Total views : 333
Quantum Voting using Single Qubits
Objectives: A novel quantum binary voting scheme that uses only single qubits is proposed. Specifically, the protocol is designed by modifying a single qubit based scheme for controlled deterministic secure quantum communication. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The security of the protocol is analyzed over some specific attacks. Further, qubit efficiency of the protocol is also calculated. Findings: It is established that in the case of binary voting, the proposed single qubit based quantum voting protocol is more efficient than some of the recently proposed protocols for binary voting. Further, it is also shown in some of the recent papers that the original single qubit based quantum secure direct communication scheme that has been modified to design the proposed quantum voting scheme is less affected than corresponding multiqubit based scheme. This further establishes the relevance of the present results. Application/Improvements: As the proposed scheme does not require complex quantum resource like entanglement & qudits, it seems to be experimentally realizable using the available technology.
Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Communication, Quantum Voting.
- Shor PW. Polynomial-time algorithms for prime factorization and discrete logarithms on a quantum computer. SIAM review. 1999; 41(2):303–32.
- Sharma RD, De A. A new secure model for quantum key distribution protocol. 2011 6th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, IEEE. 2011 Aug 16. p. 462–66.
- Rajput MS. Understanding of Quantum Tomography for Determining the Superposed and Entangled States in Quantum Computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan 1; 8(S2):143–50.
- Bennett CH. Quantum cryptography: Public key distribution and coin tossing. In International Conference on Computer System and Signal Processing, IEEE. 2014; 560:7–11.
- Goldenberg L, Vaidman L. Quantum cryptography based on orthogonal states. Physical Review Letters. 1995 Aug; 175(7):12–39.
- Ekert AK. Quantum cryptography based on Bell’s theorem. Physical review letters. 1991 Aug; 67(6): 661.
- Pathak A. Elements of quantum computation and quantum communication. Taylor and Francis. 2013 Jun.
- Bostrom K, Felbinger T. Deterministic secure direct communication using entanglement. Physical Review Letters. 2002 Oct; 89(18):187–902.
- Lucamarini M, Mancini S. Secure deterministic communication without entanglement. Physical review letters. 2005 Apr; 94(14):140–501.
- Jun L, Yi-Min L, Hai-Jing C, Shou-Hua S, Zhan-Jun Z. Revisiting quantum secure direct communication with W state. Chinese Physics Letters. 2006 Oct; 23(10):26–52.
- Li XH, Deng FG, Li CY, Liang YJ, Zhou P, Zhou HY. Deterministic secure quantum communication without maximally entangled states. arXiv preprint quant-ph/0606007. 2006 Jun; 49:1354–59.
- Yan FL, Zhang XQ. A scheme for secure direct communication using EPR pairs and teleportation. The European Physical Journal B-Condensed Matter and Complex Systems. 2004 Sep; 41(1):75–8.
- Zhong-Xiao M, Zhan-Jun Z, Yong L. Deterministic secure direct communication by using swapping quantum entanglement and local unitary operations. Chinese Physics Letters. 2005 Jan; 22(1):1–18.
- Zhu AD, Xia Y, Fan QB, Zhang S. Secure direct communication based on secret transmitting order of particles. Physical Review A. 2006 Feb 22; 73(2):223–38.
- Hai-Jing C, He-Shan S. Quantum secure direct communication with W state. Chinese Physics Letters. 2006 Feb; 23(2):290.
- Yuan H, Song J, Zhou J, Zhang G, Wei XF. High-capacity deterministic secure four-qubit W state protocol for quantum communication based on order rearrangement of particle pairs. International Journal of Theoretical Physics. 2011 Aug; 50(8):2403–9.
- Banerjee A, Pathak A. Maximally efficient protocols for direct secure quantum communication. Physics Letters A. 2012 Oct; 376(45):2944–50.
- Nguyen BA. Quantum dialogue. Physics Letters A. 2004 Jul; 328(1):6–10.
- Shukla C, Kothari V, Banerjee A, Pathak A. On the group-theoretic structure of a class of quantum dialogue protocols. Physics Letters A. 2013 Feb; 377(7):518–27.
- Banerjee A, Shukla C, Thapliyal K, Pathak A, Panigrahi PK. Asymmetric Quantum Dialogue in Noisy Environment. 2016 May; 1–11.
- Pathak A. Efficient protocols for unidirectional and bidirectional controlled deterministic secure quantum communication: different alternative approaches. Quantum Information Processing. 2015 Jun; 14(6):2195–210.
- Thapliyal K, Pathak A. Applications of quantum cryptographic switch: various tasks related to controlled quantum communication can be performed using Bell states and permutation of particles. Quantum Information Processing. 2015 Jul; 14(7):2599–616.
- Thapliyal K, Sharma RD, Pathak A. Orthogonal-state-based and semi-quantum protocols for quantum private comparison in noisy environment. Quantum Physics. 2016 Jul 30.
- Xiaojun W. An E-payment system based on quantum group signature. Physica Scripta. 2010 Nov; 82(6):65–403.
- Naseri M. Secure quantum sealed-bid auction. Optics Communications. 2009 May; 282(9):1939–43.
- Hillery M, Ziman M, Buzek V, Bielikova M. Towards quantum-based privacy and voting. Physics Letters A. 2006 Jan; 349(1):75–81.
- Tian JH, Zhang JZ, Li YP. A Voting Protocol Based on the Controlled Quantum Operation Teleportation. International Journal of Theoretical Physics. 2016 May; 55(5):2303–10.
- Vaccaro JA, Spring J, Chefles A. Quantum protocols for anonymous voting and surveying. Physical Review A. 2007 Jan; 75(1):123–33.
- Li Y, Zeng G. Quantum anonymous voting systems based on entangled state. Optical review. 2008 Sep; 15(5):219–23.
- Horoshko D, Kilin S. Quantum anonymous voting with anonymity check. Physics Letters A. 2011 Feb; 375(8):1172–5.
- Bonanome M, Buzek V, Hillery M, Ziman M. Toward protocols for quantum-ensured privacy and secure voting. Physical Review A. 2011 Aug; 84(2):223–31.
- Jiang L, He G, Nie D, Xiong J, Zeng G. Quantum anonymous voting for continuous variables. Physical Review A. 2012 Apr 9; 85(4):042309.
- Li Y, Zeng G. Anonymous quantum network voting scheme. Optical review. 2012 May; 19(3):121–4.
- Thapliyal K, Sharma RD, Pathak A. Analysis and improvement of Tian-Zhang-Li voting protocol based on controlled quantum teleportation. 2016 Feb; 1–9.
- Sharma RD, Thapliyal K, Pathak A, Pan AK, De A. Which verification qubits perform best for secure communication in noisy channel? Quantum Information Processing. 2016 Apr; 15(4):1703–18.
- Cabello A. Quantum key distribution in the Holevo limit. Physical Review Letters. 2000 Dec; 85(26):5635.
- Sharma V, Thapliyal K, Pathak A, Banerjee S. A comparative study of protocols for secure quantum communication under noisy environment: single-qubit-based protocols versus entangled-state-based protocols. Quantum Information Processing. 2016 Jul 29.
- Thapliyal K, Pathak A, Banerjee S. Quantum cryptography over non-Markovian channels. 2016 Aug 22. Available from: http://arxiv.org/abs/1608.06071v1
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.