Total views : 300
An Emphasize of Customer Relationship Management Analytics in Telecom Industry
Background/Objective: The study aims to accentuate the need of CRM analytics in the telecom sector by scrutinizing the crucial components under the prime arch of technology, marketing strategies and end user expectation. Method/Analysis: Data pertaining to seven telecom service providers were collected from a sample of 200 mobile users in Tamil Nadu, India using simple random sampling. The descriptive study was analyzed by employing multiple regression technique in order to measure the combined effects of the independent variables and Anova to discern the significance of the variables. SPSS Statistics 17.0 version is used for data analysis. Findings: The study found that an aggressive strategy is required to enhance trustworthiness of the telecom service providers by strongly holding the customers' priorities at heart, serving consumers with highly customized services and commendable behavior of customer service executive to make the interaction between the provider and customer an enduring experience. Application/Improvement: This study drifts away from the earlier studies where perception about the technology was the prime focus and complements the recent studies where mere technology is no more a competitive advantage to acquire customer satisfaction. Taking a step forward, this study also prioritizes the order of variables affecting customer satisfaction as: Marketing strategies, End - User expectation on services and Technology. Thus the research output calls for an aggressive customer analytics in Telecom Industry.
Customer Analytics, Customer Relationship Management(CRM), Customer Satisfaction, Telecom Analytics.
- Rajeswari PS, Ravilochanan P. Churn analytics on Indian prepaid mobile services. Canadian Center of Science and Education. 2014; 10(13):169–83.
- Meera A. Role of service quality in customer relationship management: an empirical study of Indian telecom industry. 2013; 3(2):87–94.
- Lambert DM. Customer relationship management as a business process USA. Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. 2010; 25(1):4–17.
- Zablah AR, Bellenger DN, Johnston WJ. Customer relationship management implementation gaps. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. 2004, 24(4):279–95.
- Amine NT, Mazen HS, Saeed A. The perception of customer relationship management adoption case of mobile companies in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Mobile Technologies, Knowledge and Society. 2011:1–13
- Vani H, Shanthi P. CRM implementation in Indian telecom industry – evaluating the effectiveness of mobile telecom service providers using data envelopment analysis. International Journal of Business Research and Management. 2011 Oct; 2(3):110–27.
- Maher FM. Customer relationship management (telecommunication industry) comparison between (Airtel) and (Zain). International Journal of Business and Management Invention. 2013Nov; 2(11):52–8.
- How US telecoms can more effectively convert data to foresight [Internet]. [Cited 2011 Jan 09]. Available from: http://www.cognizant.com/InsightWhitepapers.
- Deepak S, Anil A. Customer relationship management in banks, Abhinav. Journal of Research in Commerce and Management. 2011:8–13.
- Kapil Y, Shashank T, Rajiv D. Impact of technological changes in telecom sector in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):194–9.DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8iS4/62217.
- Samarajiva R. Leveraging the budget telecom network business model to bring broadband to the people. Information Technologies and International Development Journal.2010; 6(4):93–7.
- Castaneda JA. Relationship between customer loyalty and satisfaction on the internet. Journal of Business and Psychology. 2011Oct; 26(3):371–83.
- Liu L, Tzer C, Maggie Y, Lee CH. The effects of relationship quality and switching barriers on customer loyalty. International Journal of Information Management. 2011; 31(1):71–9
- Rajini G.Vital strategies discriminating global and local organizations in India. GlobalBusiness Review. 2013; 14(2):225–41.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.