Total views : 238
Exuberance Due to Celebrity Endorsement on Brands: A Product Categorical Study
Background/Objectives: The article aims to conceive on how celebrity endorsement for products affects the life style of any ordinary individual in a society thereby undergoes a little stress while making a decision in choice of purchase of a product. Method/Statistical Analysis: The structured question was administered to the respondents - buyers. A total of 200 questionnaires were distributed out of which 172 responded and were taken as samples. The paper analyses which product is highly affected on purchase due to celebrity endorsement. SPSS Statistics 17.0 version is used for data analysis. A multiple regression was run on 5 major products like: Jewel, Cosmetics, Food&Beverages, Electronic gadgets and Vehicles against independent variables like: 'Reach of Brand', 'Brand Recall', 'purchase opinion', and 'Trust' to understand which variable highly affects the purchase decision of particular product. Findings: The model depicts that chance of purchasing Jewel, cosmetics, Food and Beverages and electronic gadgets depends highly on 'Brand reach due to Celebrity Endorsement' but for purchasing of vehicles it depends on 'Purchase opinion due to celebrity endorsement'. Application/Improvement: A message is conveyed to the marketers to make the brand reach buyers by the use of celebrity endorsements especially in case of Jewels, Cosmetics, Food&Beverages and Electronic products. Whereas in case of Vehicles, buyer behavior towards celebrity endorsement has great impact on buyer to purchase the vehicles.
Brand Recall, Brand Reach, Celebrity, Endorsement, Purchase Decision, Trust.
- Pearson NJ. Phillip Kotler Kevin Lane Keller Marketing Management 13th edn, Upper Saddle River, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2009.
- McCracken G. Who is the celebrity endorser? Cultural foundation of the endorsement process. Journal of Consumer Research. 1989 Dec; 16(3):310-321.
- Ohanian R. The impact of celebrity spokespersons perceived image on consumers intention to purchase. Journal of Advertising Research. 1991 Feb –Mar; 31(1):46-54.
- Kahle Lynn R, Pamela M Homer. Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser: A Social Adaptation Perspective. Journal of Consumer Research. 1985 Mar; 11(4):954-961.
- Friedman Herhsey, Linda Friedman. Endorser Effectiveness by Product Type. Journal of Advertising Research. 1979 Oct; 19:63-71.
- Salem MSY. Factors Affecting Consumer Attitudes, Intentions and Behaviors toward SMS Advertising in Palestine. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1-14.
- Rajini G, Gomathi S. Strategic imperative of human resource leadership competencies. International Journal, Learning and Change. 2010; 4(2):147–163.
- Kamins MA. An investigation into the matchup hypothesis in celebrity advertising: When beauty may be only skin deep. Journal of Advertising. 1990; 19(1):4-13.
- Donald R Cooper, Pamela S Schindler. Business Research methods, 9th Edition, Tata Mcgraw Hill, 2006.
- Rajini G. Vital Strategies Discriminating Global and Local Organizations in India. Global Business Review. 2013 Jun; 14(2):225–241.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.