Total views : 252
Secure Data Transmission in Integrated Internet MANETs Based on Effective Trusted Knowledge Algorithm
The communication between mobile node and fixed node is achieved through the Integrated Internet MANET (IIM) with the help of the gateway by increasing the application domain of mobile ad hoc network. The wireless channel and dynamic nature of Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs) experiences integrated MANETs to suffer from security susceptibility. Methods/Analysis: An untrustworthy mobile node can harm the data and adversely affect the communication between a mobile node and a fixed node in IIM. In this manner, examining the trust level impacts the certainty with which an element may decide for information transmission. In order to provide a secure data transmission we are proposing an Effective Trusted Knowledge Algorithm (ETKA) that calculates the nodes trust. Findings: The proposed algorithm has two phases for finding the trusted node. In the first phase, observing the nodes in promiscuous mode, in the second phase, the effective trust value is calculated by hybrid method. Improvement: Through extensive simulation analysis, we can come to an end that the developed mechanism leads to a successful methodology towards security and protection of data from untrusted nodes in integrated internet and MANET.
Integrated Internet MANET, Promiscuous Mode, Trusted Table, Trust Value.
- Kumar R, Misra M, Sarje AK. An efficient gateway discovery in ad hoc network for internet connectivity. In the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Application, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). 2007 Dec 13; 4:275–82.
- Jisha G, Samuel P, Paul V. Role of gateway in MANET integration scenario. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–19.
- Global connectivity for IPv6 Mobile Ad Hoc Network [Internet]. 2001 [cited 2001 Nov 14]. Available from: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~ebelding/txt/globalv6.txt.
- Manoharan R, Mohanalakshmie S. A trust based gateway selection scheme for integration of MANETs with internet. In Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), International Conference on Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); 2011 Jun 3. p. 543–8.
- Boukerch A, Xu L, El-Khatib K. Trust-based security for wireless ad hoc and sensor network. Computer Communication. 2007 Sep 10; 30(11):2413–27.
- Kagal L, Finin T, Joshi A. Trust-based security in pervasive computing environment. Computer. 2001 Dec; 34(12):154–7.
- Sarvanko H, Höyhtyä M, Katz M, Fitzek F. Distributed resource in wireless network: discovery and cooperative uses. In Fourth European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) Workshop on E mobility; 2010 May. p. 51.
- Ayachi MA, Bidan C, Abbes T, Bouhoula A. Misbehavior detection using implicit trust relation in the AODV routing protocol. In Computational Science and Engineering (CSE). International Conference on Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). 2009 Aug 29; 2:802–8.
- Hamidian A, Körner U, Nilsson A. Performance of internet access solution in mobile ad hoc network. In International Workshop of the Euro NGI Network of Excellence. Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2004 Jun 7. p. 189–201.
- Dhurandher SK, Obaidat MS, Verma K, Gupta P, Dhurandher P. FACES: friend-based ad hoc routing using challenge to establish securities in MANETs system. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Systems Journal. 2011 Jun; 5(2):176–88.
- Siddiqua A, Sridevi K, Mohammed AA. Preventing black hole attack in MANETs using secure knowledge algorithm. In Signal Processing And Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), International Conference on Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); 2015 Jan 2. p. 421–5.
- Amit Kumar Gupta ,Naveen Kumar Gupta, Rakesh Kumar. An efficient secure gateway selections and authentication scheme in MANET. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2014 February; 4(2):11–18.
- Shabut AM, Dahal KP, Bista SK, Awan IU. Recommendation based trust model with an effective defense scheme for MANETs. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2015 Oct 1; 14(10):2101–15.
- Xi CH, Liang S, JianFeng MA, Zhuo MA. A trust management scheme based on behavior feedback for opportunistic network. China Communications. 2015 Apr; 12(4):117–29.
- Zhang Y, Wang L, Sun W. Trust system design optimization in smart grid networks infrastructures. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Smart Grid. 2013 Mar; 4(1):184–95.
- Zhang Y, Wang L, Sun W, Green II RC, Alam M. Distributed intrusion detection system in a multi-layer networks architecture of smart grid. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Transactions on Smart Grid. 2011 Dec; 2(4):796–808.
- Wang B, Soltani S, SHAPIRO J, Tan PN. Local detection of selfish routing behavior in ad hoc network. Journal of Interconnection Network. 2006 Mar; 7(01):133–45.
- Cook KS. Russell sage foundation series on trust New York. Trust in Society. 2003 Feb; 2.
- Hamidian A, Körner U, Nilsson A. Performance of internet access solutions in mobile ad hoc network. In International Workshop of the Euro NGI Network of Excellence Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2004 Jun 7. p. 189–201.
- Narula P, Dhurandher SK, Misra S, Woungng I. Security in mobile ad-hoc network using soft encryption and trust-based multi-path routing. Computer Communication. 2008 Mar 5; 31(4):760–9.
- Dhurandher SK, Mehra V. Multi-path and message trust-based secure routing in ad hoc network. In Advance in Computing, Control and Telecommunication Technology. ACT'09. International Conference on Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); 2009 Dec 28. p. 189–94.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.