Total views : 166
A Novel Technique for Analysis of Ice Properties using GABOR Filtering
Objectives: The SAR images are highly noisy so a technique is applied that can de-noise the input image for batter analysis of the features. Methods: RADARSAT1 imagery data is utilized by Synthetic Aperture Radar to detect the ice at different regions of the seas. Automated algorithm gives better consequence of target utilizing R1 imagery data. To de-noise the input satellite images, gobar filter is applied. The gobar filter is the patch based filter in which patches are created of the whole image and patch which has dissimilar properties are removed from the image. Finding: The proposed and existing algorithms are implemented in MATLAB by considering the SAR dataset. It is analyzed that after de-noising the image, properties of the image like thickness, concentration and velocity is analyzed efficiently. The results of the image such as ice thickness, ice velocity and ice concentration is increased up to 10 %, 12 % and 18 %, respectively.
Dual Polarization, Floe, Gabor Filtering, Raster Scan, SAR, Sea Ice.
- Ferraz CA, Humpire-Mamani G, Traina AJM. An efficient algorithm for fractal analysis of textures.2012 25th SIBGRAPI Conference onGraphics, Patterns and Images (SIBGRAPI). 2012; 17(11):39–46.
- Arya S, Chhabra I, Lehal GS. Recognition of Devnagari numerals using Gabor Filter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27):1–6.
- Sangeetha MS, Nandhitha NM. Multilevel thresholding technique for contrast enhancement in thermal images to facilitate accurate image segmentation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1–7.
- Yang X, Clausi DA. Evaluating SAR sea ice image segmentation using edge-preserving region-based MRFs. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing.2012 Oct; 5(5):1383–93.
- Moen MN, Doulgeris PP, Anfinsen SN, Hughes N, Renner AHH. Comparison of feature based segmentation of SAR Satellitesea ice images with manually drawn ice charts.The Cryosphere. 2013;1693–1705.
- Scheuchl B. Potential of RADARSAT-2 data for operational sea ice monitoring.Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing. 2004; 2(2):448–61.
- Flett RD, Andersen HS, Gill R, Nghiem S, Bertoia C. Preparation for the operational use of RADARSAT-2 for ice monitoring. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing. 2004 Jun; 1(7):415–23.
- Caves SR, Flett D, Abreu R, Arkett M, Cumming I. ENVISAT ASAR AP data for operational sea ice monitoring. International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. 2004 Sep; 3(4):1–4.
- Prabha DS, Kumar JS. Performance evaluation of image segmentation using objective methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8):1–8.
- Sujatha P, Sudha KK. Performance analysis of different edge detection techniques for image segmentation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):1–6.
- Ben WM, Nixon MS, Carter JN. Analysing micro-and macro-structures in textures.2012 Eighth International Conference onSignal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems (SITIS). 2012; 3(4):246–53.
- Tarabalka Y. Shape-constrained segmentation approach for arctic multiyear sea ice floe analysis.2012 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). 2012; 5(2):55–65.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.