Total views : 284
Security Aware Fuzzy C-Means Cluster-based Social Spider Elliptic Curve Cryptography (FSER) Routing Protocol in FSO MANET
Objective: To design an FSER (Fuzzy _means cluster-based Social spider Elliptic Curve Cryptography Routing) protocol to enhance the security and prevent the loss of data while routing in FSO MANET. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Our proposed protocol scheme is based on three stages: (i) Cluster formation stage, (ii) Network routing stage and (iii) Secure communication stage. In the first stage, an efficient Fuzzy c-means (FCM) clustering process is used to form clusters in FSO MANET. In the second stage, Social Spider Algorithm (SSA) is used to create the routing table through vibration to other spiders based on the distance from the members and efficient routing through vibration intensity of spiders in the web. In the third phase, we suggest an Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Algorithm for MANET to provide secure data delivery from source to destination. Findings: A hierarchal secure FSER routing protocol for FSO MANET is proposed. Nowadays, MANETs are demanding higher bandwidths, smarter and faster. In this paper, the higher demands on growing application can be supported using FSO which has the advantage of low power consumption and higher bandwidth to support huge number of nodes. First, a temporary topology is created by forming clusters with cluster head in order to consume the energy in which each node having multiple transceivers. Then a quality aware routing is performed by checking the path for QoS demand from source to destination. A secure data delivery from source to destination is provided by encrypting the packets using the ECC authentication scheme. Improvements/Application: Experimental simulations on FSO MANETs are implemented in MATLAB tool by finding an optimal path to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed FSER protocol that fulfills several Quality of Service (QoS) constraints. The designed proposed protocol in FSO is observed to be performing well with high speed optical modulation for bandwidth intensive applications like multimedia.
Elliptic Curve Cryptography, Fuzzy C-Means, Free-Spaceoptical, Security, Social Spider Algorithm.
- Arun K, Majumdar M. Fundamentals of Free-Space Optical (FSO) Communication System, Advanced Free Space Optics (FSO), Springer New York. 2015; 186:1–20.
- Devi S, Sarje A. Dir-DREAM: Geographical Routing Protocol for FSO MANET. Intelligent Distributed Computing, Springer International Publishing. 2015; 321:95–106.
- Arun K, Majumdar M. Free-space Optical (FSO) Platforms: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and Mobile, Advanced Free Space Optics (FSO), Springer New York. 2015; 186:203–25.
- Bilgi M, Yuksel M. Capacity scaling in free-space-optical mobile ad hoc networks, Elsevier, Ad Hoc Networks. 2014; 12:150–64.
- Schweitzer N, Stulman A, Shabtai A, Margalit RD. Mitigating Denial of Service Attacks in OLSR Protocol Using Fictitious Nodes. IEEE Transactions on 15, Mobile Computing. 2016; 1:163–72.
- Korea D, Dhurandher SK, Reddy BVR. Enhancing the Security of Dynamic Source Routing Protocol Using Energy Aware and Distributed Trust Mechanism in MANETs. Springer International Publishing on Intelligent Distributed Computing. 2015; 321:83–94.
- Kumar DK, Murthy YSSR, Rao V. Hybrid cluster based routing protocol for free-space optical mobile ad hoc networks (FSO/RF MANET), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers of Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications (FICTA). 2013; 199:613–20.
- Jisha G, Samuel P, Paul V. Role of Gateways in MANET Integration Scenarios. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–19
- Wang J, Lu K. On the mobile relay placement in hybrid MANETs with secure network coding. Security and Communication Networks. 2014; 7(4):738–49.
- Morreale P, Goncalves A, Silva C. Mobile ad hoc network communication for disaster recovery. International Journal of Space-based and Situated Computing. 2015; 5(3):178–86.
- Cheng BN, Yuksel M, Kalyanaraman S. Orthogonal rendezvous routing protocol for wireless mesh networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN). 2009; 17(2):542–55.
- Jason R, Madsen M, Daniel J, Tebben T, Dwivedi A, Harshavardhana P, Turner W. Cross layer optimization in assured connectivity tactical mesh networks. IEEE, In Military Communications Conference, USA. 2008; 1–5.
- Rangarajan J, Baskaran K. Evaluating the Impact of Weather Condition on MANET Routing Protocols. International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics. 2015; 7(3):454.
- Yang H, Luo H, Ye F, Lu S, Zhang L. Security in mobile ad hoc networks: challenges and solutions. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2004; 11(1):38–47.
- Wei Z, Tang H, Yu FR, Wang M, Mason P. Security enhancements for mobile ad hoc networks with trust management using uncertain reasoning. IEEE Transactions on, Vehicular Technology. 2014; 63(9):4647–58.
- Chang JM, Tsou PC, Woungang I, Chao HC, Lai CF. Defending against collaborative attacks by malicious nodes in MANETs, A cooperative bait detection approach. IEEE Systems Journal. 2015; 9(1):65–75.
- Goncalves A, Silva C, Morreale P. Design of a Mobile Ad Hoc Network Communication App for Disaster Recovery, IEEE. 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA), USA. 2014.
- Vijayakumar A, Selvamani K. Reputed Packet Delivery Using Efficient Audit Misbehaviour Detection and Monitoring Method in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 48(1):489–96.
- Sevincer A, Bhattarai A, Bilgi M, Yuksel M, Pala N. LIGHTNETs: Smart LIGHTing and mobile optical wireless NETworks—A survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2013; 15(4):1620–41.
- Li X, Liu T, Liu Y, Tang Y. Optimized multicast routing algorithm based on tree structure in MANETs. IEEE, Communications, China. 2014; 11(2):90–9.
- Shang T, Jia J, Wang X. Analysis and design of a multi-transceiver optical cylinder antenna for mobile free space optical communication. Elsevier, Optics and Laser Technology. 2012; 44(8):2384–92.
- Sanchez- Iborra R, Cano MD, Garcia-Haro J. Performance evaluation of BATMAN routing protocol for VoIP services: a QoE perspective. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2014; 13(9):4947–58.
- Sumathi K, Kumar KS, Sathiyapriya T, Gowri DK. An Investigation on the Impact of Weather Modelling on Various MANET Routing Protocols. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–6.
- Suresh HN, Varaprasad, Jayanthi G. Notice of Violation of IEEE Publication Principles Designing Energy Routing Protocol With Power Consumption Optimization in MANET. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing. 2014; 2(2):192–7.
- Paramasivan B, Prakash MJV, Kaliappan M. Development of a secure routing protocol using game theory model in mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Journal of Communications and Networks. 2015; 17(1):75–83.
- Qin Y, Huang D, Li B. STARS: a statistical traffic pattern discovery system for MANETs, IEEE, Dependable and Secure Computing. 2014; 11(2):181–92.
- Zhang R, Sun J, Zhang Y, Huang X. Jamming-resilient secure neighbor discovery in mobile ad hoc networks, IEEE Transactions on 14, Wireless Communications. 2015; 14(10):5588–601.
- Bezdek JC, Ehrlich R, Full W. FCM: The fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm. Computers and Geosciences. 1984; 10(2):191–203.
- James JQ, Li VO. A social spider algorithm for global optimization. Applied Soft Computing. 2015; 30:614–27.
- Koblitz N, Menezes A, Vanstone S. The state of elliptic curve cryptography, Springer US, towards a quarter-century of public key cryptography. 2000. p. 103–23.
- Zamani E, Soltanaghaei M. The improved overhearing backup AODV protocol in MANET, ACM. Journal of Computer Networks and Communications. New York. 2016; 2016:1–5.
- Usha S, Radha S. Detection and Avoidance of Node Misbehavior in MANET Based on CLAODV. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Oct; 4(10):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.