Technique based on Wavelet Transform. Machine Vision Applications. 2011; 66(2):8–15.
- Li Z , Lu K, Zeng X , Pan X . A Blind Steganalytic Scheme Based on DCT and Spatial Domain for JPEG Images. Journal of Multimedia. 2010; 5(3):200–7.
- Sapra K, Kapoor S .Modified Image Encryption Technique. SSRG International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 2014; 1(6):36–40.
- Shamimunnisab S, Cauvery NK. Empirical Computation of Rs-Analysis for Building Robust Steganography Using Integer Wavelet Transform and Genetic Algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2012; 3(3):448–56.
- Sastry UV, Shankar RN, Bhavani DS. A Modifed Hill Cipher Involving Interweaving and Iteration. International Journal of Network Security. 2010; 11(1):11–16.
- Ricardo R, Silva D, Mery D. State-of-the-Art of Weld Seam Inspection by Radiographic Testing: Part i-Image processing. E-Journal of Nondestructive Testing and Ultrasonics. 2009;12(9):1–9.
- Yang CY, Lin CH, Hu WUC . Reversible Data Hiding for High-Quality Images Based on Integer Wavelet Transform. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing. 2012; 3(2):142–50.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Bansal T, Jain P, Shastri S. 9/7 IWT Domain Data Hiding in Image using Adaptive and Non Adaptive Methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–7.
- Huang H, Coatrieux G, Shu HZ, Luo LM, Roux CH. . Blind Integrity Verification of Medical Images. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. 2012;16(6):1122–26.
- Raúl RC, Claudia FU , de JTBGD. Data Hiding Scheme for Medical Images. 17th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Computers, Mexico.2007.
- Kannammal A, SubhaRani S. Authentication of DICOM Medical Images using Multiple fragile watermarking Techniques in Wavelet Transform Domain. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science . 2011; 8(6):1.
- Cao F, Huang HK, Zhou XQ. Medical image security in a HIPAA mandated PACS environment. Computer Medical Imaging Graphing. 2003;185–96.
- Amirtharajan R, Rayappan JBB. An intelligent chaotic embedding approach to enhance stego-image quality. Information Sciences. 2012;193:115–24.
- Cogranne R, Zitzmann C, Retrainty F, Igor V, Nikiforov N, Cornu P, Fillatre L. A Local Adaptive Model of Natural Images for Almost Optimal Detection of Hidden Data. Signal Processing. 2014; 100:169–85.
- Bird R, Shin-Cheng MU. Functional Pearls Inverting the Burrows-Wheeler Transform. Journal of Functional Program. 2004;14(6):10–11.
- Ohlebusch E ,Beller T, Mohamed I, Abouelhoda A. Computing the Burrows–Wheeler transform of a string and its reverse in parallel. Journal of Discrete Algorithms. 2013; 25:–243–56.
- Salson M, Lecroq T, L´eonard M, Mouchard L. Dynamic Burrows-Wheeler Transform. Prague Stringology Conference, India. 2008.p.13–25.
- L´ansk´y, J ChernikK ,Vlˇckov´a Z . Syllable-Based Burrows-Wheeler Transform. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2007; 235:1–10.
- Asokan A, Anita JP. Burrows Wheeler Transform Based Test Vector Compression for Digital Circuits. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.