Total views : 168
Enhanced Methods to Provide Privacy from Massive Surveillance
Background/Objectives: The recent revolution in information technology has had a major impact on Global Communication. The use of Cloud computing in many organizations has significantly increasing due to the benefits in terms of accessibility and inexpensive in general. Due to these anticipated advantages of Cloud Computing many companies and users do not analyze the security issues carefully. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The unprecedented massive surveillance carried out by unauthorized parties around the world threaten cloud users. Offering strong data protection and build confidence to rich applications in the cloud is a challenging task. To mitigate technical impediments in cloud this paper suggested some available security prepositions. Findings: This paper mainly focuses on various propositions such as protecting virtual infrastructures, use of proxies and SSH tunneling, Disk encryption to provide protection for the data at rest, Homomorphic encryption to provide confidentially to the data in transit and finally data integrity to check whether data modified at cloud servers, to take care of privacy and freedom of data of Cloud users while adapting to cloud. Applications/Improvements: These security prepositions may ensure in increasing the trust to incorporate the user services on the cloud beyond the shadow of the doubt.
Data Integrity, Encrypted, Homomorphic Encryption, Multi-Tenancy, Massive Surveillance, Side Channels Attacks, Tunneling.
- Kirubakaramoorthi R., Arivazhagan D, Helen D. Analysis of Cloud Computing Technology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(21):1–3. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i21/79144
- Public Cloud Services Market Sector. 2013 Feb 19. Available from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ louiscolumbus/2013/02/19/gartner-predicts-infrastructureservices-will-accelerate-cloud-computing-growth.
- Roundup Of Cloud Computing Forecasts And Market Estimates Q3 Update, 2015. 2015 Sep 24. Available from: http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2015/09/27/ roundup-of-cloud-computing-forecasts-and-market- estimatesq3-update-2015/#50d8e88b6c7a.
- Dawn Song, Elaine Shi, Ian Fischer, Umesh Shankar. Cloud data protection for the Masses. IEEE Computer Society. 2012; 45(1):39–45. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2012.1
- Mohammed A. AlZain, Eric Pardede, Ben Soh, James A. Thom. Cloud computing security: From Single to MultiCloud. 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. IEEE 2012, pp. 5490-5499.
- Sainy pearson. Toward accountability in the cloud. HP lab, IEEE Cloud Computing . 2013 May/June; 15(4): 64–9.
- Shared Responsibility of Cloud Security. 2015 May 20. Available from: http://www.sureskills.com/about/ blog/training_certification/the-shared-responsibilityof-cloud-security.
- Te-Shun Chou. Security Threats On Cloud Computing Vulnerabilities.International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology (IJCSIT) 2013; 5(3): 79–88. https://doi.org/10.5121/ijcsit.2013.5306
- Nimrod Aviram. DROWN: Breaking TLS using SSLv2. Proceedings of the 25th USENIX Security Symposium. 2016 August;1–18.
- Amazon S3 Silent Corruption. 2009 Jan 28. Available from: Sun. http://blogs.sun.com/gbrunett/entry/amazon_s3_ silent_data_corruption
- DDoS–ers-launch-attacks 2014 July 20. Available from:
- Zulkefli Mohd Yusop, Jemal H. Abawajy. Analysis of Insiders Attack Mitigation Strategies. International Conference on Innovation, Management and Technology Research,Malaysia. 22 – 23 September, 2013.
- Hassan Takabi ,James B.D. Joshi,Gail-Joon Ahn. Security and Privacy Challenges in Cloud Computing Environments. IEEE . 2010 Nov/Dec; 8(6):24–31.
- Siani Pearson . Privacy, Security and Trust in Cloud Computing. 2012. Available from:
- Research Directorate staff. Securing the cloud with homomorphic encryption. The Next Wave. 2014; 20(3):1–4.
- Solmaz, Vaghri, Mohan KG. Using proxies to facilitate collaboration in Multi-Cloud Computing Environments. International Journal on Advanced Computer Thoery and Engineering. 2014; 3(2): 2319-2526,27–33.
- Raluca Ada Popa, Catherine M. S. Redfield, Nickolai Zeldovich, Hari Balakrishnan . CryptDB: Protecting Confidentiality with Encrypted Query Processing. MIT CSAI. 23rd ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), Cascais, 2011 Oct;1–16. https://doi.org/10.1145/2043556.2043566
- Luca Ferretti, Fabio Pierazzi, Michele Colajanni, Micro Marchetti. Scalable Architecture for Multi-user Encrypted SQL Operations on Cloud Database Services. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 2014 Oct-Dec; 2(4): 448–58. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCC.2014.2378782
- Maha Tebba, Karim Jkik, Said EL Hajii. Hybrid Homomorphic Encryption Method for protecting the privacy of banking Data in the Cloud. International Journal of Security and Its Applications. 2015; 9(6):61–70. https://doi.org/10.14257/ijsia.2015.9.6.07
- Securing the cloud. 2013 Jan 10. Available from: http://news.mit.edu/2013/
- Jothi Neela T., Saravanan N. Privacy Preserving Approaches in Cloud: a Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6 (5):4531–5.
- Erway C, Kupcu A, Papamanthou C, Tamassia R. Dynamic Provable Data Possession. Proceedingsof the 16th ACM Conf. Computer and Comm. Security (CCS’09). 2009;213–22. https://doi.org/10.1145/1653662.1653688
- Wang Q., Wang C., Li J., Ren K, Lou W. Enabling Public Verifiability and Data Dynamic for Storage Security in Cloud Computing. Proceedings of the 14th European Conference Research in Computer Security (ESORICS’09). 2009;355–70. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04444-1_22
- Wang B., Li B., Li H. Oruta: Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Shared Data in the Cloud. Proceedings of IEEE Fifth International Conference Cloud Computing. 2014; 2(1): 43–56.
- Rajathi A., Saravanan N. A Survey on Secure Storage in Cloud Computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(4):4397–401.
- Wang C., Wang Q., Ren K., Lou W. Ensuring Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing. Proceedings of the17th International Workshop Quality of Service (IWQoS’09). 2009; 5(2): 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1109/iwqos.2009.5201385
- Wang C., Chow S.S., Wang Q., Ren K., Lou W. PrivacyPreserving Public Auditing for Secure Cloud Storage. IEEE Transactions Computers. 2013; 62(2):362–75 https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2011.245.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.