Total views : 319
Transforming Customer Experience in E-Commerce Market Place: A SMACT Approach
Background/Objectives: No organization can succeed if customers are not taken into confidence. The organizations must listen to its customers and stakeholders and adapt to their changing needs and preferences in the modern business practices connected with e-commerce. Social Media, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud Computing collectively referred as SMAC, the new addition suggested by the paper is Internet of Thing that has found to have a strong impact in transforming the customer experience, thus renaming SMAC as SMACT. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The paper focuses on impact of SMACT in E-commerce market place. The paper also attempts to analyses the drivers of SMACT that are responsible for transforming customer experience. Further the paper studies the strategies associated with SMACT for development of E-Commerce. An in-depth literature review was carried out to study the SMAC and IOT effect on customer transformation. A structured questionnaire was developed for studying the adoption of SMACT technology for better e-commerce experience. Statistical software package, SPSS 20 was used to analyze the questionnaire. Findings: It was found that drivers like Security, reliability, Integration, discoverability and Interoperability are transforming the customer experience through SMACT adoption and organizations also are encouraging their customers to accept these technologies. Organizations are also developing specific business strategies for incorporating these technologies in their business models. Application/Improvement: Internet of Things has found its footholds in modern technologies among customers and they are readily accepting them as a part of their lives. Social Media, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud Computing are, hence incomplete without incorporation of "Internet of Things". The paper hence proposes that the IOT should also be studied along with other SMAC technologies and be called as SMACT.
E-Commerce, Internet of Things (IoT), SMAC, Transformation.
- Social Mobile Analytics Cloud Smac Technology Business. Available from: http://www.cognosys.com/cognosystechnologiespartners/socialmobileanalyticscloudsmactechnologybusiness/. Date accessed: 15/04/2016.
- Contracting for the ‘Internet of Things’: Looking into the Nest Queen Mary School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper No. 219/2016. Available from SSRN: http://ssrn.com/ abstract=2725913. Date accessed: 12/04/2016.
- Mobile-Friendly-Vs-Mobile-Optimized-Vs-ResponsiveDesign. http://torspark.com/ mobile-friendly-vs-mobileoptimized-vs-responsive-design/. Date accessed: 12/04/2016.
- The Internet Of Things The Story So Far. Available from: http://iot.ieee.org/newsletter/september2014/theinternetofthingsthestorysofar. html. Date accessed: 24/04/2016.
- Combining-Big-Data-And-Cloud-Capabilities-For-EcommerceMatches-Buyers-And-Sellers-Like-Never-Before. Available from: http://www.zdnet.com/article/ combining-big-data-and-cloud-capabilities-for-ecommercematches-buyers-and-sellers-like-never-before/. Date accessed: 20/04/2016.
- Strategies-To-Get-Customers-To-Trust-Your- StrategiesTo-Get-Customers-To-Trust-Your Ecommerce-Store. Available from: https://www.shopify.in/blog/6327946-5strategies-to-get-customers-to-trust-your-ecommercestore. Date accessed: 15/04/2016.
- Build-Ecommerce-Customer-Trust-Through-Content. Available from: http://blog.hubspot.com/ ecommerce/ build-ecommerce-customer-trust-through-content. Date accessed: 10/04/2016.
- Social Mobile Analytics Cloud Smac Technology Business. Available from: http://www.cognosys.com/cognosystechnologiespartners/socialmobileanalyticscloudsmactechnologybusiness/Date of access:10.04.2016
- Measure-Ecommerce-Success-Google-Analytics. Available from: https://www.ltnow.com/measure-ecommercesuccess-google-analytics/. Date accessed: 20/04/2016.
- The-SMAC-code-Embracing-new-technologies-for-futurebusiness.pdf Date of access: 20.04.2016
- Mittal P, Garg S, Yadav S. Social Network Analysis using Interest Mining: A Critical Review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(16):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.