Total views : 235
Patient Monitoring and Spontaneous Alerting System using ADT
Background/Objectives: Delay in communication between patient and doctor would lead to loss of patient's life. To overcome this problem, we have designed a prototype which reduces the delay by identifying the available doctor automatically. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Maintaining the database and mobile App are the key factors while monitoring the patient. Findings: In this paper we have designed a prototype with a set of sensors implemented on the patient's body and the data collected from sensors is then sent to the mobile. We have used a mobile app to display his/her temperature, BP, and heartbeat. The mobile is connected to the server and the whole data is updated in the server. To alert the doctor, we used the GSM module for sending the message. Whenever the patient's health is in critical condition, the doctor can react immediately and visit the patient. Applications/Improvements: With this prototype, we can monitor all the patients in the hospital and their records are stored in the database. Whenever we require a particular patient's details we can retrieve the records in the server.
Android Development Tool (ADT), Blood Pressure Sensor, Heartbeat Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Patient Monitoring.
- Yassein Muneer Bani, Mohammad Hamdan, Hisham Shehadeh, Lina Mrayan. An improvement on health monitoring system for multiple patients using wireless sensor network. MAGNT research report. 2015 Jul; 3(7):1–15.
- Thwe Hsu Myat, Tun Hla Myo. Patient health monitoring using wireless body area network. International Journal of Scientific & Technology. 2015 Jun; 4(06):364–68.
- Mankar Jayant, Bhute Jayshri, Thool Nikita, Rasnala Pranali, Handa Komal. ARM7 based patient’s health monitoring system. International Journal of Research in Advent Technology. 2014 Jan; 2(1):113–20.
- Ashwini R Jadhav, Virendra V Shete. Android based health monitoring. International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication. 2014 Jun; 2(6):1429–31.
- Hemavathy E, Sinthuja S, Manoharan N. Design and development of Simple Guiding Blood Pressure Measurement (SGBPM) mobile application. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Oct; 7(s6):6–10.
- Ma Li, Gu Lei, Wang Jin. Research and Development of Mobile Application for Android Platform. International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering. 2014 Apr; 9(4):187–98.
- Yogita l Kumbhare, Pankaj H Rangaree. Patient health monitoring using wireless body area sensor network. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology. 2015 Feb; 4(3):5–7.
- Clifton Lei, David A Clifton, Marco AF Pimentel, Peter J Watkinson and Lionel Tarassenko. Predictive Monitoring of Mobile Patients by Combining Clinical Observations with Data from Wearable Sensors. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2014 May; 18(3):722–30.
- Amutha B, Manickavasagam, Patnaik Alankrit, Nanmaran Karthick. Erection of comprehensive wellness program for global healthcare monitoring system using AODV protocol with data clustering schema. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1–13.
- Christos C Bellos, Papadopoulos A, Rosso Roberto, Dimitrios I Fotiadis. Identification of COPD Patients’ Health Status Using an Intelligent System in the chronious Wearable Platform. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2014 May; 18(3):731–38.
- Hwansoo Kang, Jinhyung Cho. Case Study on Efficient Android Programming Education using Multi Android Development Tools. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–5.
- Sinha Neha, Ravi V. Implementation of health monitoring system using mixed environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(20):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.