Total views : 280
Spin Coated Cadmium Doped Zinc Oxide Thin Films: Preparation, Structural, Optical and Electrical Characterization
Pure and cadmium (Cd2+) doped zinc oxide (ZnO) were prepared by programmable microcontroller assisted spin coating unit using organometallic precursor. The pure and doped ZnO thin films were deposited on well glass substrate at 1500 rpm under alkaline condition. 400ºC sintered films were characterized for their structural, morphological, optical and electrical properties using X-ray diffraction method, scanning electron microscopy, UV-visible absorption method and DC measurements respectively. Hexagonal wurtzite phase with multiple faceted growths was witnessed for pristine film. Without alteration in the phase but dopant induced small variation in the position of prominent peaks were shown by Cd doped ZnO thinfilms. The dopant induced island growth and increasing roughness were clearly unveiled via SEM analysis. Variation in the structure and shape of the optical absorption peak reveal the varying crystallite size in accordance with dopant concentration. The electrical measurements showed that the doping process enhance the conducting property of the films. On comparison 6% Cd doped ZnO films exhibit good conductivity than other films.
Cd Doped ZnO Thin Films, Electrical Analysis, Optical Properties, Spin Coating, Structural Analysis.
- Ozgur U, Hofstetter D, Morkoc H. ZnO devices and applications: a review of current status and future prospects. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2010; 98(7):1255–68.
- Shinde VR, Lokhande CD, Mane RS, Han CH. Hydrophobic and textured ZnO films deposited by chemical bath deposition: annealing effect. Application Surface Science. 2005; 245(1):407–13.
- Ennaoui M, Weber R, Scheer HJ, Lewerenz L. Solution energy master. Sol. Cells. 1998; 54(1–4):277–86.
- Pathan HM, Lokhande CD. Deposition of metal chalcogenide thin films by Successive Ionic Layer Adsorption and Reaction (SILAR) method. Bulletin of Materials Science. 2004; 27(2):85–111.
- Mahalingam T, John VS, Raja M, Su YK, Sebastian PJ. Electrodeposition and characterization of transparent ZnO thin films. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 2005; 88(2):227–35.
- Shinde VR, Lokhande CD, Mane RSS, Gujar TP, Han SH. Mn doped and undoped ZnO films: A comparative structural, optical and electrical properties study. Materials Chemistry and Physics. 2006; 96(2):326–30.
- Soki T, Hatanaka Y, Look DC. ZnO Diode Fabricated by Excimer-Laser Doping. Applied Physics Letters. 2000; 76(22):3257–9.
- Liu Y, Gorla CR, Liang S, Emanetoglu N, Lu Y, Shen H, Wraback MJ. Ultraviolet detectors based on epitaxial ZnO films grown by MOCVD. Electronic Materials Letters. 2000; 29(1):807–74.
- Shinde VR, Lokhande CD, Mane RS, Gujar TP. LPG sensing properties of ZnO films prepared by spray pyrolysis method: effect of molarity of precursor solution. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical. 2007; 120(2):551–9.
- Keis K, Mangnusson E, Lindstrom H, Lindquist SE, Hagfeldt A. Photomodulation of interfacial electron transfer by optical switches. Sol. Energy Master. Sol. Cells. 2002; 73:51.
- Zelati A, Amirabadizadeh A, Kompany A, Salamati H, Sonier J. Manufacture and characterization of Dy2o3 nanoparticles via x-ray diffraction, TEM and Photoluminescence. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Dec; 6(12):5552–8.
- Kwaha BJ, Durodola OM. X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry (XRFS) analysis of aluminum cable types commonly used in electric power distribution. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 May; 4(5):1–4.
- Geethan P, Jithin P, Naveen T, Padminy KV, Krithika JS, Vasudevan SK. Augmented reality x-ray vision with gesture interaction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):43–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.