Total views : 294
PBUA: A Dynamic User Authentication Mechanism for Secure MobiCloud Environment
Objectives: Authenticating the MobiCloud users using traditional passwords, biometrics is prone to shoulder surfing attack and need external device. Pattern Based User Authentication (PBUA) mechanism is introduced to identify and authenticate the users in MobiCloud environment. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: To authenticate the users, the whole process is divided into two phases namely, identification and authentication. Dynamic patterns are generated using random mathematical function to select the patterns from the Identity Management (IdM) Server. Pattern matching operation is done using the hash-based technique to match the image pattern sequences quickly with the actual pattern. Findings: Experimental results show that the proposed PBUA is strong enough against shoulder surfing attack. The time taken for pattern matching is very less when compared to existing pattern matching mechanisms. Application/Improvement: PBUA does not need any intermediate table as the patterns are matched directly with original patterns. The complexity of the algorithm is reduced by , thus the efficiency is improved n2 times. Pattern updation is not required which reduces the user’s burden.
Authentication, Identity Management, Identification, Mobile Cloud, Pattern Matching.
- Fernando N, Seng W, Loke L, Rahayu W. Mobile cloud computing- A survey. Future Generation Computer Systems. Elsevier. 2013; 29(1):84–106.
- Park P, James J, Yang Y, Laurence T, Lee L, Changhoon C. A study on authentication system using QR code for mobile cloud computing environment. Proceedings of CCIS’. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2011; 184:500–7.
- Abid S, Hussain M. Security issues and challenges of mobile cloud computing. International Journal of Grid and Distributed Computing. 2013; 6(6):37–50.
- Rassan IA, Shaher HAL. Securing mobile cloud using fingerprint authentication. International Journal of Network Security and Applications. 2013; 5(6):41–53.
- Tomar AS, Tak GK, Chaudhar R. Image based authentication with secure key exchange mechanism in cloud. IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Medical Imaging, m-Health and Emerging Communication Systems (MedCom); India. 2014. p. 428–31.
- Al-Hamami AH, Al-Juneidi JY. Secure mobile cloud computing based-on fingerprint. WCSIT. 2015; 5(2):23–7.
- Guo M, Liaw L, Hsiao H, Huang L, Yen C. Authentication using graphical password in cloud. IEEE Proceedings of 15th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC); Taiwan. 2012. p. 177–81.
- Cecil DA, Arockiam l. Key Based Mutual Authentication (KBMA) mechanism for secured Access in MobiCloud environment. MATEC Web of Conferences, EDP Sciences; 2016. p. 1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.