Fuzzy Based Summarization of Product Reviews for Better Analysis
Background/Objectives: There is a tremendous growth in the online marketing where customers buy a product and leave a comment on it about their experience. These experiences which are in the form of Reviews help in two ways. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Firstly, the buyer will have a clear idea about the product pros and cons. Secondly; manufacturer will also find them helpful to make the user experience better by improving the product or service in negative areas. This converges at a point where, if the user reviews are thousands in number for a single product, we can propose a system which provides the summary of all user generated reviews. This is what motivated opinion mining systems to summarize the user review. Opinion mining is the current technology which can classify the review documents to summarize them. Findings: This paper implements the opinion mining based on fuzzy logic to improve classification of reviews for generating the concise summary about the product. Application/Improvements: This is a Feature based sentiment classification which is a multistep process which involves pre-processing phase, fuzzy score to classify each review, training the Naive bayes classifier, evaluating each sentence in the test set depending on the trained classifier and ranking the sentences for each feature. Thus sentences evaluated are a fine grained classification to better summarize the reviews.
- Dalal MK, Zaveri MA. Opinion mining from online user reviews using fuzzy linguistic hedges. Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing. Hindawi Publishing Corporation; 2014. p. 1-9. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/735942
- Liu C-L, Hsaio W-H, Lee C-H, Lu G-C, Jou E. Movie rating and review summarization in mobile environment. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part C: Applications and Reviews. 2012; 4:397-407.
- Walaa Medhat, Ahmed Hassan, Hoda Korash, Sentiment analysis algorithms and applications: A survey, Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 2014; 5: 1093–1113. Available from: www.elsevier.com/locate/asej
- Yang J-Y, Kim H-J, Lee S-G. Feature-based product review summarization utilizing user score. Journal of Information Science and Engineering. 2010; 26:1973-90.
- Vithiya RK, Venkatesan D. Building a custom sentiment analysis tool based on ontology for Twitter Posts. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(13):1-9.
- Al-Maimani M, Salim N, Al-Naamany AM. Semantic and fuzzy aspects of opinion mining. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2014; 63:330-42.
- Ambekar NS, Bhale NL, A fuzzy approach for sentiment analysis based on web customer reviews. Proceedings of 11th IRF International Conference; 2014 15 Jun.
- Haque MA, Rahman T. Sentiment analysis by using fuzzy logic. IJCSEIT. 2014; 4:33-48. doi:10.5121/ijcseit.2014.4104
- Hussain A, Vatrapu R. IEEE 18th International Conference on Fuzzy-set based sentiment analysis of big social Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC); 2014. p. 71–80.
- Jusoh S, Alfawareh HM. Applying Information Extraction and Fuzzy Sets for Opinion Mining. 2012Apr. Available from: http://iieng.org/images/proceedings_pdf/ 9423E0114513.pdf
- Tumsare P, Sambare AS, Jain SR. Opinion Mining in Natural Language Processing using Senti-word net and Fuzzy, 2014; 3: 256-261.
- Pham D-H, Le Anh-Cuong. A neural network based model for determining overall aspect weights in opinion mining and sentiment analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(18):1-6.doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i18/93164
- Haddi E, Liu X, Shi Y. The role of text pre-processing in sentiment analysis. Elsevier Procedia Computer Science. 2013; 17:26–32.Available from: www.sciencedirect.com
- Ceci M, Loglisci C, Macchia L. Ranking sentences for key phrase extraction: A relational data mining approach. Elsevier Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 38:52–9. Available from: www.sciencedirect.com
- Thamizharasi P, Sathiyavathi R. An approach to product rating based on aspect ranking in opinion mining. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(14):1-6. doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/89604
- Hu M, Liu B. Mining opinion features in customer reviews in American association for artificial intelligence. 755-60. Available from: www.aaai.org
- Singh A, Ullah ME. Aspect based sentiment analysis. Available from: http://home.iitk.ac.in/~enayat/files/absa_report.pdf
- Naive bayes text classification implementation. Available from: www.textblob.org
- Hu M, Liu B. Mining and summarizing customer reviews. Available from: https://www.cs.uic.edu/~liub/publications/ kdd04-revSummary.pdf
- Jenitha Sri R, Ajitha P. Survey of product reviews using sentiment analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(21):1-4. doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i21/95158 21. Available from: www.dataschool.io/confusion-matrix-terminologies
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.