Total views : 256
Wireless Controlled Surveillance Mobile Robot through a Customized Web-User Interface
Objectives: The present work focuses on tele operated mobile robot with wireless control through the customized web user interface to ensure the knowledge about the environment by live video surveillance. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Live video streaming is provided through the browser that allows the user to manipulate the robot from the comfort of a web interface. Streaming of surveillance is received and viewed on a remote desktop or even a mobile phone. Robot wheel motor is interfaced with the server using Raspberry Pi. Data is collected from the sensor and the onboard camera and stored in the database for analysis. Findings: The main feature of this robot is its all-terrain capabilities with rugged construction give the vehicle a high payload torque and multi terrain capabilities. Live streaming from all-terrain vehicle gives the user a visual interface which gives more knowledge about the environment so that the user can make decisions. Moreover, the user can control the vehicle and its direction from a web-browser interface. The user experience is mainly focused in this paper and if the user makes an error which is harmful for the vehicle an override algorithm is used to overcome the user input. Applications/Improvements: This paper was designed for the application of mobile robot in the field of military applications such as live video surveillance and robot navigation.
All-Terrain Vehicle, Mobile Robot, Raspberry Pi, Web-User Interface, Wireless Camera
- Sudhakar S, Kumar EP, Thiyagarajan S. Border Security and multi access robot using embedded system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1-5.
- Paola DD, Milella A, Cicirelli G, Distante A. An autonomous mobile robotic system for surveillance of indoor environments. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems. 2010; 7(1):1-8.
- Barberd HM, Izquierdo MA., Skarmeta AF. Web-based supervisory control of mobile robots. 10th IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication IEEE, Bordeaux, Paris, 2001, 256-61.
- Annuar KAM, Zin MHM, Harun MH, Halim MFMA, Azahar AH. Design and development of search and rescue robot. IJMME-IJENS. 2016 Apr; 16 (2):36-41.
- Ghosh D, Sahanie S, Bhandari S, Shirali V, Kapoor M. Web controlled surveillance robot. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2015 Oct; 5(10):87-91.
- Verma G, Verma H, Singh I, Vikram A, Singhal S, Kumar A, Banarwal S, Goel K. Wireless position tracking of a DTMF based mobile robot using GSM and GPS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1-6.
- Dumbre K, Ganeshkar S, Dhekne A. Robotic vehicle control using internet via webpage and keyboard. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015 Mar; 114(17):1-5.
- Zulkefli MH, Annuar KAM, Johari SH, Sapiee MRM, Ahmad S . Graphical User Interface (GUI) controlled mobile robot. Journal of Advanced Research in Computing and Applications. 2015; 1(1):42-49.
- López J, Pérez D, Paz E, Santana A. WatchBot: A building maintenance and surveillance system based on autonomous robots. Robotics and Autonomous Systems. 2013; 61(12):1559-1571.
- Shantanu K, Dixit SB, Dhayagonde D. Design and implementation of e-Surveillance robot for video monitoring and living body detection. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2014 Apr; 4(4):1-3.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.