Total views : 331
Big Data Analytics - A Leveraging Technology for Indian Commercial Banks
Background/Objectives: Big Data are said to be an extremely huge data set that has to be analyzed, handled, managed and validated through a typical data management tools. Banks are one of the financial services industries that handles enormous amount of transaction data that has been managed, scrutinized and utilized for the benefit of banks as well as the customers. Hence this research paper analyzed how big data are managed in Indian commercial banks, the factors that have a greater impact on banks in handling big data was studied and examined how analytics creates value for the business. Method/Statistical Analysis: Secondary data was collected from various resources such as articles, journals and websites. The factors such as big data management, risk management, fraud detection, customer segmentation and business value of banking industries are studied. A Conceptual framework has been developed to highlight the factors that have a higher impact on big data management in banking industry. Findings: From the study it is analyzed that big data analytics has a driven a prominent change in the business value of banks and the factors having an influence on business value is highlighted. Application/Improvements: Banks need to revamp their software architecture for managing the big data and adopt the new technologies which in turn increases the business value of the organization.
Big Data Management, Business Value, Commercial Banks,Customer Segmentation, Fraud Detection, Risk Management.
- Noh K, Lee D. Bigdata platform design and implementation model.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(18):1–8.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i18/75864.
- Peisker A, Dalai S. Data analytics for rural development.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):50–60.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS4/61494.
- Rao YV, Budde SR. Banking technology innovations in India: Enhancing customer value and satisfaction.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33):1–10.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i33/78280.
- SAP, Financial services: Grow margins with SAP banking software [Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 11]. Available from: http://go.sap.com/solution/industry/banking.html.
- Stackowiak R, Mantha V, Licht A, Khanna A. Oracle enterprise architecture white paper – Improving banking and financial services business performance with big data; 2015 Feb.p.1–25.
- Datasheet, One Platform and Many Applications[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 11]. Available from: http://www.cloudera.com/.
- Capgemini consulting, big data alchemy: How can banks maximize the value of their customer data[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 18]. Available from:https://www.capgemini.com/resources/big-data-customer-analytics-in-banks.8-2014.
- Ghosh S. Big data analytics to bank on your biggest asset-information. Aspire Systems Consulting PTE Ltd; 2013. p.1–7.
- Veldhoen A, Prins SD. Applying big data to risk management: Transforming risk management practices within the financial services industry. Avantage Reply; 2004.p.1–12.
- EMC corporation, big data: Big opportunities to create business value [Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 19]. Available from: http://www.emc.com.
- Simonson E, Jain A. Analytics in banking, everest group research[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 20]. Available from: http://www.genpact.com.
- Verna R, Sathyan R, Mani M. Use of big data technologies in capital markets, Infosys [Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 20]. Available from: https://www.infosys.com/industries/financial-services2011.
- Leveraging bigdata to revolutionize fraud detection, information week – banking systems &technologies;[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 20]. Available from: http://www.banktech.com/leveraging-big-data-to-revolutionize-fraud-detection/a/d-id/1296473.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Combating fraud and money laundering: How the financial services industry can leverage big data; 2015 Mar.
- Fraud detection using data analytics in the banking industry, ACL [Internet].2014. [Cited 2016 Apr 20]. Available from: https://www.acl.com.
- IBM software, Fighting fraud in banking with big data and analytics; 2014 Oct.
- Every, big data in banking for marketers[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 20]. Available from: www.evry.com.
- Bohe A. Winning the intensifying battle for customers, Accenture; 2012. p.1–8.
- Hoppermann J, Bennett M. Big data in banking: It’s time to act. Forrester. 2014
- InData labs, big data in banking[Internet].[Cited 2016 Apr 22]. Available from: www.indatalabs.com.
- Rieder KR, Barri L, Tarruella J. Big data – uncovering hidden business value in the financial service industry. GFT Technologies AG; 2014. p. 2–38.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.